What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

Mother! - ehh it was well done but the ending was pretty infuriating and over the top, but Jennifer Lawrence's boobs. I read up on it after and the whole movie is a God vs. mother nature allegory. 6.5/10 

Detective Pikachu - surprisingly good, enjoyed it. Hopefully we'll see them expand the live action Pokemon movies and try to do the more canon Ash/Misty/Brock story. 7.5/10 

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - it was well acted and put together...but a movie without a storyline isn't overall a positive IMO. Every year or two a movie will come along that does something a little different (Birdman with the long shots) and then people praise it for these quirky reasons. I don't think this one was necessarily a strength of the movie, but I enjoyed it for what it was. 7/10 

Still slowly slogging my way through Star Wars, I'm about halfway done Episode 3 and I didn't realize how much CGI was in it until now. So many backdrops and props all look CGI; it doesn't look terrible but it's definitely noticeable. It's taken me since the Force Awakens to get through Episodes 1 -3 lol but I still want to get to Solo on a continuous run since the classics are worth it. 

• Like 1

I watched The Dark Knight Rises last night and the Dark Knight about a year ago.

Unpopular opinion: the Dark Knight Rises is the better movie.

Heath Ledger as the Joker is certainly the best villain in any of the Batman movies. And there are certain scenes that are amazing in the Dark Knight. But there are also pacing issues and the movie doesn’t flow as well as the Dark Knight Rises. The Dark Knight Rises is a better structured movie IMO, and the storyline with the twist of Ra’s a Ghul’s daughter and Bane being her protector was awesome. TDKR is also arguably darker and has less hope (the city is destroyed and a nuke almost goes off in it). The subtle introduction of Robin also was a refreshing take on the series.

if Joaquin Phoenix kills it as the Joker, I would actually love to see Christopher Nolan return for another Joker storyline.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

I watched The Dark Knight Rises last night and the Dark Knight about a year ago.

Unpopular opinion: the Dark Knight Rises is the better movie.

Heath Ledger as the Joker is certainly the best villain in any of the Batman movies. And there are certain scenes that are amazing in the Dark Knight. But there are also pacing issues and the movie doesn’t flow as well as the Dark Knight Rises. The Dark Knight Rises is a better structured movie IMO, and the storyline with the twist of Ra’s a Ghul’s daughter and Bane being her protector was awesome. TDKR is also arguably darker and has less hope (the city is destroyed and a nuke almost goes off in it). The subtle introduction of Robin also was a refreshing take on the series.

if Joaquin Phoenix kills it as the Joker, I would actually love to see Christopher Nolan return for another Joker storyline.

I understand your point but I gotta disagree, I thought DK's pacing was perfect for the mood of the movie. I did enjoy DKR but I thought that the first 2 movies kind of killed any chance it was gonna have, it would have faired better as the second movie in the trilogy instead of the third. I mean, I get that the story wouldn't have worked as is but the tension built in DK was really good and would have lent itself perfectly to cap off the trilogy.

34 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I understand your point but I gotta disagree, I thought DK's pacing was perfect for the mood of the movie. I did enjoy DKR but I thought that the first 2 movies kind of killed any chance it was gonna have, it would have faired better as the second movie in the trilogy instead of the third. I mean, I get that the story wouldn't have worked as is but the tension built in DK was really good and would have lent itself perfectly to cap off the trilogy.

I thought the love triangle with Harvey Dent and whatever Jake Gyllenhal's sister's character's name was, was pretty dumb and ultimately didn't do much for the series. 

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw It Chapter Two. It was good! I don't know if I'm just desensitized to horror movies now or not but this one wasn't scary at all to me. I thought the first one was pretty scary the first time I saw it. But the casting was great, all the adults were extremely believable as grown up versions of the kids from the first one. The ending was still kinda silly but that was actually kind of a running joke throughout the whole movie, where Bill is an author in his adult life and everyone hates the endings to all of his stories. I enjoyed it. Not amazing but I'm glad I watched it at least once.

• 2 weeks later...

What an unexpected, moving film, "Blinded by the Light."  A young Pakistani 17 year old in the 80s is extremely miserable in his british town where Pakistanis are targeted by skinheads and finds solace (and eventually makes something out of his segregated life) via the music of Bruce Springsteen. It's adapted from a memoir. I loved it.

• Like 1

On 8/25/2019 at 12:57 PM, Nshesaid said:

Has anyone seen Glass?  I didn't like Split but love Unbreakable.

Split gave me a splitting headache. I found it lifeless and boring.  Glass looked the same unfortunately. I too loved unbreakable. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ari said:

Split gave me a splitting headache. I found it lifeless and boring.  Glass looked the same unfortunately. I too loved unbreakable. 

Thank u!  Everyone hyped the shit out of it, I got a literal headache as well watching the schizo personality thing. "Oh he's not just bipolar, he's got 7 of them!"

Just really gimmicky to me.  Maybe if they got Christoph Walz.

Unbreakable, Sixth Sense, and Signs will always be his peak.