The (+44) General Discussion Topic

radioactive tomdog

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

I don't see any of those projects as the situation he has with blink. Those were done in off periods of AK3, and were really small, even if you compare them with AK3. Now, AK3 has been put to rest due to blink. That never happened before.

Exactly, they’ve always done the Studio - Album Release - Tour - Vacation - route, and Matt has kept himself busy during the vacation.. What he’s doing now is completely different 

1 hour ago, Mos Eisley said:

Fair enough. I wasn't really trying to say they were exactly a 1:1 equivalent, just that he always came back. I see what you're both saying though. One of you might know better than me, did they have an LP in the works right before Matt got picked up by blink?

Well, not exactly. They use to be pretty clear in terms of what's the situation while writing or recording. Before Matt joined blink, they barely said that were working on some ideas, and it doesn't look like they were gonna enter the studio in that time Matt joined blink. I mean, even Matt put out a Sekrets record just after joining blink, so AK3 wasn't yet on the horizon.

But the thing is that they said they were gonna start to work in a new record by the end of 2017 and the start of this year, so... I guess if Matt's gonna commit to blink for touring and record another batch of songs, that won't be happening on the near future. Wich sucks.

• 4 months later...

In a weird way, as gutted as I was when Blink broke up the first time, I'm glad it happened.

Without that break up, some pretty amazing songs would not exist. I love this album and wish Mark would put some more music like this out, you can feel his heart all over it. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

To be fair though he produced (or at least co-produced) Neighborhoods and it was not great production wise. I think it's good that blink isn't self-producing. But I wish they would get someone different to do it.

I didn't really Hoppus guitar tone on a lot of the Neighorhoods songs he recorded.

Lacked any real punch or tone, was probably even more noticeable because most of his songs were driven by power chords whereas Tom throws a lot more lead in. 

6 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

To be fair though he produced (or at least co-produced) Neighborhoods and it was not great production wise. I think it's good that blink isn't self-producing. But I wish they would get someone different to do it.

It's probably because they weren't in a studio together and were splicing it together. Rumor was Mark didn't put a ton of effort in, probably out of frustration.  Another reason could be his idea of it being 'indie' blink.

Otherwise I can't really understand how you can produce motion city that well

I think Mark passively aggressively just didn't care that much about it in terms of the sound of the record. Tom maybe even felt that way, but yeah, I wonder if they honestly just threw it together to get it out there.

On 7/31/2018 at 4:35 PM, _Kyle_ said:

I think Mark passively aggressively just didn't care that much about it in terms of the sound of the record. Tom maybe even felt that way, but yeah, I wonder if they honestly just threw it together to get it out there.

I get that feeling too, still better than California despite that. Says it all really.

• 4 months later...

Weatherman is still an okay song, it just is the worst on the album.

My list always changes, but I think No It Isn't might be the best, I've overdone Lillian now and you just feel No It Isn't like it is the first time again.

155 and Weatherman are my only skips. Baby Come On is overrated (by Mark).  Rest are gold, even Cliffdiving which was meh at first. Chapter 13, No It Isn't, WYHSB, Lilian, Lycanthrope are at the top of Mark's work.

1 hour ago, NJansaid said:

Weatherman is still an okay song, it just is the worst on the album.

My list always changes, but I think No It Isn't might be the best, I've overdone Lillian now and you just feel No It Isn't like it is the first time again.

155 and Weatherman are my only skips. Baby Come On is overrated (by Mark).  Rest are gold, even Cliffdiving which was meh at first. Chapter 13, No It Isn't, WYHSB, Lilian, Lycanthrope are at the top of Mark's work.

155 was always one of my favorites

• 9 months later...