What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

Watched the Netflix Ted Bundy movie last night. Was meh. Pretty much just felt like an extended version of the Ted Bundy tapes show released months ago. Film could be interesting I guess is you never watched the doco.

Zac Efron is great though. Seriously underrated as an actor.

• Like 1

Saw Longshot last week, felt it was fine, lots of good jokes with some meh ones. I felt like the tone was odd too. Another comedy written by 4-5 people I imagine.

Did finally watch Us.

But I had to actually shush somebody and I guess they were threatening to stab me because I did ... . It was a terrible crowd (no joke, there was a guy holding his brightly lit phone to his face, people turning on their camera lights, babies crying, talking back to the screen, etc) and this guy sitting a few seats away behind me was talking to his g/f the entire fucking movie. Basically "dumb man commentary" in where he would ask himself questions and commented on things that are funny ("that's ridiculous") or try to alert the characters in the movie that something was scary. Everybody likes that right? Really elevates the experience. So I shushed him and he basically went into psycho mode and kept murmuring to himself and eventually asked if I shushed him when I turned around. I shushed him again because he was making a scene and I honestly thought it was funny. My friend said he was saying he was going to kick my ass under his breath or whatever and was messing with a lighter to seem intimidating. I honestly just don't give a shit anymore and have stopped going to the movies because of people's behavior during them. His g/f/wife or whatever finally told him to shut up and he finally did. I guess this destroyed his ego completely. I hope he tossed and turned all night because I shushed him twice.

oh uh and Us was okay, really didn't make much sense (in the end), but I enjoyed it mostly.

Watched “The Clovehitch Killer” on Hulu, great thriller about a serial killer starring Doug McDermott (AHS S1 Dad).

Last night watched “Death Wish” on Prime with Bruce Willis, a revenge plot that’s been done a million times but I really enjoyed it surprisingly.

Somehow I managed to make it this long having never seen There's Something About Mary.

My wife and I watched it last night. laughed my fucking ass off. so good and well done

How have I not seen it?

yeah, you grew up in that era. 

kind of cemented Ben Stiller too.

it's a movie I forget 70% of it (the middle) and when I re-watch it is fun to come back to because I've forgotten most of it. now Dumb and Dumber I can go beat to beat and remember almost perfectly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Somehow I managed to make it this long having never seen There's Something About Mary.

My wife and I watched it last night. laughed my fucking ass off. so good and well done

How have I not seen it?

I haven't seen it either, probably should get round to it at some point...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MSandt said:

That was the first time an actress made me go "wow!". In fact, up until that point I had not been attracted to adult women at all.

She’s fucking incredible in ‘the mask’ Prime Diaz

37 minutes ago, Scott. said:

She’s fucking incredible in ‘the mask’ Prime Diaz

Yeah I had forgotten all about her even being in that movie (had previously seen it in elementary school) up until a few years ago when I rewatched it; was stunned at how good she looked in that.

30 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Speaking of popular films we have never seen before, I might watch 'Falling Down' with Michael Douglas. I have some coworkers who always talk about it, is it good? 

It's very good and very rewatchable.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Seen Aladdin yesterday. Was surprisingly good as fuck. Trailers looked terrible, so it far exceeded my expectations. Will Smith as the genie was great, looked stupid as hell in the trailers.

Casting unknowns was the right move as well. I ended up loving the Aladdin and Jasmine actors. The Jafar casting was suspect, however.

Ma (2019)

A

This a movie you should go into blind, knowing very little, and honestly might be the best film I've seen all year. As fun as it is scary. Octavia Spencer knocked it out of the park. Surprisingly well written and creates a fantastic tone for what it is trying to accomplish. Loved it and I highly recommend seeing it in theatres.

--

John Wick 3 (2019)

B+

While it does drag in some parts, still a blast from beginning to end. Man o man. If we can get 4 great films out of this franchise, I'll be as pleased as punch. Keanu forever.

--

Dredd (2012)

A-

I've had this film on my shelve for 4-5 years and I finally watched it. Why did I wait so long? This movie is fucking brutal, to the point, and glorious.

Shocked "Ma" was good, I keep seeing trailers on Hulu and it just seemed awful. 

I watched "Everything Must Go" on Prime (Will Ferrell), not very good. Shouldn't have been surprised considering I haven't found him funny in 15+ years.