What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I had never even heard of Parasite until the Oscars so I'm definitely interested in checking that out now.

You know what's crazy? Knives Out is already out on digital and it's STILL playing at my local movie theater. I saw Knives Out three months ago in the theater!

Knives Out is on my top 3 of last year, such a good movie, I'm hoping the franchise will be good.

54 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Did anyone else find Parasite kind of overrated? I liked it, but the amount of hype seems excessive to me.

i kind of got into a fight with a friend who said it was "perfect". I really liked it, but it is not objectively perfect.

Spoiler

Still don't know why they let that woman back into the house after being fired, and I wondered where did the original tutor go? Or why the son went into the shelter alone? Or how did he survive the wound? i know it's a movie, but yeah, it ain't perfect. 

• Like 1

Horse Girl (2020) (B+)

I was kind of blown away by this film and really pleasantly surprised. Really strong performance by Alison Brie and really well done in terms of tone, symbolism, sensitivity, storytelling, and just keeping you guessing. Go into it knowing nothing I say. 

On 2/13/2020 at 6:25 AM, Patient #48273 said:

Did anyone else find Parasite kind of overrated? I liked it, but the amount of hype seems excessive to me.

I believe it lives up to the hype but the whole juxtaposition, change of tone has been done before, many times, so I don't think it's that 'genius' but I like the director and the film itself

On 2/3/2020 at 3:07 PM, WolfUgly said:

If anyone is a fan of Quentin Tarantino, Once upon a time in Hollywood was a pretty decent film. But the last movie I  watched was American pie, always gonna be my favorite!

It was probably my second least favorite Quentin Tarantino film..I feel like his films have gotten a little bit too eccentric. While I loved Kill Bill, Inglorious Basterds, and Django, even those didn't feel as detached from reality as Once Upon A Time and Hate 8..  I was in it until Leo started over acting in his scenes, the Manson hippies sucked and then Brad Pitt smashing the faces against the walls just took me out of it.. that and the playboy mansion.. I don't get the love and I'm a huge QT fan. The story could have been so much more coming from him..

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Just_Jan.. said:

It was probably my second least favorite Quentin Tarantino film..I feel like his films have gotten a little bit too eccentric. While I loved Kill Bill, Inglorious Basterds, and Django, even those didn't feel as detached from reality as Once Upon A Time and Hate 8..  I was in it until Leo started over acting in his scenes, the Manson hippies sucked and then Brad Pitt smashing the faces against the walls just took me out of it.. that and the playboy mansion.. I don't get the love and I'm a huge QT fan. The story could have been so much more coming from him..

See the last 20 mins and the part where brad pitt is at the ranch were the best parts for me, apart from that i was like wtf is this? It was so slow and normal for a QT film, but i think that was his plan, for a slow burner..

I so hope he does more than one more movie. The cinema will be so shit when hes gone! :(

9 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

See the last 20 mins and the part where brad pitt is at the ranch were the best parts for me, apart from that i was like wtf is this? It was so slow and normal for a QT film, but i think that was his plan, for a slow burner..

I so hope he does more than one more movie. The cinema will be so shit when hes gone! :(

Yeah I liked it but they were both just sort of random.  The whole part of Leo being slow and normal was refreshing for once because it was him evolving as an artist, but it was like he couldn't decide what he wanted the movie to actually be.  There ended up being like no arc for any of the characters and yes the end was funny and over the top but it didn't fit the tone of the movie at all, also it was boring because the dude has no editor anymore or people telling him to cut down some of the filler. The flame thrower was great though.

I saw Parasite before it was nominated and it blew me away. I’ve been drinking the Kool-Aid on that one since day one, hahaha. I’m so happy it won Best Picture. 

Over two weekends I saw the rest of the Best Picture nominees. I loved JoJo Rabbit and thought it was heartwarming and hilarious. To my surprise I also liked Ford v Ferrari. I now understand why people like racecar driving. I enjoyed Little Women and thought it was leaps and bounds better than Lady Bird. Greta Gerwig is improving as a director.

I liked 1917, but thought it was hella Oscar-baity. I feel like Sam Mendes saw that Birdman won Best Picture and did the one-take thing and was like one take must = best picture. It just came off as gimmicky. Joker fucking sucked. And I still don’t know how I feel about Once Upon a Time in Hollywood. It meandered a lot. Quentin Tarantino’s style isn’t for me. 

I haven’t seen Marriage Story or The Irishman yet. Either of them worth watching? I do want to see Marriage Story.

• Like 1

Went to the first night of the Pee-Wee's Big Adventure 35th Anniversary Tour the other night. It was so much fun. Seeing that movie with an audience who's extremely enthusiastic about it was really fun and hilarious. Lots of laughing, cheering, and line quoting. Stuff that could be annoying under other circumstances but just made it way more fun in this specific setting. Paul Reubens came out after and told some stories about the movie and it was just an all around fun night. I was looking forward to going but I didn't realize how much I was actually going to enjoy it. It was great.