What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

On 4/18/2021 at 9:18 AM, Nasa said:

IT Chapter 2, obscenely long for no justifiable reason and only kind of entertaining. also not scary. 5/10.

I got to the part where the giant statute starts chasing them and then I had explosive diarrhea and never finished the rest of the movie. Sounds like I didn't miss out on much. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Cavalier Jan said:

Cabin In The Woods? Anyone seen this?  It's different to say the least, I laughed extremely hard at one part, I'm not sure if it was supposed to be that funny.. I enjoyed it, wouldn't watch it twice though.

7/10

thought it was great.  I'm not the biggest "classic horror" fan so I enjoyed the major sci-fi twist.

17 minutes ago, Cavalier Jan said:

Cabin In The Woods? Anyone seen this?  It's different to say the least, I laughed extremely hard at one part, I'm not sure if it was supposed to be that funny.. I enjoyed it, wouldn't watch it twice though.

7/10

One of whedons best works in my opinion, I love it. Especially the lift scene. And the merman. 

1 hour ago, Cavalier Jan said:

The scene where he went off the jump literally floored me. Idk if that was intentional satire that scene but it worked.  

Yes it is. 

2 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I’ve been meaning to watch Cabin in the Woods forever. I always watch a bunch of horror around Halloween time and then the rest of the year I kind of forget about the genre entirely. I do like horror a lot though.

It's not really horror, it's like satire horror, you can watch it whenever I'd say. It gets a little creepy I guess.

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

8 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I’ve been meaning to watch Cabin in the Woods forever. I always watch a bunch of horror around Halloween time and then the rest of the year I kind of forget about the genre entirely. I do like horror a lot though.

I'm biased because I love most of Joss's work but Cabin In The Woods is fantastic. I'd watch it before Halloween tbh. 

21 hours ago, Cavalier Jan said:

7/10

I enjoyed it! 

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the conjuring 3, the other 2 were alot more scary,they Normally do the this was a true story spill, this one was less realistic tho which totally took me out the whole film, it was about this family being cursed and possessed by a witch.. hardly any actual scary scenes and was kinda just over the top tbh .. 6/10

On 5/23/2021 at 10:35 PM, Speedo said:

As far as I remember it was okay.

This one does indeed suck though.

TBH the Cheetah character in the trailer made me never want to watch 1984.  The first one was really good except the terrible CGI villain ending.

14 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

TBH the Cheetah character in the trailer made me never want to watch 1984.  The first one was really good except the terrible CGI villain ending.

I'm not super huge on the "80's revival" aesthetic, personally. So that was a big reason for me putting it off as long as I did and I was mostly right to do so. There really wasn't a whole lot going for it ... Gal Gadot was great as WW and even Chris Pine is enjoyable enough but the rest of the characters are awful and the story is convoluted nonsense. It makes zero fucking sense. Pedro Pascal has been great in everything I've seen him in except this, it's just over-the-top and phoned in hamming for the camera. Which, may or may not be the point but it's fucking awful to watch. Kristen Wiig was really great in Bridesmaid's, it's one of my all time favorite movies but I've hated everything else she's been in.

I don't know why I'm writing this like I'm some fucking movie reviewer. The movie sucks dick, you're right in not wasting your time.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Ghent said:

Cruella was lit 🔥

Emma Stone kills it. A weirdly refreshing movie that I didn't know I needed. Fun

This one looks interesting. I saw someone compare it to a PG version of Joker. It's too bad it's Disney because this could make for a really fun R rated film.