The (+44) General Discussion Topic

radioactive tomdog

28 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I'm listening to WYHSB now, it's been a while and the songs have aged better than I thought they would ... still, you know how everything sounds when your ears are plugged or when you need to pop them from pressure? That's how this album sounds ..  it could use a touch up.

I despised the album when it was released outside of a few choice songs. It's actually grown on me with age and I kind of wish he'd write lyrics closer to these than what he's doing with blink. Every time they start using high gain on the album my ears want to commit suicide, though. It sounds disgusting. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Hoppus and Barker are already in a project together called blink-182. Why would they reform an older band with two random dudes that contributed nothing?

Because that other band is better musically.

22 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I thought it was just me ... glad it's not!

You know, I wouldn't mind a break from Blink if Hoppus and Barker have the juice to do another project like +44. I hate Weatherman and Chapter 13 but everything else was really well written ... lyrics are a bit cheesy at times but not bad. I hate "the past is only the future with the lights on" ... it's one of those lines you throw out there to sound deep but it doesn't really mean anything at all. It's a silly line.

Me too. it's such a clunker. I get what he means but it's so dumb at the same time. it's not quite as bad as "stop living in the shadow of a helicopter" but it's freakin' close. 

3 minutes ago, Kay said:

Me too. it's such a clunker. I get what he means but it's so dumb at the same time. it's not quite as bad as "stop living in the shadow of a helicopter" but it's freakin' close. 

People have that shit tattooed on them ... it's nice of them to let us know their fucking idiots without us having to get to know them.

59 minutes ago, Kay said:

I think a lot of lines on WYHSB as well as WDNTW is Mark and Tom trying way too hard to sound profound and mature with their lyrics. I think it's because it's the first thing they were putting out to the public post break up.

• Like 1

I actually like "the past is only the future with the lights on." It's a good way to summarize the cyclical nature of the pain that the girl in the lyrical narrative is going through. Well, the cyclical nature of personal problems in general. Whatever happened in the past is also what's going to happen in the future because people and things almost never change.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nasa said:

I actually like "the past is only the future with the lights on." It's a good way to summarize the cyclical nature of the pain that the girl in the lyrical narrative is going through. Well, the cyclical nature of personal problems in general. Whatever happened in the past is also what's going to happen in the future because people and things almost never change.

yeah the meaning isnt the issue. it's just kind of a lame way of putting it. 

On 2018-03-12 at 5:02 PM, Ghent said:

Band names are band names. Travis and Mark already have a band together that is in the same genre.

It would make sense if Matt wasn’t such a sellout he’d take a year or two for Alk3, Mark and Travis could’ve do +44 in the meantime..

4 hours ago, Since88 said:

It would make sense if Matt wasn’t such a sellout he’d take a year or two for Alk3, Mark and Travis could’ve do +44 in the meantime..

I mean, Matt has pissed off from alk3 a bunch of times in the past (Heavens, The Sekrets, theHELL.). The only reason I think he's a bit of a sellout is because a 10 years ago I don't think he'd be caught dead putting out an album like he did with blink. Especially with how touched up and clean everything sounds on that record. But honestly if I were to guess, I'd say if it's anybody pushing to record another blink album so soon, I'd say it'd be Mark.  

3 hours ago, Mos Eisley said:

I mean, Matt has pissed off from alk3 a bunch of times in the past (Heavens, The Sekrets, theHELL.). The only reason I think he's a bit of a sellout is because a 10 years ago I don't think he'd be caught dead putting out an album like he did with blink. Especially with how touched up and clean everything sounds on that record. But honestly if I were to guess, I'd say if it's anybody pushing to record another blink album so soon, I'd say it'd be Mark.  

I don't see any of those projects as the situation he has with blink. Those were done in off periods of AK3, and were really small, even if you compare them with AK3. Now, AK3 has been put to rest due to blink. That never happened before.