Will they play snake charmer live?

VistaCruiser

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i want natives and/or kaleidoscope.

on topic: it'd be awesome, one of my top 5 songs on the album, but i doubt it.

I def see Natives as a song to be played live, and for some reason I also feel like This Is Home will be

this is home - i wonder will they play it acousticly. now that would be awesome.

i want natives and/or kaleidoscope.

on topic: it'd be awesome, one of my top 5 songs on the album, but i doubt it.

I def see Natives as a song to be played live, and for some reason I also feel like This Is Home will be

this is home - i wonder will they play it acousticly. now that would be awesome.

The song would sound stupid without the lead guitar riff, which needs to be played electric.

Doubt it. Hope not though, it's the worst song on the album. I can't understand the love for it. The lyrics make me cringe in places.

????  I can't understand how one wouldn't like that song if they're a blink fan.

Having said that, in terms of deluxe edition songs, I want them to play Even if She Falls more than anything.

It's just not the sort of blink song I enjoy, the chorus just doesn't click, and the topic of the song is pathetic. I mean, fucking Adam and Eve? Come On.

Doubt it. Hope not though, it's the worst song on the album. I can't understand the love for it. The lyrics make me cringe in places.

????  I can't understand how one wouldn't like that song if they're a blink fan.

Having said that, in terms of deluxe edition songs, I want them to play Even if She Falls more than anything.

It's just not the sort of blink song I enjoy, the chorus just doesn't click, and the topic of the song is pathetic. I mean, fucking Adam and Eve? Come On.

So?  Self titled dealt with incredibly random topics: identifying with your captors (Stockholm Syndrome), not wanting to leave outer space (Asthenia), simply seeing a hot girl enter a bar (Violence), Jerry Finn's experience as a child with the most popular girl in school (Easy Target/All of This), etc.  I think a song about Adam and Eve could just as easily been on that album, and fit perfectly well.  I dunno, its one thing if the chorus doesn't click for you (I love it), but to say the topic is pathetic seems pretty stupid, especially when you consider that a lot of their greatest songs deal with the most common things found in song writing, at least Snake Charmer is different.

So?  Self titled dealt with incredibly random topics: identifying with your captors (Stockholm Syndrome), not wanting to leave outer space (Asthenia), simply seeing a hot girl enter a bar (Violence), Jerry Finn's experience as a child with the most popular girl in school (Easy Target/All of This), etc.  I think a song about Adam and Eve could just as easily been on that album, and fit perfectly well.  I dunno, its one thing if the chorus doesn't click for you (I love it), but to say the topic is pathetic seems pretty stupid, especially when you consider that a lot of their greatest songs deal with the most common things found in song writing, at least Snake Charmer is different.

the song doesn't have to be about adam and eve if you don't want it to. that's what the song is about to Tom. to me, it's about something totally different. i think tom should keep his mouth shut when it comes to the meanings behind his songs these days because they're typically about something retarded and that can ruin them for a lot of people.

theyve been known to play randomly sometimes. i cant believe they played this

I wish they still played this, one of my top 15 blink songs probably.

I'd love a show with none of the singles in the set list, (bar the ones from Neighborhoods, with them being new and all).

Would be epic.

The self titled "random topics" are at least real life experiences. Not necessarily the bands own experience, but they have their grounding firmly in rationality.

The overt religious undertones of Snake Charmer ruin it for me, and I don't think it's a song that's well constructed, both in melody and lyrics, plus the drum outro leading into the interlude is a bit redundant as it's far too long.

I can cope with, and even like, references to God, as that can provide great imagery even for the non religious, but Adam and Eve is a fairytale, and it conjures up imagery of moron creationists who think the world is 6000 years old.

the song doesn't have to be about adam and eve if you don't want it to. that's what the song is about to Tom. to me, it's about something totally different. i think tom should keep his mouth shut when it comes to the meanings behind his songs these days because they're typically about something retarded and that can ruin them for a lot of people.

To me, the Adam and Eve refference is about how people, woman and men, have been tempted by sex since the beginning of time and it's using the religous reference linking it with "good girls like to sin"

snake charmer is a good song, tight bassline, harder sounding guitar riff, good lyrics, but then I released it's a direct rip off of the machine:

But that riff was originally written for blink. There's a Cheetah clip of Tom playing it in 2003.

snake charmer is a good song, tight bassline, harder sounding guitar riff, good lyrics, but then I released it's a direct rip off of the machine:

But that riff was originally written for blink. There's a Cheetah clip of Tom playing it in 2003.

not sure but the guitar riff on the verse of The Machine its so similar to the guitar riff in the verse of Even If She Falls

The self titled "random topics" are at least real life experiences. Not necessarily the bands own experience, but they have their grounding firmly in rationality.

The overt religious undertones of Snake Charmer ruin it for me, and I don't think it's a song that's well constructed, both in melody and lyrics, plus the drum outro leading into the interlude is a bit redundant as it's far too long.

I can cope with, and even like, references to God, as that can provide great imagery even for the non religious, but Adam and Eve is a fairytale, and it conjures up imagery of moron creationists who think the world is 6000 years old.

I feel like we're listening to different songs.  I mean yes its about Adam and Even but other than that, where are the religious undertones?  The song is as religious as Not Now, which is to say barely.  You get a vague reference to the fact that Eve sinned (good girls like to sin) and that Adam was the first man (back at the starting line when he was going out of his mind).  But lets see the full lyrics:

I felt a stutter and a waiver cutting like a razor

like fire through the snow then straight down to the bone

She creeps up like a spider and want you deep inside her

she turns you into stone a twisted little show

That’s how it was how it was all to begin cause good girls

who like to sin way back at the starting line when he was out of his mind

and he was the first to go in search of the great unknown

and falling yet again cause good girls who like to sin

You are a hero and survivor your eyes are getting tired

there’s claw marks on your spine It happens all the time

The silent evil daughters like sirens on the water

You’ve been the perfect crime It happens all the time

good girls who like to sin

falling yet again, good girls who like to sin

hell the song has more sex references than it does to religion, the word God never even comes up, as opposed to say a song like Not Now.  I dunno, I just can not see this song from your same perspective at all.  Plus who gives a shit, Tom is clearly somewhat religious, if he wants his faith to vaguely shine through every now and then, how is that a problem?