Blink-182online Interview with Mark!

n i k u

Good questions. You could ask him about ava, if he saw tom's movie and what he thought about it. Or ask him about his future plans, like does he have a plan b if blink doesn't work out anymore.

I like this question, I also wonder about this sometimes.

come up with a way to phrase it and i'll throw it in there.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, my attempt at a rephrase:

In the past, you have mentioned the fact that you checked out the new music by Tom [Angels and Airwaves] and you even gave a review. Have you checked out Tom recent work? What do you think about it? Also did you ever check out the movie that Tom has been working on for five years? If so, what did you think about it?

Have we actually set this up yet?  I know he'd said he'd do it, but we should make sure he's aware that we're doing this hah

I responded to him on twitter and tumblr. Not sure what else to do.

Defensive.  Just asking.  I know I sent him a note explaining the situation the day he posted that the interview was fake, and it likely got lost in the crowd.

We should submit 20 questions to Mark, send it to him with a statement above it issued to people saying these are the 20 questions fans are dying to know about so he knows it's important. It'll be like the 2011 version of the b182 interview. The questions seem great so far. May wanna sneak that Devoe and Georggin question in?

well surely 182online and a million brazilian fan sites saw what he said to ghent on tumblr and are now flooding his ask box asking if they can get an exclusive interview too, so i suppose we can only hope that he gets around to responding to him.

on 182online they are creazy jealous you can tell.

Interesting. Very, very interesting. I'm curious as to how they're going to butter that up at all. Kind of a shitty deal.

We should write to Mark:

"Our site didn't have any fake interivews with you, so can we have an interview? Also our site looks sexier"

What would be ask that hasn't already been answered?

Have we actually set this up yet?  I know he'd said he'd do it, but we should make sure he's aware that we're doing this hah

I responded to him on twitter and tumblr. Not sure what else to do.

Defensive.  Just asking.  I know I sent him a note explaining the situation the day he posted that the interview was fake, and it likely got lost in the crowd.

lol how was that defensive? it's not my fault everything you post is in an entirely different mood. never know what kind of attitude i'm getting with you.

well surely 182online and a million brazilian fan sites saw what he said to ghent on tumblr and are now flooding his ask box asking if they can get an exclusive interview too, so i suppose we can only hope that he gets around to responding to him.

yeah, that's what i'm thinking. i have the best chance of getting the response, but do i push it? do i send another message if he doesn't respond by tomorrow? not sure what the best way to handle it is.

I went ahead and messaged him again on tumblr (respectfully)...this time i included my e-mail address.

We shouldn't submit the questions in advance because then he could make a generic response to them all on tumblr or facebook and it wouldn't be OUR interview anymore.

I want to stress that you shouldn't ask the Box Car Racer question by stating: "arguably the best side project..." thats a stupid and insulting phrase.  It stupid because you could say that about any of the side projects, AVA is arguably the best side project, +44 is arguably the best side project.  The statement is fluff and therefore stupid, and its insulting, because its underlying meaning is +44 wasn't as good as BCR, you failed.  Its just a statement loaded with opinion and a negative one from Mark's perspective, just ask, "Given your known feelings for Box Car Racer, why is it that you chose to sing on the track Elevator for the album?"

I want to stress that you shouldn't ask the Box Car Racer question by stating: "arguably the best side project..." thats a stupid and insulting phrase.  It stupid because you could say that about any of the side projects, AVA is arguably the best side project, +44 is arguably the best side project.  The statement is fluff and therefore stupid, and its insulting, because its underlying meaning is +44 wasn't as good as BCR, you failed.  Its just a statement loaded with opinion and a negative one from Mark's perspective, just ask, "Given your known feelings for Box Car Racer, why is it that you chose to sing on the track Elevator for the album?"

i took it out hours ago dude. calm down.

Updated for anyone that hasn't read what there is so far. critique this shit.

1-You said in Urethra Chronicles 2 that Tom was your best friend and that your day is just not the same without talking to him. What is the current status of your friendship? Do you think you will ever be as close you were during the earlier days of blink?

2-You mentioned that you play more guitar on Neighborhoods than you have on past Blink albums. Being that this is a reunion album, why are you playing guitar on your tracks and not Tom? Do you play bass on Tom's tracks? Also, what are some examples you can give of past Blink songs you have played guitar on?

3-You once said that blink-182 would never work if you and Tom recorded in separate studios. In fact,  you said it was one of the major reasons Blink broke up. What made you change your mind? Will you consider locking yourselves in the studio for the next album and hire a producer?

4-Obviously, all three of you are unbelievably busy guys. How does the timeline look in the foreseeable future? Do you plan on giving the album a proper tour? Will you be writing new material along the way? What can fans expect out of blink-182 in the next year or so?

5-Let’s talk about the back catalog. How much of the Mark, Tom and Travis show was touched up in the studio? I mean specifically the fact you can hear Tom’s vocals for Dick Lips off Dude Ranch playing during Rich Lips.

6-Blink's 20th anniversary is coming up. Many bands have started doing full album shows. Weezer did a Blue Album/Pinkerton tour last year, and bands like New Found Glory, Less Than Jake, 311, and Motion City Soundtrack have also recently performed albums in their entirety. Would blink consider doing anything special like this?

7-In the future, will you consider adding more regular album tracks to your set list? I was at the show in Kansas City where you played Party Song for the first time, fans loved it. Can we ever expect to hear fan favorites like Party Song or 21 Days live? Are there any particular songs that you, personally, would like to bring back from pre-Enema of the State days?

8- How do you feel about the songs on Buddha and Cheshire Cat? Are there any blink songs that you flat out don't like?

9-I know you have a TV show, but are you still interested in doing a solo album, or a new plus 44 record? Over the years a lot of fans feel like they haven't heard enough of you at all, in comparison to Tom.

10-While on the subject of side projects. Box Car Racer recorded a song called Elevator. What was going through your mind when you put down the vocals on that?

11-Mark, you obviously like the internet. Have you ever downloaded a blink-182 album from a filesharing website just for the sake of it?

This lol. I read his paragraph of hyperventilating and laughed my ass off.

Updated for anyone that hasn't read what there is so far. critique this shit.

1-You said in Urethra Chronicles 2 that Tom was your best friend and that your day is just not the same without talking to him. What is the current status of your friendship? Do you think you will ever be as close you were during the earlier days of blink?

2-You mentioned that you play more guitar on Neighborhoods than you have on past Blink albums. Being that this is a reunion album, why are you playing guitar on your tracks and not Tom? Do you play bass on Tom's tracks? Also, what are some examples you can give of past Blink songs you have played guitar on?

3-You once said that blink-182 would never work if you and Tom recorded in separate studios. In fact,  you said it was one of the major reasons Blink broke up. What made you change your mind? Will you consider locking yourselves in the studio for the next album and hire a producer?

4-Obviously, all three of you are unbelievably busy guys. How does the timeline look in the foreseeable future? Do you plan on giving the album a proper tour? Will you be writing new material along the way? What can fans expect out of blink-182 in the next year or so?

5-Let’s talk about the back catalog. How much of the Mark, Tom and Travis show was touched up in the studio? I mean specifically the fact you can hear Tom’s vocals for Dick Lips off Dude Ranch playing during Rich Lips.

6-Blink's 20th anniversary is coming up. Many bands have started doing full album shows. Weezer did a Blue Album/Pinkerton tour last year, and bands like New Found Glory, Less Than Jake, 311, and Motion City Soundtrack have also recently performed albums in their entirety. Would blink consider doing anything special like this?

7-In the future, will you consider adding more regular album tracks to your set list? I was at the show in Kansas City where you played Party Song for the first time, fans loved it. Can we ever expect to hear fan favorites like Party Song or 21 Days live? Are there any particular songs that you, personally, would like to bring back from pre-Enema of the State days?

8- How do you feel about the songs on Buddha and Cheshire Cat? Are there any blink songs that you flat out don't like?

9-I know you have a TV show, but are you still interested in doing a solo album, or a new plus 44 record? Over the years a lot of fans feel like they haven't heard enough of you at all, in comparison to Tom.

10-While on the subject of side projects. Box Car Racer recorded a song called Elevator. What was going through your mind when you put down the vocals on that?

11-Mark, you obviously like the internet. Have you ever downloaded a blink-182 album from a filesharing website just for the sake of it?

ah sorry, I didn't read through the whole thread, glad I'm not the only one that didn't like how that one was worded.

yeah seriously, if someone on here other than ghent takes the initiative to send mark anything about this interview you are most likely going to ruin all chances of it happening

considering the first post in this thread is niku stating that he already contacted mark FOR ME, i'd say this strategy is blown. this is exactly the kind of shit i've been bitching about for the last 2 years involving niku. i just chose not to blow up about it because i'm too excited about this interview opportunity.

Why are we asking if they'll play Party Song live again?  Haven't they played that twice now in the past 2 years?  Its certainly not an every night occurrence, but when enough people cheer for it, they play it, I think that because its happened twice, its safe to say we'll hear it again, maybe we should use another song that they haven't played in years like Please Take Me Home (that song was awesome live especially when Tom would improv verses in the bridge).