What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

Have not seen Bone Tomahawk. Should I?

I wish they'd come out with some new Westerns from the Indian perspective.

Also, there needs to be a definitive movie about Custer's Last Stand. It's 2021, we can watch whitey take an L without getting triggered, surely...

Bone Tomahawk is a horror western with Kurt Russell, Matthew Fox, Patrick Wilson & Richard Jenkins. They try to rescue Patrick Wilson's wife from the crazy ass mutant cannibal Indians. It sounds stupid but it's good, probably one of my favorite movies. It's fun.

Yeah, there aren't a lot of movies from the Indian perspective. Although, if there were ever a time, it's now. I'd like to see the different tribes go against each other ... something like Apocalypto with Comanche or Apache would be great. Hell, if they used native folklore for horror movies set in those time frames it'd be fantastic. Unfortunately the closest you'll get to exploring Native Culture or the destruction of it is fucking Avatar or it's sequels. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I have the Lonesome Dove book somewhere but have never read it. Will have to find it. The original tv series only covers the first one right?

Yeah, I believe the TV series only covers Lonesome Dove. I know they've made tv series or films for the other books but I don't think the Lonesome Dove tv series touches on any of them.

31 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Yeah, I believe the TV series only covers Lonesome Dove. I know they've made tv series or films for the other books but I don't think the Lonesome Dove tv series touches on any of them.

I think I've seen other shitty looking Lonesome Dove series on tv.. Maybe they cover the other books

I'll check out Bone Tomahawk

I would also classify News of the World as a western. Movie out now with Tom Hanks. It was good

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I think I've seen other shitty looking Lonesome Dove series on tv.. Maybe they cover the other books

I'll check out Bone Tomahawk

I would also classify News of the World as a western. Movie out now with Tom Hanks. It was good

I'll see if I can find News of the World tonight and check it out.

3 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

Speaking of Westerns, is that Netflix movie the Ballad of whatever Scrubbs or something any good? Coen brothers usually put out good stuff.

It's alright. I wouldn't watch it again or anything but it was okay enough for a play through. If I remember correctly, it's like 4 different stories. Only one of them sucked.

• Like 1

@Ghent I saw News of the World listed on Amazon to rent for 20 bucks ... I didn't realize it was a new movie. I guess it JUST came out?

Also, have you ever read the Dark Tower Series? They're more sci-fi fantasy but they definitely have a decent western feel to them. They might be up your alley.

Ended up putting on this movie called Booksmart, I guess it's pretty much a Super Bad for a new generation. I thought it was just gonna be something for the background but it was pretty good, ended up enjoying the whole thing. I'm pretty fly still, hip to all the cool shizzle the lil' homies are into the days!

In all seriousness though, I rarely laugh out loud at anything ... movies, shows, stand-up but this movie actually had some pretty funny moments. Definitely worth a watch?

10 hours ago, Speedo said:

@Ghent I saw News of the World listed on Amazon to rent for 20 bucks ... I didn't realize it was a new movie. I guess it JUST came out?

Also, have you ever read the Dark Tower Series? They're more sci-fi fantasy but they definitely have a decent western feel to them. They might be up your alley.

Yeah it was $20 or so, I watched it on Vudu

15 minutes ago, Tom Bot said:

I watched Waterworld last night. It’s like a cheesier version of Mad Max but on water. I liked it, but the characters were pretty cliche. Great action sequences though.

you should look up some of the production drama on youtube if you have some free time.  It was a total mess.

3 hours ago, Tom Bot said:

I watched Waterworld last night. It’s like a cheesier version of Mad Max but on water. I liked it, but the characters were pretty cliche. Great action sequences though.

I have seen this film like, 100 times. Watched it loads as a kid. I loved it. Was yeeears later that I found out it was massively panned lol

• 2 weeks later...