What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

On 7/9/2019 at 6:50 PM, _Kyle_ said:

It's good, try to watch all of it. It's long but it really, really pays off.

Heat was great @_Kyle_! From the diner scene, to the shootout, to the opening heist, to the final chase, all amazing! And I'm so not into action movies, but I loved this one. 

21 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Mystic River - wow great film, been on my list to watch for ages. The three main characters Bacon, Penn and the bloke from Shawshank were fucking excellent. Really good film. 8/10

Fucking class film, haven't watched in years so think I'll give it another watch this weekend at some point.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 6:08 PM, Scott. said:

Missus went to see Lion King this weekend, she said Beyoncé ruined it. True?

Her voice is so distinctive and because she hasn't really acted that much before I just kept picturing Beyonce whenever she spoke...

I thought it was decent but was expecting more, I'd give it 7/10 - the visuals are absolutely incredible from a technical standpoint but it def lacks the character and charm of the original. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished End Game ... we had to split it up between two nights. It was okay enough; mostly I'm just glad it's over. I'm officially done with super hero movies now. I told myself I was gonna finish what I started when it comes to the marvel series and then I'm bowing out. It was cool seeing the first few but after that it became more of a chore than entertainment. 

On 9/8/2017 at 4:38 PM, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Watched a bunch of movies lately:

Dunkirk - 8.5/10. Beautifully shot 

American Beauty - 9/10. Can't believe it took me this long to get around to watching this movie. Really love the underlying messages of the film.

Goon 2: the Last of the Enforcers - 7/10. It was more of the same of the first movie, but the obscene and offensive comedy novelty wears off a bit more in this one. Loved all the NHL cameos though.

Drive - 7.5/10, Ryan Gosling as a badass actually worked. Was surprised by how enjoyable the film was.

Saw American Beauty again recently for the first time in years, and yeah - had the same reaction. It's something else, man. 

• Like 1

On 7/26/2019 at 11:29 AM, Scott. said:

Mystic River - wow great film, been on my list to watch for ages. The three main characters Bacon, Penn and the bloke from Shawshank were fucking excellent. Really good film. 8/10

This is a movie I saw for the first time last year, and kicked myself for waiting so long. Fucking great movie. 

• Like 1

After Hours (1985)

B+

A cause n effect calamity of one man's single night that ends up being a total nightmare. The kind of film that perhaps you think back on and laugh more than you do while watching but still can't turn away.

Clifford (1994)

C+

What a weird fucking movie. Martin Short plays am evil 10 year-old obsessed with going to Dinosaur World, so much so he drives his family insane to do so. I found this to be superior to Problem Child as it's more in line with a dark comedy. Short's performance is quite creepy/interesting. Not believable at all, but it kind of works? Also Charles Grodin, who plays Clifford's uncle, is so fucking great and really does well in this. It probably helps to watch this drunk or high.

Rewatched a whole bunch of those direct-to-dvd Steven Seagal movies. It's amazing how consistently disinterested Seagal is in acting in any shape or form. In many of the movies a good chunk of his lines have been dubbed by someone else; I can only imagine the directors being so terrified of Seagal that they couldn't even tell him to deliver his lines louder. Even the fight scenes are bad, usually cut and edited so that you can't see anything, mostly because it's often someone else doing the fighting while we get the occasional closeup of Seagal's face. He always wears these ridiculously long jackets to hide the fact that he's fat and out of shape. The scripts are filled with self-aggrandizement whereby various characters comment on how badass Seagal is. The only good thing about these movies is that most have at least some gratuitous nudity.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1