What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

1 hour ago, RAX said:

Any movie i should watch tonight? I've seen most of whats been mentioned last few pages. Cant find anything interesting. Watched zodiac last night. Man thats a good movie. 

Tangerine is my recommendation. Just watch it.

Leaving Las Vegas (1995)

I think this movie has aged so bad. From the direction, to the story, to the acting, to the characters, to just about everything is just off and weird. The music might be the worst thing too.

C

12 hours ago, RAX said:

I (mostly) never like war movies. Is it any special? I adore Nolan but war movie is a war movie. 

The only other war movie I've seen is American Sniper, and I didn't like it. If you've seen it--in comparison, Dunkirk has way less dialogue, doesn't have strong hero themes, etc.

If you love Nolan, then you should definitely watch Dunkirk. The nonlinear storytelling and practical special effects make this less of a visual spectacle (which I feel like a lot of war movies are) and more of an emotional ride. Dunkirk isn't a movie you see to watch shit get blown up. The emotional intensity is first and foremost instead as well as the effect that time has on our perception of events in film--this time, war events. So if that sounds different and possibly interesting then I'd say definitely give it a try!

53 minutes ago, Nasa said:

The only other war movie I've seen is American Sniper, and I didn't like it. If you've seen it--in comparison, Dunkirk has way less dialogue, doesn't have strong hero themes, etc.

If you love Nolan, then you should definitely watch Dunkirk. The nonlinear storytelling and practical special effects make this less of a visual spectacle (which I feel like a lot of war movies are) and more of an emotional ride. Dunkirk isn't a movie you see to watch shit get blown up. The emotional intensity is first and foremost instead as well as the effect that time has on our perception of events in film--this time, war events. So if that sounds different and possibly interesting then I'd say definitely give it a try!

There's war movies I really love but there's some that are full on boring for me. I couldn't get into American Sniper. Didn't like We Were Soldiers. Ironically enough, Mel Gibson who acted in that ended up as the director of Hacksaw Ridge, which I love. Always will have a soft spot for Saving Private Ryan too.

And if you consider Inglourious Basterds a true war film, that's good too. I need to see Dunkirk though, cause I'm a fan of Nolan. One of the few directors who can make 12 rated/PG13 rated movies that I can get into properly.

• Like 1

We started watching Mortdecai yesterday.

Holy shit what a horrible horrible movie. After 20 minutes or so we had enough. Not funny at all, no clue what the heck was even going on, super annoying.

1/10. Just...don't watch it.

To The Bone - 8/10

I was worried about watching a film about anorexia because I'm a fat fatty and the whole concept is alien to me but the trailer was good, and it was written and directed by Marti Noxon who worked on Buffy so I was intrigued (as I have yet to meet someone who is more weirdly obsessive with that show than me). It was fucking good, it was funny, it was emotional and it didn't glamorise anorexia whatsoever. it had some wonderful shots and interesting audio choices that I appreciated, the only reason it isn't higher than an 8 is because it felt very '28 days / Girl, Interrupted' in the setting and style and there's other films like that... it goes with the territory of any addiction really and it's not like I dislike that as a concept, but the unoriginality of that setting kind of undermined the power of the message for me.