What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

29 minutes ago, Jane said:

I just felt nothing for the characters. I expected it to be so intense and everything but it just didn't touch me at all 🤷‍♀️ No clue how Di Caprio got an Oscar for that.

I'm convinced he only won to make up for other years.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2021 at 12:14 PM, Scott. said:

1917 - wow what a fucking experience that was. Amazingly shot, great acting. Best film I’ve seen for a long time. 9/10

This was the last film I saw in the cinema when life was normal. It's outstanding. The cinematography for the opening 20 mins is out of this world

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Watched Inception a couple of days ago, can anyone explain to me why it is so celebrated?

Great cast, great director but I thought the plot was terribly formulaic and just tried to slam a whole bunch of "twists" to make it seem clever. 

I think the whole "dream in a dream in a dream in a dream" thing seemed magic to some people and the whole ambiguity at the end.

I never got why people found it complex though. The dreams three layers, not exactly difficult to grasp. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scott. said:

Are Knives out and parasite worth a watch people?

I liked Knives Out a lot, but I watched it with my sister and partner who both hated it so I genuinely don't know what to tell you haha

• Haha 1

On 1/18/2021 at 4:39 PM, JarJarBlinks said:

Watched Inception a couple of days ago, can anyone explain to me why it is so celebrated?

Great cast, great director but I thought the plot was terribly formulaic and just tried to slam a whole bunch of "twists" to make it seem clever. 

I was astonished by how bad it had aged. Seemed pretty stupid overall

• Like 2