What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

• 3 weeks later...

Senna

8/10

I’ve never cared a single bit for Formula 1. But somehow I ended up watching the Senna documentary last night and it was actually pretty good. Even for someone with no interest in Formula 1, the movie offers an interesting insight into this strange and corrupt world of car racing. It paints a compelling portrait of a man obsessed with driving fast and reckless and going beyond his limits, while (apparently) being a smart guy with a strong sense of justice, fanatic, handsome, and unexpectedly philosophical, never quite fitting into the bizarre world he lived in. However, while it is no surprise that the story was built around car racing, it would have been nice to tell a bit more about the man outside of the car.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jane said:

Senna

8/10

I’ve never cared a single bit for Formula 1. But somehow I ended up watching the Senna documentary last night and it was actually pretty good. Even for someone with no interest in Formula 1, the movie offers an interesting insight into this strange and corrupt world of car racing. It paints a compelling portrait of a man obsessed with driving fast and reckless and going beyond his limits, while (apparently) being a smart guy with a strong sense of justice, fanatic, handsome, and unexpectedly philosophical, never quite fitting into the bizarre world he lived in. However, while it is no surprise that the story was built around car racing, it would have been nice to tell a bit more about the man outside of the car.

Excellent doc this. Hope you’re doing well Fee x

On 5/4/2020 at 5:20 PM, Scott. said:

Excellent doc this. Hope you’re doing well Fee x

I'm alright, bit sick of working from home after so many weeks, but oh well. What about you Scott? Hope everything's fine. ❤️

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Saw The Piano for the first time. It was very good, maybe not quite as great as I had been told it'd be, but still a solid 4/5. 

And how did Anna Paquin pull off that accent and acting at that age with no previous acting experience? No wonder she won an Oscar: