What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

On 5/10/2023 at 6:46 PM, thongrider said:

Seen three movies this week. German movie Victoria, Stromboli and Your Place or Mine. Very different films, but i enjoyed them all.

If you enjoyed Stromboli, I think you should also watch Bicycle Thieves. It's even better. I'm sure it's on youtube with English subtitles. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched The Terminator last night and Terminator 2 tonight. Still two perfect movies, imo. Wouldn't change anything. One's a great monster/horror movie and one's a perfect '90s action movie.

I'm one of the few who actually likes all the other Terminator sequels too, but none of them come close to being as good as the first two. Dark Fate is probably the best of the new ones. Still doesn't measure up to the originals, but it comes the closest I think.

• Love 1

Watched Terminator 3 tonight. I guess I'll probably just go through the whole series again at this point.

Big drop off from T1 and T2. But the ending is one of my favorite scenes in the entire franchise. Wish the rest of the movie didn't just feel like a worse version of T2 though. Good cast all around but something about this movie almost feels like a parody of the Terminator franchise. If the first two movies are perfect A+ movies, this was maybe a C-.

On 6/1/2023 at 12:17 AM, Cheerios4u98 said:

Watched The Terminator last night and Terminator 2 tonight. Still two perfect movies, imo. Wouldn't change anything. One's a great monster/horror movie and one's a perfect '90s action movie.

I'm one of the few who actually likes all the other Terminator sequels too, but none of them come close to being as good as the first two. Dark Fate is probably the best of the new ones. Still doesn't measure up to the originals, but it comes the closest I think.

funny how well T1/T2 mirror Alien/Aliens lol.  Just amazing movies that both created genres and pushed forward groundbreaking special effects.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JarJarBlinks said:

funny how well T1/T2 mirror Alien/Aliens lol.  Just amazing movies that both created genres and pushed forward groundbreaking special effects.

The whole series even. Starts with a great horror movie, the second movie is an amazing action movie sequel, then the third and fourth movies are a huge step down, and then the more modern ones are pretty good (imo) but still don’t come close to the highs of the first two movies.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

The whole series even. Starts with a great horror movie, the second movie is an amazing action movie sequel, then the third and fourth movies are a huge step down, and then the more modern ones are pretty good (imo) but still don’t come close to the highs of the first two movies.

I absolutely love Prometheus and Covenant.  Honestly the Alien franchise is pretty stellar on varying levels (I’m not including AVP which is still fun but bad lol).

I used to hate Alien 3 but it’s grown on me as I’ve rewatched it a couple of times.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I absolutely love Prometheus and Covenant.  Honestly the Alien franchise is pretty stellar on varying levels (I’m not including AVP which is still fun but bad lol).

I used to hate Alien 3 but it’s grown on me as I’ve rewatched it a couple of times.

I don’t get the hate for Prometheus and Covenant. I think they’re both great. I hope we get another one because Covenant ended on a cliffhanger.

I haven’t seen Alien 3 or 4 in a long time. I need to give them another shot. I remember 4 being my least favorite.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2023 at 11:25 PM, Matt. said:

Three Amigos tonight, love this film.

This is quoted in our house, very often…one of my husband’s favorite from childhood. I hadn’t seen it til I met him, now I’ve seen it a ton. 🤣

Went to see The Little Mermaid yesterday. It was gorgeous, we LOVED it. One kid has been so excited & dressed up as Ariel, other kid was up & dancing to all the Sebastian songs. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LizzosChrisCrocker said:

This is quoted in our house, very often…one of my husband’s favorite from childhood. I hadn’t seen it til I met him, now I’ve seen it a ton. 🤣

Went to see The Little Mermaid yesterday. It was gorgeous, we LOVED it. One kid has been so excited & dressed up as Ariel, other kid was up & dancing to all the Sebastian songs. 

three-amigos-3amigos.gif

• Like 1
  • Love 1