What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

7 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

If you are even remotely a fan of the first movie or of Tom Cruise in general you gotta see it on the big screen if you can.  The flying is absolutely breathtaking.

I can't believe Hollywood made a sequel that pays homage and gives nostalgia to the fans while not being cringe and having a good story at the same time.

Did they really do a volleyball scene?

2 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Did they really do a volleyball scene?

No but yes? It was a modified version but was non-cringe and served a point.  I remember watching the trailer and thinking they just ripped off the first movie, but it doesn't do that whatsoever. 

Also Goose's son looked like an awful idea in the trailer, in the movie his character is fantastic.

13 minutes ago, Russel Coight said:

I haven’t seen the first one. Don’t know. Just doesn’t interest me.

It’s definitely a product of it’s time. Worth a watch if you get bored enough but only if you can stomach 80s cringe.

On 6/4/2022 at 7:03 PM, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

Who would have known Top Gun THE SEQUEL is one of the best movies ever?

Genuinely shocked by the reactions and hard to believe.  I like Tom Cruise the actor though.

Maybe the best sequel I've ever seen?  Besides Aliens at least.

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Maybe the best sequel I've ever seen?  Besides Aliens at least.

Godfather 2, Terminator 2 (I like the first = though), Two Towers/ROTK, Back to the Future 2, Empire Strikes Back 

It's rare. Those are literally the only good sequels that come to mind and it's been a long time since any. Excited to check it out although I never really loved the first?

2 minutes ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

Godfather 2, Terminator 2 (I like the first = though), Two Towers/ROTK, Back to the Future 2, Empire Strikes Back 

It's rare. Those are literally the only good sequels that come to mind and it's been a long time since any. Excited to check it out although I never really loved the first?

Terminator 2 yes, I didn't include LOTR or SW because I view them as trilogies telling the same story arc.  And the rest of the Terminator/Aliens franchises are jokes (even though I still enjoy them as good-bad movies)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Kay said:

The correct answer is Clerks 2

Yeah, even comedies struggle with the same issue of sequels.  Anchorman 2 was the worst follow up, depressing.  Zoolander 2 same if not worse.  Both could have been good sequels too..

Rush Hour 2 was okay? Clerks 2 definitely. 

2 hours ago, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

no-nonono.gif

Just now, JarJarBlinks said:

Everyone knew Anchorman 2 would suck the second the PG-13 rating came out.

Was the first one R?

I’ve never seen the second one. The first one was okay but a Will Ferrell comedy is the same as any other Will Ferrell comedy and so, after the first watch, I never watched it again. 

6 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Was the first one R?

I’ve never seen the second one. The first one was okay but a Will Ferrell comedy is the same as any other Will Ferrell comedy and so, after the first watch, I never watched it again. 

huh, guess not.  I must be thinking of something else.  The humor was definitely neutered.  Nvm, JARJAR is a dumb-dumb.

Just now, Here I am, chorus in a Can said:

First Zoolander and Anchorman were humorous enough. They're fun when you're in the mood for it.  The sequels were abysmal though.

If Anchorman 2 was the worst follow up, how can Zoolander 2 be the “same if not worse”?