What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

21 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Can’t tell if you already know or not  but he’s been confirmed to be making a new Star Wars movie! One disconnected from the Skywalker storyline. I’m excited for that.

Also he directed one episode of The Mandalorian and it was great.

Oh wow, I guess I heard some rumors but nothing concrete. I knew he did the Mandalorian episode that was awesome. Good news!

The SW News circuit kind of lost it newsworthiness when Rian Johnson had a movie trilogy officially lined up but went nowhere..

Hard to figure out what is worth my attention these days in rumor land.

7 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Oh wow, I guess I heard some rumors but nothing concrete. I knew he did the Mandalorian episode that was awesome. Good news!

The SW News circuit kind of lost it newsworthiness when Rian Johnson had a movie trilogy officially lined up but went nowhere..

Hard to figure out what is worth my attention these days in rumor land.

The Rian Johnson trilogy is apparently still happening but who knows when because he's currently doing his Knives Out sequels. Someone at Lucasfilm mentioned it within the past few months so it hasn't been canceled at least, but I'm guessing we won't see it for a long time. Star Wars announcements are kind of annoying right now because they keep announcing things without telling us anything about them or even release dates. There are a lot of movies in the works and the only one we actually know anything about is Rogue Squadron. And even that one we really only know the title. But I think I read somewhere that Taika's SW is going into production in 2023.

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...

Had a bit of a movie day 

The Guilty on Netflix. Decent watch this, worth watching for Gyllenhaal. He’s fucking excellent. 6/10

The Father also on Netflix. Heartbreaking film, Anthony Hopkins is incredible. What a legend. 8/10

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Speedo said:

Kill Bill is not underrated, Jan. It’s one of the most lauded films ever.

Yeah I adore it but underrated is not a word I’d use to describe it haha

It's a top 20 movie all time. I don't see people putting it in that category. More just this 'meh super cool action! Most violent movie ever at the time! Vol 2 sucked!' category. 

People still bitched about it not being Reservoir dogs/Pulp Fiction street crime type film. 

Deserves better.

So much going on in that film, it's crazy.

I’m going to catch some flak here but, as a whole, Tarantino’s movies have become overrated over time. I still enjoy most of his movies, but his fan base has become over the top with the praise.

I watched Last Night in Soho the other day. Really enjoyed it, pretty unique storyline and unpredictable ending. Edgar Wright has been pretty consistent with the quality of his movies.

42 minutes ago, Get divorced for the kids said:

I’m going to catch some flak here but, as a whole, Tarantino’s movies have become overrated over time. I still enjoy most of his movies, but his fan base has become over the top with the praise.

I watched Last Night in Soho the other day. Really enjoyed it, pretty unique storyline and unpredictable ending. Edgar Wright has been pretty consistent with the quality of his movies.

Yeah, I disagree.  I know there's a mixed bag, much like Joe Rogan followers, that just praise them death because of testosterone (aka Joe Rogan having edgelord guests, Tarantino having major violence in his films).  But there's also non-toxic peeps that love his shit, because they're just different than anything else, super layered experiences.

I really did not like Hateful Eight and Once Upon A Time in Hollywood and they still got the usual tarantino praise so I agree those are overrated, but everything else is 10/10.

Obviously, other directors go for different things (like Edgar Wright), and you go to Tarantino for something else.  I loved Hot Fuzz.

And this is exactly why I said movies like Kill Bill are underrated, because it's Tarantino, and he has a douchey Rogan-like fanbase.  But when you ignore that and watch it, they're masterpieces.  

• Like 1

Matrix 4.

Oh man!! I actually liked the whole, summoned Neo to make a video game of the Matrix was his new existence and the touch on the therapy convincing him he's crazy that relates a bit to real life people in paranoid states.. but whattt the fuck was up with this?  One of the best movies of all time, followed by some pretty bad follow-ups (general consensus), the expectations were low.  But not THAT low.  Like $5,000 budget looking action sequences and effects? It looks like Sci Fi channel original movie effects, SHARKNADO had better special effects than MATRIX 4.  The franchise known for special effects?  Crazy times.

I actually bought into it first half and was going to tell the haters to just appreciate a new 'spin off' matrix film with Keanue Reeves still in it, but man it got pretty bad by the end was just not having the cheaply done everything.  

On 8/12/2022 at 10:13 AM, Ghent said:

The 7th Voyage of Sinbad (1958)

10/10

I forgot I’ve been wanting to watch this. I’ve been on an old movie kick lately. Especially old movies with impressive special effects for the time. I just watched the original King Kong a few weeks ago and thought it was really fun.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2022 at 1:48 AM, _Kyle_ said:

saw the black phone and outside of one thing, I really liked it. it was basically that one specific thing that I just wish wasn’t in there. would have been scarier imo 

What was that? Was a very refreshing movie, the first time i have been the cinema for years

4 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

What was that? Was a very refreshing movie, the first time i have been the cinema for years

Spoiler

Not show the kids thar were already killed in ghost form. While the actors were great, the idea of not knowing anything or if it’s really what happened is more haunting to me. Im betting they needed it to be “scarier” so they had to feature each dead kid otherwise it’s just him in a room taking on a phone.