What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

I had a nice lazy 3 day weekend and finally got caught up some movies I've been wanting to watch forever:

Avengers Infinity War - pretty good IMO
Ready Player One - enjoyed this as a gamer nerd
The First Purge - ehh, thought the others were better
Jurassic World - enjoyed
The Meg - probably wouldn't recommend
Deadpool 2 - by the end of this I was so over this forced humor, cool fight scenes though
Solo - I loved it

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to watch Solo.

I was looking forward to it despite all the negativity before it was even released and the massive disaster TLJ was. 

However, the critics were right. Not as bad as TLJ but still incredibly boring most of the time. Like a weird nostalgia trip with no soul and no sense. I almost fell asleep at times. 

2/10

• Wow 1

Started watching Solo, bought it on blu-ray for the missus as she's a huge Star Wars person - I was actually looking forward to it, I've liked all the new Star Wars movies so far.

we turned it off after an hour. bloody awful. 

27 minutes ago, Cali Denial Cape said:

I've yet to see it in full, same with Breaking Bad and Schindler's list. Way behind.

Better late than never! It was super long, but the pacing was surprisingly good.

• Like 1

It's October and my first Halloween movie this year was Summer of '84 (2018) - which was a great little movie. It has to do with a bunch of kids set out to catch the neighbourhood serial killer. It's totally jumping on the Stranger Things/80s/retro vibe, but it's actually alright as a thriller. Good watch, I recommend it. 8.5/10

Then I saw Fright Night (1985) - I enjoyed it. 7.5/10

• Like 1

On 10/6/2018 at 3:43 PM, Cali Denial Cape said:

Heard good things about that Bradley Cooper Lady Gaga movie. 

Saw it last week, it's a really good movie. Reminded me of the love story movies that were pretty common in the 90s.

A Star Is Born (2018)

About 30 minutes too long, a bit corny, drawn out, repetitive, and rather sloppy in parts. Politically, the film is a mess in where fame is validation, tokenism/cliché is high, and logic is nowhere to be seen. If you've ever seen The Rose, you've essentially seen this movie. Problems nothing in this movie is a complete failure. But like the music, well it's okay in the most okayest sense. You've heard all of these songs before. You've seen this movie before.

B-

On 10/11/2018 at 1:33 PM, _Kyle_ said:

Scream (1996)

Fun for what it is but I never got the deep love the series has.

B-

It's one of those things where it's loved for the impact it had more than the quality of it itself. the whole teen slasher movie genre had a bit of a revival because of Scream so people remember it more fondly than it deserves. 

It's a rather silly film. 

yeah yeah, oh I know, I has around 3-4 friends who were quoting it line by line. They loved/worship it.

Rose McGowan is absolutely ravishing in this though. So why did Matthew Lillard kill the hottest girl ever, that was actually sleeping with him? Makes no sense.

• Like 1