Hearts All Gone: About Tom?

supervic

Is Hearts All Gone about Tom?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Is Hearts All Gone about Tom?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Personally I don't give a shit. I don't get why people have the urge to overanalyse things. Who cares if mark wrote about how retarded tom is, we all give a different meaning to songs anyway. I bet we all know a girl that fucked us over, well HOG is about that girl. Moving on.

No its not.

I don't remember the last time Mark achieved Fame and fortune with a girl who fucked him over. Marks been married for over 10 years. Highly unlikely he is writing about some girl who fucked him over.

As you can see from the poll results so far it is pretty obvious the consensus is no it is not about Tom. The song is most likely a story Mark decided to go with that most people can relate to. Every guy has met a girl where the start was all wrong. A girl that speaks from her heart but her hearts all gone. If i remember correctly Tom and Mark at the start was not all wrong, it was more like perfect from what they say. The only two parts you are clawing at to make a point is the drinking to death and fame and fortune. Vague ass lines that could relate to literally any person in the world.

Yea that could relate to anyone in the world vague ass lines there....

I voted that it is about Tom and I cant see any other conclusion, Mark may have wrote it in a way that it could relate to a relationship so the song appeals to more people, but the underlying meaning of the song is about Tom

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally I don't give a shit. I don't get why people have the urge to overanalyse things. Who cares if mark wrote about how retarded tom is, we all give a different meaning to songs anyway. I bet we all know a girl that fucked us over, well HOG is about that girl. Moving on.

No its not.

I don't remember the last time Mark achieved Fame and fortune with a girl who fucked him over. Marks been married for over 10 years. Highly unlikely he is writing about some girl who fucked him over.

As you can see from the poll results so far it is pretty obvious the consensus is no it is not about Tom. The song is most likely a story Mark decided to go with that most people can relate to. Every guy has met a girl where the start was all wrong. A girl that speaks from her heart but her hearts all gone. If i remember correctly Tom and Mark at the start was not all wrong, it was more like perfect from what they say. The only two parts you are clawing at to make a point is the drinking to death and fame and fortune. Vague ass lines that could relate to literally any person in the world.

Yea that could relate to anyone in the world vague ass lines there....

I voted that it is about Tom and I cant see any other conclusion, Mark may have wrote it in a way that it could relate to a relationship so the song appeals to more people, but the underlying meaning of the song is about Tom

I can think of 50 different people I know personally that drink to much and plenty of other celebrities/reality people who also do. Wow "Lets drink ourselves to death" has to totally be about Tom because Tom drinks when he goes on stage. Damn any time I see a Blink 182 lyric talking about alcohol I am going to assume it is relating to Tom. It is all so clear now.

No its not.

Didn't you at some point speculate that Skye might be a "golddigger"?

"But you only care about fame and fortune" is a stereotypical reference to a beautiful but bad girl. Hey I got it; maybe this song reflects Mark's subconscious hatred of Skye, who married Mark for "fame & fortune". "Watching others tortured" would refer to Skye forcing Mark to move to snobby, degenerate London. "Let's drink ourselves to death" obviously refers to Mark subconsciously wanting to commit suicide because this golddigging she-devil is sucking all the joy out of Mark's life.

Seriously people, Mark & Tom might seem gay on stage but they're not really gay enough to refer to each other as "you seemed so sweet at the start...".

This is retarded. This is like Charles Manson infamously (mis)interpreting a Beatles song.

No its not.

And yet the only two parts you are clawing at is the two lines in the chorus. :roll:

Honestly I think the only real answer is "MAYBE", until there is some kind of official confirmation on what the song is about. Both verses can easily be fully applied to Tom, this coupled with the fact that they've made statements about there being stuff on the album talking about their past makes it a very real possibility that it is about Tom, or at least based on the whole breakup period.

No its not.

"But you only care about fame and fortune" is a stereotypical reference to a beautiful but bad girl. Hey I got it; maybe this song reflects Mark's subconscious hatred of Skye, who married Mark for "fame & fortune". "Watching others tortured" would refer to Skye forcing Mark to move to snobby, degenerate London. "Let's drink ourselves to death" obviously refers to Mark subconsciously wanting to commit suicide because this golddigging she-devil is sucking all the joy out of Mark's life.

Seriously people, Mark & Tom might seem gay on stage but they're not really gay enough to refer to each other as "you seemed so sweet at the start...".

This is retarded. This is like Charles Manson infamously (mis)interpreting a Beatles song.

lol i like how your homophobia/bigotry drives your reasoning for the song not being about Tom. Saying another guy was "sweet at the start" is not gay. Plus, even if it is about Tom (no one knows for sure), he's not going to make it TOO obvious. It has to mean something to other people as well...Basically the entire +44 album is about Tom, but there are still references to girls all over the place.

SHUT THE FUCK UP

this is so weird. some people really can't handle a discussion that damages their cute little fan boy fantasy assumptions.

Lol so If you take away the maybe option, I am confident in saying the poll would read 5 yes 24 no. The people have spoken. Find a shred of proof that Mark wrote the song with Tom in mind and then you will get that credibility nod you so desperately seek. Until then it is just a made up theory. Not trying to be a dick. Just avoid making something up unless you have proof to back up your assertion.

Lol so If you take away the maybe option, I am confident in saying the poll would read 5 yes 24 no. The people have spoken. Find a shred of proof that Mark wrote the song with Tom in mind and then you will get that credibility nod you so desperately seek. Until then it is just a made up theory. Not trying to be a dick. Just avoid making something up unless you have proof to back up your assertion.

lol, you sure seem like you're trying to be dick.

So everyone who disagrees with you that there's a possibility that it might be about Tom is wrong but everyone who agrees that there's "no chance it's about Tom" is correct?

Riiiiiiiiiiight....

No its not.

lol i like how your homophobia/bigotry drives your reasoning for the song not being about Tom. Saying another guy was "sweet at the start" is not gay. Plus, even if it is about Tom (no one knows for sure), he's not going to make it TOO obvious. It has to mean something to other people as well...Basically the entire +44 album is about Tom, but there are still references to girls all over the place.

SHUT THE FUCK UP

this is so weird. some people really can't handle a discussion that damages their cute little fan boy fantasy assumptions.

No, you idiot. Myself and the countless others are telling you to lock this topic for being retarded.

that's why tom never touched this song, he was too scared lol.

but seriously, what are you all trying to say? that mark's running out of ideas for songs and all his good songs are hate songs about tom? i think he said everything he wanted to tom in +44 record, got over it and moved on. no way in hell that he's making a hate song with tom even if tom never touched it.

I can't believe how retarded some fanboys are to think this song couldn't be about Tom. That it is so ridiculous to even consider.

Face it, you don't want it to be about Tom because you think it means Blink could be breaking up. What a bunch of pathetic cry babies.

There are tons of lyrics that point to it being about Tom. Do we know for sure? Of course not. But people are complete idiots to just dismiss the posibility.

Poll results mean dick. If you made a poll about "Man Overboard" years ago people would have said it is not about Scott.

There are tons of lines that could be about Tom:

Your smoking tongue is the end of us all (Tom statements about AVA. His statement about wanting to take control) "End of us ALLLLLLLLLLL" More than one person. This "girl" is not just hurting MARK!

But you only care about

Fame and fortune (Tom)

Watching others tortured (Firing tour managers and everyone in 2004 because of one guy. Tom)

Casting your reflection

Grocery store perfection (AVA statements)

This is the last time

Sent to the front line

With dirty boots on the ground

You said I'll make this all mine. (Meetings between Blink just prior to the breakup. Tom thinking he could top Blink 182 himself )

That whole fucking thing could easily be about Tom. How the fuck could any of that be about a girl?

This is some absolute shit logic. While I can't for certain say that the song is either about no one or Tom, using the justification that "Mark wouldn't write about something that doesn't apply to him now" is ridiculous. They released an album knowing full well that millions of people are going to be hearing their lyrics - it's not that absurd to think that they may write lyrics that cater to their fans more than their own personal interests. What, did you think Mark and Tom went on their first dates when they were over 20 years old?

Having said that, I don't doubt that it could be about Tom. Personally, I don't think it is - but he could have easily drawn lyrical inspiration about the whole situation and made it into a song about a relationship. It could go either way, but to strike out one of the options using that argument is idiotic.

So you are saying Blink 182 write songs for other people and not for themselves? That is kind of insulting to them don't you think?

Can we get a poll added to the top of the thread ? Sorta bored right now and it could possibly give me a good laugh seeing how many conspiracy theorists post on here.

How is it a conspiracy theory? Retard.

Personally i think it's a good thing fans look at the songs with different meanings, i think it's about a relationship with a girl, people think it's about Tom that's cool it's all a difference of opinion.

Why would Mark write a song about a relationship with a girl when he's been married for 10 years?

You're married. Do you really give a shit about love interests from years ago to write songs about them? I highly doubt it. I know I don't give a shit. I got over it long ago. I am happy now.

It simply doesn't make sense. Lyrically it makes no sense either. Why would a love interest from 10 or 11 years ago be interested in fame and fortune or perfection or have a drinking problem?

Its so obvious who the song is about. No, we don't know for sure. But like "Man Overboard" or "No it isn't" its right in front of you.

This is some absolute shit logic. While I can't for certain say that the song is either about no one or Tom, using the justification that "Mark wouldn't write about something that doesn't apply to him now" is ridiculous. They released an album knowing full well that millions of people are going to be hearing their lyrics - it's not that absurd to think that they may write lyrics that cater to their fans more than their own personal interests. What, did you think Mark and Tom went on their first dates when they were over 20 years old?

Having said that, I don't doubt that it could be about Tom. Personally, I don't think it is - but he could have easily drawn lyrical inspiration about the whole situation and made it into a song about a relationship. It could go either way, but to strike out one of the options using that argument is idiotic.

I agree, but I've never thought Mark and Tom dated eachother.The lyrics makes even more sense then, if you can make a song up and pretend you really mean it you're græt.

No its not.

lol i like how your homophobia/bigotry drives your reasoning for the song not being about Tom. Saying another guy was "sweet at the start" is not gay.

Lol, it's called common sense, not homophobia. And yes, a guy referring to another guy as "sweet" is fucking gay.

you've never interpreted lyrics before? The proofs are in the lyrics, but people will disagree that's what makes it interesting.