What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

3 hours ago, Alan Rickman said:

God, the Harry Potter movies suck. I just listened to the books on audible and wanted to watch the movies. Horrible. I can't believe I starred in that shit.

Yeah they sucked I agree.  LOTR did well with the movies, Harry Potter did not.

The Harry Potter movies are pretty good, imo. They’re not the best movies to ever grace the screens, but they were pretty well made, especially the casting and the original scores. 

Except when they burnt down the burrow. That was a weird and also shit move.

I never got the hype for Harry Potter despite reading the first two back in the late 90s.

Honestly X-Men just seemed way more interesting...

Serenity (2019) - Insane in a good way. I enjoyed it. Definitely bonkers.

B-

Bad Times at the El Royale (2018) - Less weird than I thought it would be, but still pretty good. Good characters and well acted.

B+

I've always disliked the HP movies. the only one I quite liked was Prisoner Of Azkaban but that's because I didn't like the book that much, and I enjoyed what they did with the time turner and stuff - it was more interesting in film than in the book, I guess?

the rest of them though are dumpster fires compared to the books - and I'm not saying the books are amazing (they aren't) but they are much better than the films.

3 minutes ago, Kay said:

I've always disliked the HP movies. the only one I quite liked was Prisoner Of Azkaban but that's because I didn't like the book that much, and I enjoyed what they did with the time turner and stuff - it was more interesting in film than in the book, I guess?

the rest of them though are dumpster fires compared to the books - and I'm not saying the books are amazing (they aren't) but they are much better than the films.

Par for the course, my dear!

the worst case of "the book was so much better" I've seen lately is Ready Player One. but I've seen trailers for the 'series' they're basing on The Passage trilogy of books and that looks worse than literally anything ever made. 

1 minute ago, Kay said:

the worst case of "the book was so much better" I've seen lately is Ready Player One. but I've seen trailers for the 'series' they're basing on The Passage trilogy of books and that looks worse than literally anything ever made. 

That movie sucked big donkey balls! I haven't read the book ... not really my reading style.

6 minutes ago, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

That movie sucked big donkey balls! I haven't read the book ... not really my reading style.

I loved the book. the film was not the book. I've seen a few people defend the film saying it's "close enough" but no, not at all. it completely bungled characters, created new ones, completely rewrote most of the major parts of the book. I *adored* the book. I'm not going to pretend the book was brilliant but I adored it. I couldn't put it down and it meant a lot to me at the time, so when I saw the trailers for the film I was like "eeeehhhhh" because I wasn't sold but the missus wanted to see it. She liked the film. I was spitting fucking feathers when we left the cinema lol 

• Like 1

Yeah they really screwed up the film and left out a lot of important stuff from the book. One thing that annoyed me about the book was the Sixer bad guys, they were not really believable and it was just dumb. 
I heard the author is writing a sequel, which is totally uncalled for and unnecessary. Talk about cashing in.