What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

Unfriended - horror based on a group of friends and a hacker. It's quite decent actually. Nothing amazing but worth watching if you're a horror fan. 6/10

Starry Eyes - another horror about an actress who get involved with a Hollywood satanic cult. Was dreadful tbh although the girl had a cracking body and some if the kills were fucking brutal. But it was shit imo. 4/10

Whiplash ...9/10 been meaning to watch this for a while and it was better than I thought so intense loved it...

Watching what we do in the shadows in a min then going to try imitation game and the theory of everything this week dunno about the latter tho..

Saw Gone Girl and it was great! I think David Fincher is one of my favorite directors since every film I've seen of his did not disappoint.

The Fly (1986) - I've been waiting a LONG time to watch this being a David Cronenburg fan. Loved Jeff Goldblum's performance and the effects were very good.

American Sniper - A great, solid film. I now know that all the "propaganda" and controversy was all drummed up by the media since I didn't notice any.

Edge of Tomorrow - Another good one. It was all great until the ending as it just seemed to king of lose it's direction. I'd still definitely recommend it, especially as a sci-fi fan.

Lego Movie - This may be the only stinker. I got about halfway through and will finish it eventually but for a kids movie it's alright, I guess. Just seems kind of dumb and could be better written. I do love how it looks though.

Na I love the new Zealand humour mate ...flight of the conchords and the manager Rhys Darby is fucking hilarious...I'm guessing this will be the same kind of humour

You'll enjoy it then.

The interactions with the werewolves are so funny.

Taken - was on TV the other night and my missus hadn't seen it. We both enjoyed. It wasn't as good as I remembered though. 6.5/10

Football Factory - was on after taken, missus was glued after 5 mins, she was fascinated by the world of football violence. She couldn't wrap her head around it. Fair enough. It's ok. 6/10

Captain America 2 - probably the best super hero film I've seen yet. Not a Huge fan of marvel shit because I'm not quite sure wtfs going on with so many films. Was superb though. 8/10

Amazing Spider-Man 2 - was ok, anyone else think Spider-Man is a prick? I'm not keen on the bloke tbh. Emma Stone is massively overrated too. I don't get it at all. 5/10

13 sins - this was a bit fucking mental. Bloke who's broke with a kid on the way loses his job and gets a mysterious phone call and he has 13 challenges to do to win money. They start off innocent but soon turn sinister. It was decent. Little twist at the end. Worth a watch. 7/10

• Like 1

Magnolia (2000)

B+

PTA's 3 hour plus mosaic of characters that are making tough, intense, and sometimes odd decisions. Filled to the brim with familiar faces, great acting, increasing energy, and seemingly countless interwoven storylines; it's a lot less intense than I remember as a teenager. What you get out of it may vary, but still stunning exploration of coincidence, luck, and randomness. Respect the cock. Tame the cunt.

Coherence. Loved it, kept you focused the whole time without relying on violence or any other cheap gimmick. Also liked the physics, which were at least consistent, unlike Interstellar. What I didn't like was that the female lead turned out to be another emotionally fragile, relationship-centered psycho.

• Like 1

Bad Grandpa was filmed in my city for a lot of it. The big penguin is outside a popular local joint, I know a few people who were in there!

I saw Sling Blade and I can't stop talking like Billy Bob Thornton. Also shocking that he was so good at one time. "French fried pertaters? Mmhm. I reckon I'll have the biguns."

The Drop - It was ok, but I felt something was missing. Some of the reveals at the end weren't as exciting as the writers/director intended? I liked Tom Hardy and Noomi Rapace though!

7/10

Get Hard - Fuckng hilarious. Not a Kevin Hart fan, but Ferrell is great as usual

I liked it until about 40 min in. After that the quality of jokes decreased quite fast imo!

Spiderman is kinda cheap to me nowadays. He's always been the snarky catch-phrasey guy, but the movies make him more of an asshole. Definitely not my favorite superhero.

Yeah Spiderman pretty much sucks now.

The Drop - It was ok, but I felt something was missing. Some of the reveals at the end weren't as exciting as the writers/director intended? I liked Tom Hardy and Noomi Rapace though!

7/10

Agreed. It's ok but defo missing something. Probably tits. Don't think I saw tits. That knocks the score down a bit.

Delivery Man - 5/10.

Im not a vince vaughn fan and I wasn't expecting much but this wasn't the 'comedy' it was sold to be. it was good in parts, touching I suppose but it was mostly just a bit weird.