What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

I watched The Thing, Scream, and Little Shop of Horrors this past month. I liked The Thing a lot. I liked Scream too, but it scared me a lot...I recognize it's a well-made movie, but emotionally, it wasn't for me haha. Little Shop of Horrors was fun.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Watched the original Nightmare on Elm Street last night for the first time in years. Still one of my favorite horror movies. I love some good cheesy 80s horror and Elm Street is easily the most fun of them all. Even most of the sequels are pretty good which is rare. Might have to go through the series again.

My husband wanted to watch this recently & I was like, “dude, if I’m in the house…NO.” He knows though. 🤣 I was shown this movie when I was 4 (thanks to older cousins & an ex-uncle who was too busy with his own BS to pay attention )….I still don’t fuck with Freddy. 😩 No other scary movies are off limits…but after a decade of nightmares, I’m now 2 decades nightmare free & im not willing to invite them back. Not chancing it. 🙃

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was up late with my girl last night because she’s not well and ended up watching War of the worlds. Seen it before but it was better than I remembered, the CGI is excellent for a 16 year old movie I couldn’t believe how good it looked. The last 20 mins is a bit shit though 

• Like 1

On 10/31/2022 at 10:07 AM, heater said:

My husband wanted to watch this recently & I was like, “dude, if I’m in the house…NO.” He knows though. 🤣 I was shown this movie when I was 4 (thanks to older cousins & an ex-uncle who was too busy with his own BS to pay attention )….I still don’t fuck with Freddy. 😩 No other scary movies are off limits…but after a decade of nightmares, I’m now 2 decades nightmare free & im not willing to invite them back. Not chancing it. 🙃

I can't fuck with Freddy either. The scene where his arms are all stretched wide traumatized me for some reason.

On 11/6/2022 at 1:59 PM, Scott. said:

Barbarian. Great this is, just go into it knowing nothing, Justin Long is very good and funny and it’s the best Horror I’ve seen for years. 8/10

On 11/6/2022 at 3:19 PM, allsystemsgo said:

Justin Long is the Scream King.

Seen Tusk?

7 hours ago, Scott. said:

12 Angry Men. Glued to the tv. Amazing acting. Great film and can see why it’s considered one of the best ever. 

Such a great film.  True classic that never gets dated because the story and acting are the focus and none else even matters.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

@Alphans United_Jan Jan have you seen Bullet Train?  I watched it Saturday and was blown away by how much fun it was.  It reminded me of a Tarantino movie.

I've wanted to see it. Love tongue in cheek Pitt movies.  Just haven't gotten around to it yet seen a lot of specials on it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alphans United_Jan said:

I've wanted to see it. Love tongue in cheek Pitt movies.  Just haven't gotten around to it yet seen a lot of specials on it.

It’s pretty good, ending gets a little meh but it feels a bit like a Guy Ritchie movie and that’s always fun.

12 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

seems like they were way too clever setting all of it up and they just couldn't match it at the end.

Yeah, I felt the same. I wonder if that was the original ending or if they changed it at some point. It felt off from the rest of the film.

4 hours ago, Speedo said:

It’s pretty good, ending gets a little meh but it feels a bit like a Guy Ritchie movie and that’s always fun.

It definitely looks like a Guy Ritchie type film.  I'm gonna definitely check it out next movie/show free time - I have an odd innate desire to see every Brad Pitt movie.  I know he's a mediocre actor to some, but I think he's pretty iconic for our generation and not as bad as they tried to make him out to be.  Always sold me on his parts - Seven, 12 Monkeys, True Romance, River Runs Through It, OCEANS, Big Short, Moneyball, Burn After Reading (favorite movie), Troy, Snatch, Interview Vampire, Kalifornia, Thelma & Louise.

He's got a killer catalogue.  Ironically, the only movie I felt taken out of by him was Inglorious Basterds, but it was so funny/good I didn't care.  Fight Club didn't age that great either.

I know no one asked.