What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

Took a real long break in the middle of my rewatch of every Spider-man movie. Still love the Raimi trilogy. Still holds up. 3 isn't even as bad as everyone says it is. I still enjoy it and I just love getting to spend time with those versions of those characters even if that specific movie isn't as good as the previous two. (I actually think it would have been a great movie if Venom wasn't shoehorned in at the end. Basically get rid of all the Venom/symbiote stuff and it would have been really good. Sandman and Harry would have worked great as the only villains and that would have given the film more room to breathe.)

I used to think the first Amazing Spider-man was okay but I just watched it again and I pretty much hate it now lol. Only good thing is that Gwen Stacy is about 100x more likeable than Mary Jane was. Still, I really didn't like the movie. Amazing Spider-man 2 is next and that one I specifically remember thinking was garbage. It's the only Spider-man movie I only watched one time in the theater and then never again. Oh well, at least I get to move on to the Tom Holland movies after this lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Took a real long break in the middle of my rewatch of every Spider-man movie. Still love the Raimi trilogy. Still holds up. 3 isn't even as bad as everyone says it is. I still enjoy it and I just love getting to spend time with those versions of those characters even if that specific movie isn't as good as the previous two. (I actually think it would have been a great movie if Venom wasn't shoehorned in at the end. Basically get rid of all the Venom/symbiote stuff and it would have been really good. Sandman and Harry would have worked great as the only villains and that would have given the film more room to breathe.)

I used to think the first Amazing Spider-man was okay but I just watched it again and I pretty much hate it now lol. Only good thing is that Gwen Stacy is about 100x more likeable than Mary Jane was. Still, I really didn't like the movie. Amazing Spider-man 2 is next and that one I specifically remember thinking was garbage. It's the only Spider-man movie I only watched one time in the theater and then never again. Oh well, at least I get to move on to the Tom Holland movies after this lol

I thought I enjoyed the amazing Spiderman films until I re-watched the other week and they were shit. 

Tom Holland is the best Spiderman imo, by quite some distance. 

4 hours ago, Bucko said:

I thought I enjoyed the amazing Spiderman films until I re-watched the other week and they were shit. 

Tom Holland is the best Spiderman imo, by quite some distance. 

Miles Morales, into the spider verse, best spiderman and spider man film.

• Like 1

Well I feel like I’m going crazy because I just watched Amazing Spider-Man 2 and I legitimately enjoyed it. Way more than the first one. This was the only Spider-Man movie that I disliked so much that I never watched it a second time until now… and I liked it this time?? And I hated the first one? What is going on with my brain?

zoolander-will-ferrell.gif

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

Watched The Fifth Element for the first time tonight. It had all the ingredients of a movie I'd like. 90's sci-fi action. Sounds like a great time. But for some reason I just didn't really enjoy it. idk, maybe I wasn't in the right mood to watch it, but it seemed like it was going to be something I was really going to be into! Maybe I just wasn't prepared for how goofy it ended up being.

It kind of felt like the live action Super Mario Bros movie. Except that movie at least had the draw of having Mario and Luigi as the main characters lol

13 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Watched The Fifth Element for the first time tonight. It had all the ingredients of a movie I'd like. 90's sci-fi action. Sounds like a great time. But for some reason I just didn't really enjoy it. idk, maybe I wasn't in the right mood to watch it, but it seemed like it was going to be something I was really going to be into! Maybe I just wasn't prepared for how goofy it ended up being.

It kind of felt like the live action Super Mario Bros movie. Except that movie at least had the draw of having Mario and Luigi as the main characters lol

Dude. Fifth Element is epic, but partly because it’s so silly. I adore that film lol 

14 hours ago, Kay said:

Dude. Fifth Element is epic, but partly because it’s so silly. I adore that film lol 

I’ll have to give it another chance sometime when I’m not so tired (I was fighting not to fall asleep which could ruin any movie experience). It still seems like a movie I should like, so maybe I will under better circumstances.

9 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I’ll have to give it another chance sometime when I’m not so tired (I was fighting not to fall asleep which could ruin any movie experience). It still seems like a movie I should like, so maybe I will under better circumstances.

It has aged poorly but it is a silly romp if you can look past certain bits. I mostly love it for the opera singing alien scene.

• Haha 1

On 12/5/2021 at 1:59 AM, Cheerios4u98 said:

Multi-Pass!

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I think the problem was I had no idea it was a comedy. I thought it was going to be a serious sci-fi movie and I was in the mood for a serious sci-fi movie, so when I didn’t get that I didn’t enjoy it as much as I should have. It’s like when you expect the drink in your glass to be water, and you take a sip and it’s actually Sprite. Sprite is good, but not when you were expecting it to be water lol