What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

Annoying isn’t it. I roll my eyes when people pronounce welsh towns wrong. I shouldn’t because it’s not their fault but yeah if you’re going to make a blockbuster film then you should be nailing that shit 

Yeah exactly. They should have enough money to get a person to help them for a day or two. 

Destroyer. 6/10

It was okay. The movie had an interesting structure, the way the story changed and slowly seemed to transform into somethin else was intriguing and since I didn't read anything about the store before watching it, I genuinely wondered what was gonna happen. But it also dragged at times and I sort of felt nothing throughout the whole movie. For some reasing I also just couldn't stop thinking "oh look, they dressed up Nicole Kidman as a bad and ugly cop".

a strange bunch but...

Hush, Hush Sweet Charlotte (1964) This was recommended to me by a friend and I really did find it intriguing at first. It has a great set up, but really doesn't hold up its 2+ hour long running time. So Bette Davis plays a rich old maid gone crazy after the murder of her boyfriend who actually turned out to be married. Back in the 20s, he broke up with her during a big party in her mansion and was assumed to be the killer. Her estranged cousin, who was there the night of the murder, comes to visit her and tries to turn Charlotte's life around, as she's losing her sanity and yells at everybody. Basically cut out 25 minutes as it would work better as there's too much set up and not enough pay off. I could see this having a modern remake and being pretty good.

B-

Halloween 6: The Curse of Michal Myers (1995)

I have the producer's cut (referred to the 666 cut) which I had never seen. Oh boy, this film is half a mess and actually pretty good in places. Paul Rudd's first starring role too .. well kind of. He's a main character but I'm not sure I'd actually say he's the main character. It would be rather difficult to explain the complex relationships in this film as everybody who wasn't killed in the first film is somehow here and then some. Also to explain Michael Myers and why he does what he does, a cult is basically at the helm of him and that's kind of it. It's pretty convoluted but could of worked if they had properly explained things and narrowed the points down a bit. Also some of the acting is just awful. Still I would recommend if your in the mood for this type of thing.

C

• Like 1

@_Kyle_ yeah H6 is my least favorite Halloween of all, but it's still halfway decent. The cult stuff was just a bit weird. It was a neat idea to have Tommy (Rudd) the original kid who was getting "babysat" have to face Michael again later in life. 

In order my faves are:

H1
H5
H1Z
H4
H2018
H2Z
H20
H2
RESURRECTION
H6

H3 I can dig on it's own, but being the "non-Michael Myers" one of the series, I don't really include it in this list. (And it would be at the bottom anyway)

15 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

@_Kyle_ yeah H6 is my least favorite Halloween of all, but it's still halfway decent. The cult stuff was just a bit weird. It was a neat idea to have Tommy (Rudd) the original kid who was getting "babysat" have to face Michael again later in life. 

In order my faves are:

H1
H5
H1Z
H4
H2018
H2Z
H20
H2
RESURRECTION
H6

H3 I can dig on it's own, but being the "non-Michael Myers" one of the series, I don't really include it in this list. (And it would be at the bottom anyway)

Man, I don't think I even really remember H20. I did watch that, and I also heard Resurrection was hot garbage. But yeah, 6 does have some bright spots and it's very interesting to compare the different versions.

H3 is actually my 2nd favorite.. but I haven't seen 4 or 5. I also skipped all the Rob Zombie ones.

His first Halloween is a brilliant take IMO, love how he actually tackled the backstory. Definitely worth watching.

The second one got weird, but I still respect him for making it his own vision. (I actually had a brief convo with him about this, and he said John Carpenter told him “Make it your own!”) 

H20 is the one with Josh Hartnett or whatever his name is, it ignores H2-H6 and acts as a sequel to H1. (Similar to what the most recent Halloween 2018 just did.) It’s good. Resurrection has Busta Rhymes...nuff’ said.

On 4/10/2019 at 3:04 PM, _Kyle_ said:

when did you talk to Rob Zombie?

He did a Meet & Greet after his set at some rock festival I went to ~10 years ago and if you bought his CD you got to meet him and the band for a super quick chat/autograph. I was in film school at the time and being the huge Halloween fan I am, used the opportunity to talk to him about that. He was super cool and asked about my school and the program. John 5 was even nicer. 

• Like 1

Watched the two Anchorman movies,  mostly because of Applegate. The first one was decent, not really funny but at least semi-entertaining. Jack Black kicking the dog off a bridge was pretty funny; the movie should have had more violence toward these wicked little creatures. The sequel was just brutally bad and boring with some awful writing (the guy goes blind and movies into a lighthouse???). Applegate had barely any screen time while Will Ferrell is probably the least funny person alive.