What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

On 10/10/2019 at 4:14 AM, Reg said:

the joker is fucking with my head...

Hide contents

he goes into the fridge, the police is calling him, scene ends and he wakes up in his bed and then all the joker stuff starts to happen. did he get caught and is imagining everything? after the riot and killing and escape he's suddenly at arkham asylum at the end of the movie. we never see him get caught. he laughs and is asked whats so funny. "oh you'd never get it". that everything was a joke to him? a lie? Todd phillips also says that a joker-batman movie will never happen. He also says that the joker has many laughs, but his "real" laugh was at the asylum. maybe because this joker is not THE joker? just some psycho? and the real joker actually got inspired by the clown movement that happened. my head is exploding. 

i thought the final scene might’ve indicated a large part of it being a dream aswell especially after it was shown he imagined/made up all the stuff with the neighbour girl.

But I also thought the whole “you wouldn’t get it” interjected with the image of Bruce Wayne standing over his dead parents and the fact that the doctor was much older looking than previously in the film was showing that this was years in the future and joker was laughing about the fact that he created his own rival or whatever you’d call the batman/joker dynamic.

I seriously don’t know which one to believe. Honestly the flash of the dead Wayne’s with Bruce after he’s out of the whole potential dream makes me think it all actually did happen but who the fuck knows

On 10/9/2019 at 9:07 PM, Reg said:

All the theories about the movie is a rabbit hole! 😩

17 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Reveal hidden contents

i thought the final scene might’ve indicated a large part of it being a dream aswell especially after it was shown he imagined/made up all the stuff with the neighbour girl.

But I also thought the whole “you wouldn’t get it” interjected with the image of Bruce Wayne standing over his dead parents and the fact that the doctor was much older looking than previously in the film was showing that this was years in the future and joker was laughing about the fact that he created his own rival or whatever you’d call the batman/joker dynamic.

I seriously don’t know which one to believe. Honestly the flash of the dead Wayne’s with Bruce after he’s out of the whole potential dream makes me think it all actually did happen but who the fuck knows

Right I really think I need to watch it again. Its apparent I was taking the majority of the film at face value. But these theories make complete sense to me. 

On 10/9/2019 at 5:59 PM, _Kyle_ said:

shutter island is my favorite Scorsese picture. 

Shutter Island is really amazing, I think it suffered from being overshadowed by Inception so much (going off memory here), but I liked it way more than Inception.

Definitely in my top 3 with Departed and probably Gangs of NY.  

WOWS never really pulled me in, seems like such a frat movie.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bucko said:

Right I really think I need to watch it again. Its apparent I was taking the majority of the film at face value. But these theories make complete sense to me. 

Its easy to view it as just a joker movie. I was at a dinner party tonight and some people had seen it and thought it was okay  or good. Then i started talking about these theories and then people were like oooh wow yeah that sounds right. Sounds awesome. and we had like an hour discussion about it and they all wanted to see it again. 

16 minutes ago, Reg said:

Its easy to view it as just a joker movie. I was at a dinner party tonight and some people had seen it and thought it was okay  or good. Then i started talking about these theories and then people were like oooh wow yeah that sounds right. Sounds awesome. and we had like an hour discussion about it and they all wanted to see it again. 

in regards to the whole end scene with the “oh you’d never get it” in one of the original script drafts which leaked online the joker actually says “Because it’s personal, it’s between me and him” so it seems like instead of them directly saying “me and him” in the final they included the shot of Bruce standing over his parents. Feels like it solidifies the theory that it’s actually in the future and joker has just realised who batman is and finds it funny he created batman.

https://i.ibb.co/Rpcpy4k/2-B64-ADDD-2-B71-4-BE7-9451-CBF5-F9-E8-D7-FF.png

28 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

Hide contents

in regards to the whole end scene with the “oh you’d never get it” in one of the original script drafts which leaked online the joker actually says “Because it’s personal, it’s between me and him” so it seems like instead of them directly saying “me and him” in the final they included the shot of Bruce standing over his parents. Feels like it solidifies the theory that it’s actually in the future and joker has just realised who batman is and finds it funny he created batman.

I hope he’s THE Joker. But couldnt “him” be him the joker we know? And phoenix being a guy that influenced him? So “him” not being bruce wayne. 

On 10/12/2019 at 8:26 PM, Russel Coight said:

Hide contents

I have a few drafts. It's present in each.

Joker was pretty damn good, but it completely sent me on a bit of a mental health spiral afterwards. 

In some ways I wish that film had come out years ago before the whole incel movement - not because they've latched onto the movie necessarily, but you can see the appeal of the justification from Jokers perspective - being that ostracised and being the outcast so much that nothing you do really fits with the world around you, it's relatable if you've ever been through that and it probably encourages more pity in the audience than it should considering his actions. I can see this film being attached to by troubled people and that worries me somewhat, as said movement gives their feelings more weight and tolerance. idk. 

Spoiler

How many of you saw the girlfriend not being his girlfriend thing coming off a mile away? 

10 hours ago, Speedo said:

I'm rewatching Bone Tomahawk for the 15th time, I fucking love this movie! It's probably one of my favorite movies of the last decade.

Gross dude! It's a good movie though but that scene made me hate it. One of the better modern westerns I've seen though.

3 minutes ago, YANGGANG_2020 said:

A lot of movies have been doing this lately and it really bothers me.

It was an issue with Breaking Bad if I remember correctly, wasn't it something like the writer was shocked at how sympathetic people found Walt to be and that they didn't seem to register just how dark he was becoming during it's run? I might have confused this with something else not sure. 

5 minutes ago, Kay said:

It was an issue with Breaking Bad if I remember correctly, wasn't it something like the writer was shocked at how sympathetic people found Walt to be and that they didn't seem to register just how dark he was becoming during it's run? I might have confused this with something else not sure. 

Yeah I guess it's more of an audience problem than a writer/director problem but you kind of have to spell things out for the masses sometimes and do a better job not having ppl sympathize for psychopaths or people doing wrong

1 minute ago, YANGGANG_2020 said:

Yeah I guess it's more of an audience problem than a writer/director problem but you kind of have to spell things out for the masses sometimes and do a better job not having ppl sympathize for psychopaths or people doing wrong

Yeah I think it gets muddy from a "an explanation is not an excuse" perspective. Like you show the how's and why's of why someone is the way they are to create depth and understanding but a lot of people see the why and think that makes it more justifiable as an action - it doesn't, just adds context. seems difficult to deliver that to an audience, maybe. 

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Terminator Dark Fate last week. It's a direct sequel to T2: Judgement Day, so it makes Rise of the Machines, Salvation and Genisys canon. So basically Dark Fate is the true third film of the franchise. In parts it was good. They brought back the brutality and the violence of the first two movies. But I hate how the fighting scenes are all superhero-ish. They should've kept the action scenes grounded like the first two movies. Don't like it when people are flipping 30 feet into the air or when action scenes are defying the laws of physics. And the last half an hour of it was just like watching an X-Men/Deadpool final battle. It just doesn't suit Terminator at all IMO.

That said, Arnie's character is fucking superb. It's great seeing Linda Hamilton back as Sarah Connor. She's great in it. I feel like the characters were pretty strong. The Rev-9 as the villain is as good as the villains of the first two movies IMO. It's just a shame that the action felt like it belonged in a marvel movie instead of a Terminator movie.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2019 at 5:55 PM, Nosferatu said:

Saw Terminator Dark Fate last week. It's a direct sequel to T2: Judgement Day, so it makes Rise of the Machines, Salvation and Genisys canon. So basically Dark Fate is the true third film of the franchise. In parts it was good. They brought back the brutality and the violence of the first two movies. But I hate how the fighting scenes are all superhero-ish. They should've kept the action scenes grounded like the first two movies. Don't like it when people are flipping 30 feet into the air or when action scenes are defying the laws of physics. And the last half an hour of it was just like watching an X-Men/Deadpool final battle. It just doesn't suit Terminator at all IMO.

That said, Arnie's character is fucking superb. It's great seeing Linda Hamilton back as Sarah Connor. She's great in it. I feel like the characters were pretty strong. The Rev-9 as the villain is as good as the villains of the first two movies IMO. It's just a shame that the action felt like it belonged in a marvel movie instead of a Terminator movie.

I saw it last night. It was opening night and I was literally the only person in the theater seeing it!

Nothing beats T1 and T2 but I still enjoy all the sequels, including this one. This was probably the best post-T2 movie. Not amazing but still fun to watch for sure. Loved having Linda Hamilton back, and I’ll always love seeing Arnold as the Terminator no matter how old he gets.

This is the third Terminator movie in a row that was supposed to be part 1 of a new trilogy. I wonder if this trilogy will actually happen.

I still kinda want to see a movie about John Connor in the future actually winning the war. I guess Salvation would have built up to that if that trilogy continued. Seems like an obvious choice for a sequel idea but I feel like we’ll never see that on screen.

• Like 1