The (+44) General Discussion Topic

radioactive tomdog

Yeah Imogen is nice and her accent is cute actually. Charlotte Church also has a nice accent. Bloody have a little soft spot for Churchy

You’re fucking weird Kay. Don’t know why you need to shit on Wales any opportunity you get. 

2 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Yeah Imogen is nice and her accent is cute actually. Charlotte Church also has a nice accent. Bloody have a little soft spot for Churchy

You’re fucking weird Kay. Don’t know why you need to shit on Wales any opportunity you get. 

How is it shitting on Wales if I just don't like it? I'm not judging you for liking it, I've just never seen it as attractive or heard anyone else thinking it's attractive really. tbh people liking the welsh accent is a total news flash for me. 

7 minutes ago, Scott. said:

so you don’t find them nice accents? How fucking hot is Churchy there btw? Christ 

I mean thats welsh accent lite lol, it's nice because it's just a small lilt of accent not a full blown welsh explosion (specifically Sophie, Charlottes heavily depends on what she's saying). Day to day welsh accents out and about though sound way thicker, and that's what I'm not a huge fan of. Seriously in work if someone spoke like Sophie Evans they'd probably think she was English lol 

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying I hate it or I think it's awful or whatever, I just don't hear it as particularly attractive but I do think that's partly because I'm so used to hearing it? like it isn't exotic or different to what I've grown up with so its just like background noise? No one finds their own accent attractive you know what I mean? 

I do. Think it’s lovely of women. Yes some are horrific, fucking horrendous but mostly it’s nice. I work in port talbot all the time and have never thought there was a port talbot accent. The only welsh accents I know of are Llanelli, Swansea, Cardiff, Newport, Valleys and then North Wales as a whole. If I hear someone speak from those places I know straight away. 

3 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I do. Think it’s lovely of women. Yes some are horrific, fucking horrendous but mostly it’s nice. I work in port talbot all the time and have never thought there was a port talbot accent. The only welsh accents I know of are Llanelli, Swansea, Cardiff, Newport, Valleys and then North Wales as a whole. If I hear someone speak from those places I know straight away. 

I didn't register the accent when I first started working here but over time you get the nuances. it's very similar to Swansea but a bit harsher in places. it's like a really, really bad thick Swansea accent, only way I can describe it. like I've worked here almost 4 years and I've lived here for one and it's definitely different to llanelli and to Swansea but it's close to Swansea so I can see not recognising it. 

Welsh accents in the Ceredigion area are also quite different to the others you mentioned. Nothing is as bad as gog though, North Wales accents are horrid - mixture of bad welsh with Scouse, hell on earth that.

I lived a little in Newport for a year and genuinely didn't notice an accent, but I might have mixed it with Cardiff which would make sense. Cardiff has its distinctions you know? Valleys is just...slower, I guess?

I think I've just not experienced many of the nice accents, only the rougher ones. in comparison to me though everyone sounds super thickly welsh so maybe that's it, my accent is incredibly subtle. 

• 3 months later...

Craig linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/craig-fairbaugh-992bbb88

lol wtf? So Craig...who I just realized was in Lars frederiksen and the bastards (knew that before and forgot) and obviously +44...is like a corporate guy somewhere as  well. I’m def not hating! That’s actually pretty sweet. Just blows my mind that’s all 

13 minutes ago, Skiba’s in great shape said:

Craig linkedin https://www.linkedin.com/in/craig-fairbaugh-992bbb88

lol wtf? So Craig...who I just realized was in Lars frederiksen and the bastards (knew that before and forgot) and obviously +44...is like a corporate guy somewhere as  well. I’m def not hating! That’s actually pretty sweet. Just blows my mind that’s all 

That’s pretty funny. The whole punk musician persona doesn’t suit his look on that page. I guess people gotta grow up when music doesn’t make you millions.

He also had his own band called the mercy killers. Released. It was alright.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

That’s pretty funny. The whole punk musician persona doesn’t suit his look on that page. I guess people gotta grow up when music doesn’t make you millions.

For sure. He’s gotta work to live, i just figured this would be cool to post given the massive love this board gives to +44. The “other guys” may not always be living like you think they are lol

• Like 2

On 1/28/2020 at 4:32 AM, Russel Coight said:

That’s pretty funny. The whole punk musician persona doesn’t suit his look on that page.

You can see a tattoo peeking out from his shirt and another one on his neck. I wonder if he regrets having such visible tattoos now that he's got a "real" job. I hope not and it doesn't look like they've held him back at all.

32 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

You can see a tattoo peeking out from his shirt and another one on his neck. I wonder if he regrets having such visible tattoos now that he's got a "real" job. I hope not and it doesn't look like they've held him back at all.

Lives in Oregon so I doubt it's ever a real issue for him.

• Like 1

On 1/28/2020 at 12:02 AM, Russel Coight said:

The Mercy Killers came to my town either during the +44 era or right after it ended. No bands ever come to my town. I really wanted to go just so that I could meet two members of +44. I had messaged Craig on MySpace and asked if I'd be able to meet them if I went, and he said yeah. But I was in high school, didn't have my own car, and didn't have a way to get to the show on a school night. Haha. I still have never actually listened to the band. I should check them out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

I more meant how he kinda fit the whole ‘anti-establishment punk’ persona thing when he was playing music and now he’s a white collar business man. Reminds me of the end of SLC punk. I’ve got nothing against the change, but my whole image of him in my head is the tattooed, cut off sleeves, metal chains and spikes punk dude and then just seeing him looking like any normal dude was a little strange.

• 5 months later...

New fan (but older person lol) here! I've only heard a couple songs so far, but they were both awesome! I don't know or remember the names, but one was an official music video. I'd recognize it if I saw it. Looking forward to hearing more from Mark and Travis! :D

On 7/30/2020 at 8:02 PM, Tombomb said:

New fan (but older person lol) here! I've only heard a couple songs so far, but they were both awesome! I don't know or remember the names, but one was an official music video. I'd recognize it if I saw it. Looking forward to hearing more from Mark and Travis! :D

The main single was When Your Heart Stops Beating, same as the album name. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kay said:

The main single was When Your Heart Stops Beating, same as the album name. 

Yea, that was one! I did listen to more since, but have forgotten again. Lol Let's see...

K, I believe I've listened from the first track, Lycanthrope ? W tf does that mean? Lol) to 155. I remember really liking Baby Come On, as well as the single, but didn't hate any. :D

8 hours ago, Tombomb said:

Yea, that was one! I did listen to more since, but have forgotten again. Lol Let's see...

K, I believe I've listened from the first track, Lycanthrope ? W tf does that mean? Lol) to 155. I remember really liking Baby Come On, as well as the single, but didn't hate any. :D

A lycanthrope is a werewolf, I believe its a metaphor for the person in the song being different to how they appear. 

• Like 1