Blink-182online Interview with Mark!

n i k u

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really think you should cut back on the Mark vs Tom questions. I think he could easily just answer some of those questions with,

1 "Me and Tom are buds. We aren't best friends but we are friendly bandmates." or something along those lines.

2. " we all have crazy schedules and everyone is very busy all the time so we have to record like this"

I just really feel like you guys wanna know all this juicy stuff about him and Tom's relationship, and he is most certainly NOT going to bash tom online or publicly.

but definitely ask about box car racer/ elevator.

the answer to Aria's question is  because the people who go to blink shows mostly aren't die hard fans. When I was in high school it was literally the "cool" thing to do to go to the blink concert. EVERYONE goes. Meaning, not everyone is going to know every song that blink has recorded so they mostly play singles which everyone knows.

Definitely ask about 21 days (maybe the way sasha asked it) and older songs, but that's the reason the sets are full of singles and I highly doubt they will change besides a couple of songs.

I really think you should cut back on the Mark vs Tom questions. I think he could easily just answer some of those questions with,

1 "Me and Tom are buds. We aren't best friends but we are friendly bandmates." or something along those lines.

2. " we all have crazy schedules and everyone is very busy all the time so we have to record like this"

I just really feel like you guys wanna know all this juicy stuff about him and Tom's relationship, and he is most certainly NOT going to bash tom online or publicly.

the answer to Aria's question is  because the people who go to blink shows mostly aren't die hard fans. When I was in high school it was literally the "cool" thing to do to go to the blink concert. EVERYONE goes. Meaning, not everyone is going to know every song that blink has recorded so they mostly play singles which everyone knows.

Definitely ask about 21 days (maybe the way sasha asked it) and older songs, but that's the reason the sets are full of singles and I highly doubt they will change besides a couple of songs.

well i guess we just wont do the interview then, jordan can just answer all the questions for us...

in all seriousness, i do think what we have so far leans to the hostile side of the fence though. i think question 3 and 4 should be consolidated into one question.

No i just think he has answered some of those questions or wont give us the answers we want.

I'm just trying to make this interview fucking kick ass.

from sasha's interview I think you should ask or rephrase these:

Just one question about the past...

Let’s talk about the back catalogue. How much of the Mark, Tom and Travis show was touched up in the studio? I mean specifically the fact you can hear Tom’s vocal for Dick Lips off Dude Ranch playing during Rich Lips.

This is how you should phrase Aria's question

So why did you decide to play the same Greatest Hits set all over again when fans do in fact enjoy regular album tracks and can we ever expect to hear 21 Days? That songs a particular fan favorite.

and somehow rephrase this

So let’s talk about side projects. Box Car Racer, arguably the best outside blink release if you don’t mind me saying, recorded a song called Elevator. What was going through your mind when you put down the vocals on that?

and I just like this question for some reason.

Mark, you obviously like the internet. Have you ever downloaded a blink-182 album from a filesharing website just for the sake of it?

I don't think anyone expects them to change the set list a lot. The question is more asking why they don't throw in one or two older songs a night for the hardcore fans. They ONLY play the singles and new songs, which gives off the impression they don't think/care about their old school fans who go to multiple shows every tour hoping to hear at least one different song.

I don't buy that they think they have to cater to the majority and therefore solely play singles. How about when the crowd chanted for The Party Song and the entire crowd was singing the chorus? They could throw in one or two rarities a night and still please the majority with 10-15 singles and some Neighborhoods songs.

No i just think he has answered some of those questions or wont give us the answers we want.

I'm just trying to make this interview fucking kick ass.

from sasha's interview I think you should ask or rephrase these:

Just one question about the past...

Let’s talk about the back catalogue. How much of the Mark, Tom and Travis show was touched up in the studio? I mean specifically the fact you can hear Tom’s vocal for Dick Lips off Dude Ranch playing during Rich Lips.

This is how you should phrase Aria's question

So why did you decide to play the same Greatest Hits set all over again when fans do in fact enjoy regular album tracks and can we ever expect to hear 21 Days? That songs a particular fan favorite.

and somehow rephrase this

So let’s talk about side projects. Box Car Racer, arguably the best outside blink release if you don’t mind me saying, recorded a song called Elevator. What was going through your mind when you put down the vocals on that?

and I just like this question for some reason.

Mark, you obviously like the internet. Have you ever downloaded a blink-182 album from a filesharing website just for the sake of it?

The way you phrased Aria's question there is perfect. And I like that file sharing question too haha - if there's room for it after the more pressing questions, do it

Ok, I took some suggestions into consideration. Here is an update:

1-You said in Urethra Chronicles 2 that Tom was your best friend and that your day is just not the same without talking to him. What is the current status of your friendship? Do you think you will ever be as close you were during the earlier days of blink?

2-You once said that blink-182 would never work if you and Tom recorded in separate studios. In fact,  you said it was one of the major reasons Blink broke up. What made you change your mind? Will you consider locking yourselves in the studio for the next album and hire a producer?

3-Obviously, all three of you are unbelievably busy guys. How does the timeline look in the foreseeable future? Do you plan on giving the album a proper tour? Will you be writing new material along the way? What can fans expect out of blink-182 in the next year or so?

4-Let’s talk about the back catalog. How much of the Mark, Tom and Travis show was touched up in the studio? I mean specifically the fact you can hear Tom’s vocals for Dick Lips off Dude Ranch playing during Rich Lips. Also, will the blinkumentary have live perfomances? When can we expect that to be out?

5-Blink's 20th anniversary is coming up. Many bands have started doing full album shows. Weezer did a Blue Album/Pinkerton tour last year, and bands like New Found Glory, Less Than Jake, and 311 have also recently performed albums in their entirety. Would blink consider doing anything special like this?

6-In the future, will you consider adding more regular album tracks to your set list? I was at the show in Kansas City where you played Party Song for the first time, fans loved it. Can we ever expect to hear fan favorites like Party Song or 21 Days live? Are there any particular songs that you, personally, would like to bring back from pre-Enema of the State days?

7-So let’s talk about side projects. Box Car Racer, arguably the most popular side project, if you don’t mind me saying, recorded a song called Elevator. What was going through your mind when you put down the vocals on that?

8-I know you have a TV show, but are you still interested in doing a solo album, or a new plus 44 record? Over the years a lot of fans feel like they haven't heard enough of you at all, in comparison to Tom.

9-Mark, you obviously like the internet. Have you ever downloaded a blink-182 album from a filesharing website just for the sake of it?

Ok, I took some suggestions into consideration. Here is an update:

1-You said in Urethra Chronicles 2 that Tom was your best friend and that your day is just not the same without talking to him. What is the current status of your friendship? Do you think you will ever be as close you were during the earlier days of blink?

2-You once said that Blink 182 would never work if you and Tom recorded in separate studios. In fact,  you said it was one of the major reasons Blink broke up. What made you change your mind? Are you considering locking yourselves in the studio for the next album or hiring a producer?

3-Obviously, all three of you are unbelievably busy guys. How does the timeline look in the foreseeable future? Do you plan on giving the album a proper tour? Will you be writing new material along the way? What can fans expect out of blink-182 in the next year or so?

4-Let’s talk about the back catalogue. How much of the Mark, Tom and Travis show was touched up in the studio? I mean specifically the fact you can hear Tom’s vocal for Dick Lips off Dude Ranch playing during Rich Lips. Will the blinkumentary have live perfomances? When is it due out? (this will need to be consolidated and worded better)

5-Blink's 20th anniversary is coming up. Many bands have started doing full album shows. Weezer did a Blue Album/Pinkerton tour last year, and bands like New Found Glory, Less Than Jake, and 311 have also recently performed albums in their entirety. Is blink considering doing anything special like this?

6-So why did you decide to play the same Greatest Hits set all over again when fans do in fact enjoy regular album tracks and can we ever expect to hear 21 Days? That songs a particular fan favorite. Are there any songs that you would like to bring back from pre-Enema of the State days?

7-So let’s talk about side projects. Box Car Racer, arguably the best outside blink release if you don’t mind me saying, recorded a song called Elevator. What was going through your mind when you put down the vocals on that?

8-I know you have a TV show, but are you still interested in doing a Solo album, or a new plus 44 record? Over the years a lot of fans feel like they haven't heard enough of you at all, in comparison to Tom.

If Mark answered these 8 questions, you'd have the best blink interview ever probably. Good stuff.

That's gooooooood thevil-rubbing-hands.gif

EDIT: except no file sharing one, do you have something against that one ghent?

I don't personally like it, but that's fine, I'll tack it on.

While Tom does AVA is he going to do another +44 album or solo one?

this or ask him why they aren't playing regular album tracks live

those are both on the interview i have so far.

I reworded question 6. Tell me what you think:

2-You once said that blink-182 would never work if you and Tom recorded in separate studios. In fact,  you said it was one of the major reasons Blink broke up. What made you change your mind? Will you consider locking yourselves in the studio for the next album and hire a producer?

4-Let’s talk about the back catalog. How much of the Mark, Tom and Travis show was touched up in the studio? I mean specifically the fact you can hear Tom’s vocals for Dick Lips off Dude Ranch playing during Rich Lips. Also, will the blinkumentary have live perfomances? When can we expect that to be out?

5-Blink's 20th anniversary is coming up. Many bands have started doing full album shows. Weezer did a Blue Album/Pinkerton tour last year, and bands like New Found Glory, Less Than Jake, and 311 have also recently performed albums in their entirety. Would blink consider doing anything special like this?

6-In the future, will you consider adding more regular album tracks to your set list? I was at the show in Kansas City where you played Party Song for the first time, fans loved it. Can we ever expect to hear fan favorites like Party Song or 21 Days live? Are there any particular songs that you, personally, would like to bring back from pre-Enema of the State days?

7-So let’s talk about side projects. Box Car Racer, arguably the most popular side project, if you don’t mind me saying, recorded a song called Elevator. What was going through your mind when you put down the vocals on that?

8-I know you have a TV show, but are you still interested in doing a solo album, or a new plus 44 record? Over the years a lot of fans feel like they haven't heard enough of you at all, in comparison to Tom.

9-Mark, you obviously like the internet. Have you ever downloaded a blink-182 album from a filesharing website just for the sake of it?

one thing i would try to avoid is having so many questions within a question because he's most likely only going to answer the most cliche one that he feels most comfortable answering, if that makes sense?

i'd also drop the blinkumentary question. he's said all he can about it and it's most likely beyond his control, seeing as he is not the one filming or editing it.

one thing i would try to avoid is having so many questions within a question because he's most likely only going to answer the most cliche one that he feels most comfortable answering, if that makes sense?

i'd also drop the blinkumentary question. he's said all he can about it and it's most likely beyond his control, seeing as he is not the one filming or editing it.

ok, i'll remove that.

as for questions within questions, the only ones that really do that are 2 and 3, but i think they should stay how they are. there isn't an obvious cliche answer to give for either of them really.

Tbh, I'd reword question 7, just becaus youre kinda saying "box car racer was better than +44" even if it is, it wouldn't be cool to suggest that to a guy whos doing an exclusive interview for a fan site. Otherwise the interview looks amazing. Congrats Ghent.