What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

Anchorman 2 started out ok through like 20 minutes and was awful after that. Dumb and Dumber 2 was not as bad as I feared going in but still terrible. 

Super Troopers 2 is by far the best comedy sequel for any franchise I grew up with.

• Wow 1

27 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I'm a big believer in "one and done" when it comes to comedies. Right now I can't think of a comedy sequel that hit the highs of the original. 

I think the second zombieland did well even though people don’t tend to talk about it.

10 minutes ago, theedge00 said:

Absolutely! And again, super over the top! But not a lot of dancing. It’s actually just one big dance battle in the middle of the movie.

There’s a few lengthy songs as well.

You lost me at dance battle.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Comedy seems to be a really difficult genre to re-capture the magic of the original.

Well what's funny then is not so funny now. I think that's the thing about humor, it's short lived.  You go on this run with this ridiculous movie, but the jokes get old when you come back to it.

You could argue all of Will Farrell lead movies are the same, so I guess they are kind of like sequels, but the settings change.  Also why his movies aren't funny any more unless he's a guest appearance not on The Office.  I loved Old School, Wedding Crashers, Other Guys and his appearances on Eastbound and Down though.  Anchorman was good at the time but Vince Vaughn is the secret to the heart behind them or whatever director for half of those, Will Farrell is just a tool for them m

31 minutes ago, Mr Blonde said:

Is it me or are films absolutely shit now? I’m sick to death of the Marvel shit for virgins. Cinema peaked in the 90s.

I am so sick to death of Marvel and Star Wars, fucking identical shallow movies that all look the same and tell the same fucking stories. Thats more Marvel than Star Wars but that one can get in the bin too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kay said:

I am so sick to death of Marvel and Star Wars, fucking identical shallow movies that all look the same and tell the same fucking stories. Thats more Marvel than Star Wars but that one can get in the bin too.

You can dislike modern SW but it's really nothing like any of the Marvel movies.