Blink-182online Interview with Mark!

n i k u

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You and Tom have mentioned in several interviews that if you guys really sat down together and recorded in the same studio, putting in 100% effort and time into blink, the end result could be something really special. Is there any chance of this happening on a future album, even though you guys have made the current strategy work?

You and Tom have mentioned in several interviews that if you guys really sat down together and recorded in the same studio, putting in 100% effort and time into blink, the end result could be something really special. Is there any chance of this happening on a future album, even though you guys have made the current strategy work?

love this question.

It's not the time to debate the sasha issue, imo. After a couple months when everything has settled we should re-evaluate.

While everything that happened was his fault, he was pressured by certain people on these boards to pull a prank in order to get recognition. it should all be taken into consideration later on.

Bah and some of those questions Sasha "asked", really do need to be asked again, specifically 21 Days, its like the best blink song prior to Dude Ranch, would they ever consider playing it live, or rerecording it or anything like that.

I know too many questions, but I'm so interested in all of this. 

"Tom has complained previously that having so many different lawyers, managers, publicists etc. around the band has caused communication issues between you guys at points over the last few years and was part of the reason you guys split in 2005.  What kind of difficulties does this create on a day to day basis as well as in terms of the bands overall ability to communicate effectively?  Could you see yourselves combining some of these aspects (managers etc.) of the band or are you guys at the point where these types of things are necessary for the band to exist?"

I want to do a blink interview, not a +44 interview. he's not going to have anything to announce in that department.

a better question would be "what does the timeline look line in the foreseeable future concerning blink? do you plan on giving the album a proper tour? will you be writing new material along the way? what can fans expect out of blink-182 in the next year or so?" something along those lines. 

Bah and some of those questions Sasha "asked", really do need to be asked again, specifically 21 Days, its like the best blink song prior to Dude Ranch, would they ever consider playing it live, or rerecording it or anything like that.

THIS

honestly, you should just ask exactly what Sasha "asked".

yeah, i'd like to ask something similar to that.

"Tom has complained previously that having so many different lawyers, managers, publicists etc. around the band has caused communication issues between you guys at points over the last few years and was part of the reason you guys split in 2005.  What kind of difficulties does this create on a day to day basis as well as in terms of the bands overall ability to communicate effectively?  Could you see yourselves combining some of these aspects (managers etc.) of the band or are you guys at the point where these types of things are necessary for the band to exist?"

good question.

THIS

honestly, you should just ask exactly what Sasha "asked".

i liked a lot of sasha's questions, but i think we can do a better job than that, honestly. i want all of the questions to be open ended. i have a feeling that if sasha's interview was real, some of the answers would have been much shorter. like one sentence type answers. i don't want that.

How does he feel about Not Now being on the standard edition of self titled?  When he listens to Self titled, does he listen to the UK edition because it includes Not Now?

No lol....

Why not?  I vaguely recall hearing that Tom was bummed on Not Now not being included, I want to know if thats true, or if it was a choice by them to not put it on the standard album.  I guess this question could be a little more broad and actually be a reference to the whole standard vs. deluxe album thing with Neighborhoods, but I'm more interested on how he feels about that one song for Self Titled.

And Ghent, one question about +44 doesn't make it not about blink.  Plus don't you think he gets tired of all these interviews with Tom where they ask about Angels and Airwaves, but never about +44.  Just ask him what the deal is with the second album we saw him sign a contract for, there doesn't have to be a followup or anything like that, just one quick question:  Are you still contractually obligated to make another +44 album?

Rather than making another live album like many fans want (myself included), being as its probably a lot of work and money, have they ever thought of doing videos like the foo fighters did with their new album wasting light, playing the whole new album live in their studio instead?

I know you only said one question but ive always been dieing to know this - Why do you play a jazz bass when almost ever other bass player plays a precision bass?

Is there a specific reason that the set list has not changed since the reunion with the exception of adding Neighborhoods songs and joke songs? Fans want to hear non-singles too - the longtime fans actually prefer these because we've heard the singles so many times. Is there any chance of adding a few older, non-singles to the set at some point?

Maybe you could add examples of a few fan favorites on the boards such as Wasting Time, 21 Days, Pathetic, Shut Up, etc. Also, Ghent, your question regarding the end of UC2 is great - that's been my number 1 blink question since the break-up

This is great, Ghent. Yeah, let's unban Sasha for getting us fucked because we found a way out of it.

Perhaps ask,

Why does the set list continue to include only the singles for the most part when fans do in fact enjoy regular album tracks as well? Do you guys ever just talk

to each other about insane some of your die hard fans would go if you guys

walked out and played 21 days?

Everyone knows you weren't a big fan of Tom doing Boxcar at all, so what led you to agreeing to drop vocals on Elevator?

I know you have a TV show, but are you still interested in doing a Solo album, or a new plus 44 record? Over the years a lot of fans feel like they haven't heard enough of you at all, in comparison to Tom.