What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

• 4 weeks later...

Watched "Bombshell" last night. It was alright, I was more surprised about how much of it was accurate, but feel like they treaded a little lightly. Plus the Margot Robbie storyline being a composit kind of undermines it all to me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2020 at 9:08 AM, Kay said:

Watched "Bombshell" last night. It was alright, I was more surprised about how much of it was accurate, but feel like they treaded a little lightly. Plus the Margot Robbie storyline being a composit kind of undermines it all to me. 

We watched this a couple weeks ago. Madness, I think it just scratched the surface of it all. It's disgusting he got a payout $40 mil payout. Disgrace. 

6 minutes ago, Bucko said:

We watched this a couple weeks ago. Madness, I think it just scratched the surface of it all. It's disgusting he got a payout $40 mil payout. Disgrace. 

Yeah it's fucking gross but not remotely surprising. 

Watched Creep the other day - nothing special, but still unsettling and overall a good thriller. Mark Duplass plays the role really well and the handheld camera footage works well given the context of the plot. Just saw there is a sequel with Mark Duplass reprising his role, might check it out soon.

Watched Billy Madison for the 100th time the other day when I just wanted something in the background. Hadn't seen it in ~15 years or so, but it definitely holds up. The beginning starts off a bit meh, seems really immature and a stupid plot (which it is), but the movie gets better and better as it goes on. There's actually a lot more heart, charm, and overall nuance to the dialogue and acting than I originally remembered. One of the rare musicals that makes me laugh my ass off, and that speech at the end about how everyone is now dumber after hearing Billy's answer...this movie just never gets old. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Gaslit Jan said:

So they're remastering LOTR in 4K?

Apparently, it's not as good as the original film aesthetic.

Shocking.

Don't touch LOTR Peter Lucas.

Already been released. They look great. One of the best 4K remasters. It’s actually closer to the original aesthetic then the Extended Blu-ray releases. No more horrible green tint over the whole thing.

nothing is getting added like Lucas did with Star Wars. It’s all just colour correction and increased resolution.  It looks great.

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

Already been released. They look great. One of the best 4K remasters. It’s actually closer to the original aesthetic then the Extended Blu-ray releases. No more horrible green tint over the whole thing.

nothing is getting added like Lucas did with Star Wars. It’s all just colour correction and increased resolution.  It looks great.

Yeah, that looks really good.  Not sure what the article I was reading way going on about, talk about melo dramatic.

The blue ray extended easily looks the worst.

The 4K manages to still catch that grainy film look, but more detailed.

What a beautiful film.

5 minutes ago, Gaslit Jan said:

Yeah, that looks really good.  Not sure what the article I was reading way going on about, talk about melo dramatic.

The blue ray extended easily looks the worst.

The 4K manages to still catch that grainy film look, but more detailed.

What a beautiful film.

There’s a few changes in TT and ROTK that are a little different but still looks really good.

The original films were shot on film which has a higher resolution than 4K which makes doing a 4K release like this look so great since they aren’t just altering the resolution of something shot digitally or so I’ve read. I personally don’t know much about all that but people who do said that.

I pirated it but I’m seriously considering buying the box set with all the extra features that’s coming out next year. 

• Like 1

Anyone here ever get into classic musicals, like from the 1950s? I've been on a deep dive lately into Gene Kelly, Sinatra, Grace Kelly, Debbie Reynolds films. Started with Singin' in the Rain and I've found myself really enjoying them. I've ignored films like that my entire life so it's all fresh to me

• Like 2