Blink boards collaboration: 90's pop punk cover album

Aria

Wanna maybe do something like this, where we get as many contributors we can from the boards and their projects and release a 90's pop punk cover record?

For example, I'll go ahead and say I'm gonna do Weezer - My name is Jonas.

Karaoke tracks, real tracks, instrumentals, whatever you want you can do for this album as long as it's a 90's pop punk song.

if i had a better way to record at the moment i'd totally do it but i'm in a bind right now

Your youtube videos have nice sound, you could upload a video to youtube, mp3 rip it, and take the video off (Or keep it on, w/e) for the album.

i have pretty shitty recording equipment but id be down for this.

I think that's the best part of this whole thing. Some songs will sound ridiculously mixed, others not so much, some somewhere in the middle.  It'll be cool.

I'd like to record some guitar, or even bass for this!  If I start a cover myself (as I sometimes do) I will ask if anyone wants to sing, drum, play guitar, or whatever else on it.

Great idea.

Yeah, man! That's the idea :) Like for instance, My Weezer cover is gonna be Beth and I so the credits will read

Beth & Aria - TRACK

Yours will be

Ducky182, ***, ****, *** - TRACK

My band covers a ton of 90's songs when we perform, so I have written and can throw down a cover of any of the following....

What's My Age Again (extended outro with the chorus of Dumpweed)

Fresh Prince of Belaire

Wow I Can Get Sexual Too

Seventy Times Seven

The Quiet Things That No One Ever Knows

I Want to Hear You Sad

Letters to God

Closing Time

I'd love to do Hear You Me by Jimmy Eat World actually... I know people say to never cover it, but I figure it's worth a shot. If it turns out crap then I can do something else. I can do guitar piano and vocals, can anybody do the drums for it? It's pretty simple.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...