What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

I agree with everyone here, if the first Knives Out was an 8/10 then Glass Onion is like 7/10. Enjoyable movie that had some warts.

I just watched the Menu last night. Maybe I’m just burnt out on this type of story/commentary on classism and shitty rich people (White Lotus), but I wasn’t a huge fan of this movie. It was very different and had a great cast, but the whole thing was a bit over the top and the storyline didn’t really do much for me. Love Anya Taylor-Joy though ❤️

On 1/8/2023 at 10:56 AM, JarJarBlinks said:

I absolutely loved it, wife was bored within 20 minutes and left lol.

I had the same experience. Wife didn’t like it, felt it was too long and slow. 

It was beautifully shot and I really enjoyed it. The storyline was ehh but enjoyable enough. The way the movie was shot really reminded me of the Green Knight, which was probably the most underrated movie I’ve seen in recent memory. 

8 minutes ago, Worst poster here said:

I had the same experience. Wife didn’t like it, felt it was too long and slow. 

It was beautifully shot and I really enjoyed it. The storyline was ehh but enjoyable enough. The way the movie was shot really reminded me of the Green Knight, which was probably the most underrated movie I’ve seen in recent memory. 

I also feel like having some kind of background knowledge of Norse mythology helps too.  I think she checked out the second the mysticism started really coming on hard lol.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

@Elisa Holy Shit. Have you ever seen Cop Land? Has everyone from this thing of ours in it. On top of that; Harvey Keitel, Ray Liotta and De Niro. Cant believe I slept on this for so long, think you'd rate it (if you haven't already seen it!)

• Love 1

34 minutes ago, _Bagel said:

@Elisa Holy Shit. Have you ever seen Cop Land? Has everyone from this thing of ours in it. On top of that; Harvey Keitel, Ray Liotta and De Niro. Cant believe I slept on this for so long, think you'd rate it (if you haven't already seen it!)

Ooof madonna! I watched it in 2018 or 2019 and I absolutely loved it! It became an immediate favourite. Ray Liotta was incredible in Cop Land, I think it's his most underrated role. He was just completely locked in the zone in every scene and the film was loaded with all our people from top to bottom.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Elisa said:

Ooof madonna! I watched it in 2018 or 2019 and I absolutely loved it! It became an immediate favourite. Ray Liotta was incredible in Cop Land, I think it's his most underrated role. He was just completely locked in the zone in every scene and the film was loaded with all our people from top to bottom.

I'm with you there. Big Ray had some serious chops - God I miss him. These kind of films are perfection, just need to throw Pesci in there for good measure. I'm not ready for all this old guard to leave. God bless our people

Just marathoned all of the Rocky movies over the past couple weeks. I’ve seen them all before, but what a great series. I give zero fucks about boxing but Rocky is such a likable character that it doesn’t even matter. Also, this has to be one of the only long-running movie franchises I can think of where the modern movies are consistently some of the best ones. Rocky Balboa and Creed 2 are genuinely my favorites of the whole series. The first Creed was great too. Good stuff. Can’t wait for Creed 3.

• Love 1

5 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Just marathoned all of the Rocky movies over the past couple weeks. I’ve seen them all before, but what a great series. I give zero fucks about boxing but Rocky is such a likable character that it doesn’t even matter. Also, this has to be one of the only long-running movie franchises I can think of where the modern movies are consistently some of the best ones. Rocky Balboa and Creed 2 are genuinely my favorites of the whole series. The first Creed was great too. Good stuff. Can’t wait for Creed 3.

I’m due for a rewatch. I’ve only seen the originals and not the newer ones, might have to go through them all now lol. 

• Love 1