What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

4 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I watched Alien for the first time last night. I really enjoyed it. Are all of the sequels shit or are some of them worth checking out?

Aliens is great.

Alien 3 meh ...

Alien: Resurrection fucking awful

Prometheus was alright enough and I enjoyed Covenant. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

I watched Alien for the first time last night. I really enjoyed it. Are all of the sequels shit or are some of them worth checking out?

Watch them all. My second favorite franchise.  

Go into 3 and Resurrection with an open mind.  They aren't "good" but I love the universe.

Prometheus in my mind is great, and Covenant was Ridley Scott being forced to include the classic xenomorph. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Watch them all. My second favorite franchise.  

Go into 3 and Resurrection with an open mind.  They aren't "good" but I love the universe.

Prometheus in my mind is great, and Covenant was Ridley Scott being forced to include the classic xenomorph. 

Prometheus was good but the ending felt rushed. Both it and Covenant suffer from the same issues. 

The major plot twists were incredibly predictable and stupid. We all knew David would stab them in the back. It was even more transparent in Covenant near the end. I don't mind predictable plot points, but they were supposed to be one of the biggest moments in the films and I thought they were poorly done.

19 minutes ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Prometheus was good but the ending felt rushed. Both it and Covenant suffer from the same issues. 

Reveal hidden contents

The major plot twists were incredibly predictable and stupid. We all knew David would stab them in the back. It was even more transparent in Covenant near the end. I don't mind predictable plot points, but they were supposed to be one of the biggest moments in the films and I thought they were poorly done.

Spoiler

yeah but to me the plot twist was never supposed to be about David.  Weyland Yutani is evil, so you knew that was coming.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

I've been meaning to watch all the Star Wars movies in order since I haven't seen Solo yet. Only got through Episode 1 like a year ago and gave up. Fuck why does Episode 2 have to gurgle so much balls? 

I hate Star Wars but I enjoyed Solo, you should check it out.

• Like 1

On 1/16/2019 at 10:53 PM, Patient #48273 said:

If you saw it for the first time, what did you think of the special effects? 

Aliens is a classic, just watch the special edition which is considerably longer (and the director prefers it too). Few movies manage to maintain tension that high for almost three hours. I still don't understand how they managed to pull off the queen with '80s tech.

Alien 3 is kinda downbeat and unnecessary, even boring, but it has its moments (and some of the worst effects in the series). Resurrection is pretty good with the right mindset; it's got a French director (the same guy who directed Amélie actually) and the script was written by Joss Whedon (although he's denounced the film many times since). It's got some dark humor, which many saw as unfitting to the franchise, but I've come to appreciate it over the years.

Prometheus is kind of a mess with a lot of bullshit and characters you couldn't care less about (Rapace is particularly annoying), but it's made better by the much-superior sequel, Covenant, which is easily the best movie in the franchise since Aliens. It's really unsettling, creepy and brutal, and Fassbender delivers one of the best performances of all time.

• Like 2

On 1/19/2019 at 3:14 PM, MSandt said:

If you saw it for the first time, what did you think of the special effects? 

Aliens is a classic, just watch the special edition which is considerably longer (and the director prefers it too). Few movies manage to maintain tension that high for almost three hours. I still don't understand how they managed to pull off the queen with '80s tech.

Alien 3 is kinda downbeat and unnecessary, even boring, but it has its moments (and some of the worst effects in the series). Resurrection is pretty good with the right mindset; it's got a French director (the same guy who directed Amélie actually) and the script was written by Joss Whedon (although he's denounced the film many times since). It's got some dark humor, which many saw as unfitting to the franchise, but I've come to appreciate it over the years.

Prometheus is kind of a mess with a lot of bullshit and characters you couldn't care less about (Rapace is particularly annoying), but it's made better by the much-superior sequel, Covenant, which is easily the best movie in the franchise since Aliens. It's really unsettling, creepy and brutal, and Fassbender delivers one of the best performances of all time.

Gotta give Ridley credit for making Prometheus and Covenant look absolutely gorgeous though. 

Spoiler

When David opens up the Engineer's map in Prometheus I was just awestruck, it looked awesome in IMAX. 

• Like 1

On 1/23/2019 at 6:33 PM, Patient #48273 said:

I watched Aliens last night and it was good, as everyone here said it was. I thought the plot arc mirrored the first movie a little too much near the end, but it was awesome enough in other ways that I didn't mind.

The stowaway thing is actually a major franchise cliche and they use it two more times down the road..

On 1/23/2019 at 6:14 PM, JarJarBlinks said:

Gotta give Ridley credit for making Prometheus and Covenant look absolutely gorgeous though. 

Hide contents

When David opens up the Engineer's map in Prometheus I was just awestruck, it looked awesome in IMAX. 

Yeah and I love how real and awesome all the ships looked against the majestic natural backgrounds in Covenant. I think I read it somewhere they intended to call it "Paradise Lost", which would have been fitting (but lame).

The movie is filled with beautiful scenes really, like the opener between David and Weyland. Also underrated is the birth of the first alien. Only Ridley would put a moving and tender track to play along with that absurd scene.

On 1/26/2019 at 9:08 AM, theedge00 said:

Saw thay Fyre Festival doc on Netflix. Pretty interesting, Blink got a few mentions. 

7.5/10

I'm watching it now. What a shit show.

It's crazy blink was a headliner, never heard of any of this. They were probably sketched out with the payment situation. 2X market value?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NJansaid said:

I get it the guy is a total sociopath, but you'd think with people flying to a remote island surrounded by ocean, you'd be at least a little bit concerned of a death or something could fall on your hands for all the lack of resources.

But that's a problem-focused mindset and Fyre was a solutions-focused company!