Scott.

What's The Last Movie You Watched?

the worst case of "the book was so much better" I've seen lately is Ready Player One. but I've seen trailers for the 'series' they're basing on The Passage trilogy of books and that looks worse than literally anything ever made. 

1 minute ago, Kay said:

the worst case of "the book was so much better" I've seen lately is Ready Player One. but I've seen trailers for the 'series' they're basing on The Passage trilogy of books and that looks worse than literally anything ever made. 

That movie sucked big donkey balls! I haven't read the book ... not really my reading style.

6 minutes ago, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

That movie sucked big donkey balls! I haven't read the book ... not really my reading style.

I loved the book. the film was not the book. I've seen a few people defend the film saying it's "close enough" but no, not at all. it completely bungled characters, created new ones, completely rewrote most of the major parts of the book. I *adored* the book. I'm not going to pretend the book was brilliant but I adored it. I couldn't put it down and it meant a lot to me at the time, so when I saw the trailers for the film I was like "eeeehhhhh" because I wasn't sold but the missus wanted to see it. She liked the film. I was spitting fucking feathers when we left the cinema lol 

• Like 1

Yeah they really screwed up the film and left out a lot of important stuff from the book. One thing that annoyed me about the book was the Sixer bad guys, they were not really believable and it was just dumb. 
I heard the author is writing a sequel, which is totally uncalled for and unnecessary. Talk about cashing in. 

1 hour ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Yeah they really screwed up the film and left out a lot of important stuff from the book. One thing that annoyed me about the book was the Sixer bad guys, they were not really believable and it was just dumb. 
I heard the author is writing a sequel, which is totally uncalled for and unnecessary. Talk about cashing in. 

yeah wtf would the sequel even be about. 

he wrote a different book "armada" that is... so similar in some ways lol, I enjoyed it though. it's more of an easier read.

• Like 1

Been stopping and starting Aquaman two times. It sucks. Cant get myself to finish it. How the hell does it get good reviews? He’s a bad actor, the aqua-atlanteans are cringy and they’re riding sharks and huge seahorses? Hahaha

1 minute ago, Regi. said:

Been stopping and starting Aquaman two times. It sucks. Cant get myself to finish it. How the hell does it get good reviews? He’s a bad actor, the aqua-atlantians are cringy and they’re riding sharks and huge seahorses? Hahaha

I want to ride a huge seahorse.

Just now, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

I want to ride a huge seahorse.

Its a stupid movie! 

Cashing in on making everything look really awesome. Wow glowing jellyfish! And the CGI is bad. 

2 minutes ago, Regi. said:

Its a stupid movie! 

Cashing in on making everything look really awesome. Wow glowing jellyfish! And the CGI is bad. 

I've no desire to see it ... the last super hero movie I'm gonna watch is Avengers End Game and then I'm done.

8 minutes ago, Regi. said:

Been stopping and starting Aquaman two times. It sucks. Cant get myself to finish it. How the hell does it get good reviews? He’s a bad actor, the aqua-atlanteans are cringy and they’re riding sharks and huge seahorses? Hahaha

have fun every once in awhile.  

Aquaman was all about the cheese and the over-the-top action sequences. It's not a movie that takes itself seriously at all. When they kept referring to the "ocean master" I laughed my ass off in the theatre based on how dumb it sounded. I still enjoyed it for what it was though; a mindless blockbuster action movie with terrible dialogue. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Aquaman was all about the cheese and the over-the-top action sequences. It's not a movie that takes itself seriously at all. When they kept referring to the "ocean master" I laughed my ass off in the theatre based on how dumb it sounded. I still enjoyed it for what it was though; a mindless blockbuster action movie with terrible dialogue. 

Nailed it. 

I stopped watching the marvel stuff because I'm sick to death of them, haven't seen anything from civil war onwards except spiderman homecoming. The only DC one's I've sat through are Man Of Steel and Wonderwoman and they both sucked ass. I love comic books but I can't wait for the era of superhero movies to be fucking done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kay said:

I stopped watching the marvel stuff because I'm sick to death of them, haven't seen anything from civil war onwards except spiderman homecoming. The only DC one's I've sat through are Man Of Steel and Wonderwoman and they both sucked ass. I love comic books but I can't wait for the era of superhero movies to be fucking done.

Wonder female did suck ass! Thanks for saying that! Black Panther sucked ass too, fuck them both.

1 minute ago, Margie Whipple's Rage said:

Wonder female did suck ass! Thanks for saying that! Black Panther sucked ass too, fuck them both.

I've discussed here before how much I fucking hated WW. Genuinely made me angry. 

9 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I just watched Abducted in Plain Sight on Netflix and I just have to say...

what the FUCK.

Its was a hell of a situation 

Spider-man and batman are the only 2 super heroes I’ve ever bothered with. Sod the rest, too many to keep up with.