The (+44) General Discussion Topic

radioactive tomdog

3 hours ago, jordidanen95 said:

I had 2 years of German in High school, all for nothing cause i don't understand a fucking word they're saying

I like the change in melody a lot though

The German Language has to be 1 of the ugliest languages out there tho

I'm basically fluent in Spanish but it's super hard for me to understand lyrics in Spanish music. I'm guessing our brains must recognize regular speech differently than music.

17 hours ago, jordidanen95 said:

I had 2 years of German in High school, all for nothing cause i don't understand a fucking word they're saying

German is a little harsh but I've always found it quite charming, and distinctive. 

I've always found welsh to be a hilarious example for people who've never heard it. loads of people fucking hate it. 

Case and point -

17 hours ago, jordidanen95 said:

It's funny cause Dutch is pretty much the closest you get to German, a lot of Dutch people I know understand German easily

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2019 at 10:10 AM, Kay said:

German is a little harsh but I've always found it quite charming, and distinctive. 

I've always found welsh to be a hilarious example for people who've never heard it. loads of people fucking hate it. 

Case and point -

Beautiful language wtf you talking about? The accent is hilarious, the language is poetic and beautiful especially on the women 

1 minute ago, Scott. said:

Beautiful language wtf you talking about? The accent is hilarious, the language is poetic and beautiful especially on the women 

Dude lived here my whole life and it's never sounded beautiful. like it's home and aesthetically it makes me happy to hear it but it sure as shit isn't beautiful. 

1 minute ago, Kay said:

Dude lived here my whole life and it's never sounded beautiful. like it's home and aesthetically it makes me happy to hear it but it sure as shit isn't beautiful. 

I’ve also lived here my whole life, what an odd thing to say. I think it sounds beautiful with Women. My missus father and wife were in America once talking welsh to each other at a restaurant and the American couple asked them what language they were speaking because it sounded like they were signing to each other 😂

3 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I’ve also lived here my whole life, what an odd thing to say. I think it sounds beautiful with Women. My missus father and wife were in America once talking welsh to each other at a restaurant and the American couple asked them what language they were speaking because it sounded like they were signing to each other 😂

I mean good for you, I've just never thought it sounded beautiful, the accent especially. I had a girlfriend with a strong llanelli accent and the way she pronounced the word "cute" still makes groan in annoyance internally and I haven't heard it in like 11 years lol. 

Just now, Kay said:

I mean good for you, I've just never thought it sounded beautiful, the accent especially. I had a girlfriend with a strong llanelli accent and the way she pronounced the word "cute" still makes groan in annoyance internally and I haven't heard it in like 11 years lol. 

Yeah but you’re talking about the accent not the language. Yes Llanelli accent is rank but there are nice welsh accents too. 

25 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Yeah but you’re talking about the accent not the language. Yes Llanelli accent is rank but there are nice welsh accents too. 

never heard a nice welsh accent. Port Talbots slant on the accent might be the actual worst one I've encountered.

and no I'm talking about the language too - I don't think it sounds beautiful, end of. We can just agree to disagree on that lol

Just now, ...Dan... said:

I love Imogen Thomas accent and looked her up and she's from Llanelli...

My ex boyfriend went to school with her. When she was on Big Brother was around the time I was with him, he kinda dismissed her as a bit of a chav. didn't realise she was still doing stuff tbh. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kay said:

My ex boyfriend went to school with her. When she was on Big Brother was around the time I was with him, he kinda dismissed her as a bit of a chav. didn't realise she was still doing stuff tbh. 

I'm sure she'd be devastated to read that...

Don't think she really is tbh, just follow her on Instagram for the occasional perv but it's now mostly her living day to day live with her kids. She hit peak fame when Giggsy was railing her behind his wifes back along with his brothers missus.

3 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I'm sure she'd be devastated to read that...

Don't think she really is tbh, just follow her on Instagram for the occasional perv but it's now mostly her living day to day live with her kids. She hit peak fame when Giggsy was railing her behind his wifes back along with his brothers missus.

Yeah I know nothing about that, literally heard nothing about her after Big Brother lol. that ex is a total cuntwaffle though so wouldn't shock me if he was straight up wrong about her.