What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

5 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Wow! I'm ready and I don't even know anything about this movie, just that it's the Coen Bros and I'm a big fan of their dark comedy stuff - Fargo is my favorite of theirs - I hope this is a good one too! And I promise I will also watch Big Short.

I keep reading on Twitter that Brad Pitt maybe gives one of his best performances in Babylon, the movie that came out in the US last week, and I'm really curious to watch that one as well when it comes out here. 

I think you'll like it then.  Personally, Brad Pitt in this is hilarious. You'll see.  As is Clooney.  It's very Coen esque, but I won't overhype it anymore.

Most people like Fargo better, but BAR is my favorite Coen movie.  Underrated if you will.  Not knowing anything about it is good.

11 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

I just watched the second one and I totally agree. Great movie, but not quite on the same level as the first.

Same. But I need a dozen more Benoit Blanc mysteries, I adore him haha

13 hours ago, Level 3 Alpha-Jan said:

I think you'll like it then.  Personally, Brad Pitt in this is hilarious. You'll see.  As is Clooney.  It's very Coen esque, but I won't overhype it anymore.

Most people like Fargo better, but BAR is my favorite Coen movie.  Underrated if you will.  Not knowing anything about it is good.

I absolutely loved it! What a mess haha Brad Pitt is fantastic here! Brad and Clooney are always seen as serious actors, but they hold and show so much potential for comedy. 

Brad is amazing in all the comedy roles he has taken (this one, Inglorious, Oceans, even Once Upon A Time, he was the best part of that film).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Speedo said:

I really enjoyed knives out … glass onion was just sort of meh. Also, I don’t like Edward Norton … I don’t know why.

Because he's Edward Norton?  He's a good actor, but he always feels like the same guy 

I'm gonna say it, Knives Out is a bit overrated. 

It's definitely a fun decent film, but I don't get all the hype. It's very very basic murder mystery with little suspense.

Just saw the trailer for ‘You People,” & it looks gooood. Out on Netflix later this month. Has Lauren London, Jonah Hill, Nia Long, Julia Louis Dreyfus, Eddie Murphy..….Kenya Barris is directing. Should be hilarious & uncomfortable & probably pretty relatable for my entire family. 

Watched Resident Evil Raccoon City because it was my friends choice for movie night.

according to him it was widely panned by fans of the RE franchise.

I never played the games and honestly? I thought it was alright 😂 like, a solid 6.5/10 didn’t do anything amazing but was entertaining tbf. 

11 minutes ago, Worst poster here said:

Some great movies just came out on streaming services. I’m going to watch the Menu with the missus tonight and then the Northman soon as well

Northman was great, enjoyed the hell out of it. Interested to hear what you think of it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Scott. said:

Just watched Glass Onion. Thought it was great. Not as good as the first but good fun. It was worth watching just for Janelle Monae, my god she’s fucking gorgeous. She was so beautiful it was distracting. 

I need to watch it but my wife hated the first one so I need a chance when she’s out of the damn house. 

1 hour ago, Kay said:

I need to watch it but my wife hated the first one so I need a chance when she’s out of the damn house. 

Yeah it really divides opinion. I love films like this. Second is great fun. I think it was more comical than the first. 

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Yeah it really divides opinion. I love films like this. Second is great fun. I think it was more comical than the first. 

Yeah I loved the first one but watched it with my wife and my sister who both hated it and slated it the entire time haha

I need to watch Glass Onion. I loved Knives Out. I loved The Last Jedi. The Fly episode of Breaking Bad is very weirdly one of the only episodes of that show I've ever seen (not because he directed it, I didn't even know that at the time). So I'm now pretty confident that I'll enjoy most anything he does.

• Like 2

Caved for the Glass Onion.

It was okay, I think I liked Knives Out better. Better setting.  Normally I love Edward Norton, but he seemed a little bored in this.  

The thing about Rian Johnson is I think he tries too hard. Like 'we get it', pop culture, modern-day references, Instagram! Masks! Covid! Among Us game! (I liked that bit though).

Just gets a bit distracting and makes me think he's thinks he's so innovative.