What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

On 8/16/2020 at 9:38 AM, Speedo said:

He plays the same character in everything he is in with two exceptions: Scarface where he played a Cuban version of the same character he always plays & Hunters where he played a Jewish version of the same character he always plays.

In Godfather I & II, Serpico and Dog Day Afternoon his acting was intense but soft-spoken and he the best. Then he started yelling and overacting all the time (and playing the same character over and over again), but I still love him. I think the yelling started with either Scarface or that film where he's a lawyer who has a breakdown in court.

• Like 1

On 8/16/2020 at 12:32 AM, _Bagel said:

Yeah as soon as Henry popped up I was like wtf, took me about five minutes to get back into the film. Could spot that neck anywhere😆. Yeah, diner scene lived up to the hype.  Heist was craaaazy.

Great choice, Al Pacino and John Cazale - what a pair.

My worlds collide when I saw Al Pacino throwing Henry Rollins through a glass door haha

And hearing Henry tell the story of the filming makes it even better.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Elisa said:

My worlds collide when I saw Al Pacino throwing Henry Rollins through a glass door haha

And hearing Henry tell the story of the filming makes it even better.

Listening to Henry talk is addictive - See Al was in his shouty stage by then😆

• Love 1

56 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

watched jojo rabbit last weekend and yeah, not for me. seemed to be wes anderson-lite but without any wit. seemed pointless even. 

I really enjoyed it quite a bit but I get why it's not for everyone. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, _Kyle_ said:

acting was great though. well except that one kid who sounded like his mom recited his lines to him and he was just reciting them memorized and not really "acting". but honestly he was cute and charming

The fat one? 

• 2 weeks later...

Re-watched a few movies I had only seen once before:

The New World: didn't like this much the first time I saw it, mainly because it's so obviously inferior to the Thin Red Line. I still don't think it's anything special, but I'm tempted to get the extended cut as Malick's movies tend to benefit from the extra minutes even if it consists of nothing but characters walking in tall grass and pondering profound things.

Looper: a stupid twist on the time-travel idea, but the second half of the movie is really good. Bruce Willis makes a great surprise villain.

Training Day: Denzel Washington is almost hypnotic that you nearly buy his bullshit. Hawke is great too as the polar opposite. Makes great use of its physical setting too (kinda like Falling Down or Collateral).

Caught the last hour of ‘The Sandlot’ Fucking hell I hadn’t watched it since I was a child. I was glued to it. So nostalgic. 

Nothing ever beats that first group of mates you have. Wish I could go back and relive my childhood. Kids these days don’t know they’re fucking born on their devices all the time.

• Like 5

The Police Academy movies, specifically 4th one: Citizens on Patrol. Totes forgot about David Spade being in there and that epic skateboarding scene. I had the link on the desktop, but I'm too tired to look it up again right now. But that's part of why I was up so late...trying to figure out when and where Tony Hawk was. Well, I guess he actually was Spade's stunt double for one bit. Its a really freaking awesome scene sequence, if anyone hasn't seen it already.