What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

4 hours ago, _Kyle_ said:

The Dark Tower (2017)

(C)

Felt like a movie for 12 year olds. In that context, I can see it having it's appeal and understand some of the direction they went in. Not so sure if that was the intended audience, but it felt like the movie had been gutted of what made TDT series so interesting.

My dad is a MASSIVE Dark Tower/King fan in general and this movie has been making him anxious ever since the trailer came out.  I'm sure I'll enjoy it for an adventure/action movie but I have a feeling he is going to be pissed. 

8 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

My dad is a MASSIVE Dark Tower/King fan in general and this movie has been making him anxious ever since the trailer came out.  I'm sure I'll enjoy it for an adventure/action movie but I have a feeling he is going to be pissed. 

I've read half of the first one and it felt nothing like that at all....

I just saw The Dark Tower....and man I really enjoyed it.  I haven't read the books, my dad even enjoyed it but did say it wasn't anything like the original story.  

It wasn't ground breaking or anything, but it was a lot better than a bunch of movies lately (looking at you Transformers.....) and I don't think it deserves to tank so bad.  Love me some Idris Elba. 

Just watched the old Tim Curry IT movie in preparation for the new one. I had seen parts of it before but never the whole thing. Honestly, I thought it was pretty bad. Still entertaining though. Tim Curry had me cracking up at parts. The new one doesn't look like it will be funny at all, which I think I'm okay with. I'm ready for a scarier interpretation of this story.

I don't consider the new one a remake since the original was a super low-budget TV special and not really an actual feature film.

Also I didn't know this until recently but the new movie is actually just part 1 of 2. Part 1 is all the scenes in the past when the main characters are kids. Part 2 is when they are adults with a few more flashbacks to when they were kids. I kind of like this idea just so they can fit more of the story in. Makes sense to split a 1000+ page book into multiple films. Unlike the Hobbit where they stretched 300ish pages into three super long gosh damn movies.

8 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Just watched the old Tim Curry IT movie in preparation for the new one. I had seen parts of it before but never the whole thing. Honestly, I thought it was pretty bad. Still entertaining though. Tim Curry had me cracking up at parts. The new one doesn't look like it will be funny at all, which I think I'm okay with. I'm ready for a scarier interpretation of this story.

I don't consider the new one a remake since the original was a super low-budget TV special and not really an actual feature film.

Also I didn't know this until recently but the new movie is actually just part 1 of 2. Part 1 is all the scenes in the past when the main characters are kids. Part 2 is when they are adults with a few more flashbacks to when they were kids. I kind of like this idea just so they can fit more of the story in. Makes sense to split a 1000+ page book into multiple films. Unlike the Hobbit where they stretched 300ish pages into three super long gosh damn movies.

Did you not read the book?

Saw Guardians of the Galaxy 2. Pretty meh. Looked stunning, but jokes felt forced and stupid, like "ok. We need an obvious silly joke regularly every 20 mins and let Drax laugh silly at stupid shit. That'll give us a few giggles". 

But i liked how the plot turned out. Its a 6-7 kind of movie for me. 

Annabelle: Creation (2017)

B

Liked it a lot, but had a problem with people talking during it. Kind of ruins the scary factor if people keeping yelling for the little girls to run away every 5 seconds.

On 8/4/2017 at 0:45 PM, Nasa said:

The book is one of my favorites so I'm REALLY looking forward to this movie. I want it to be good. I care about the book a lot!

I haven't seen the original in full, just clips.

Pennywise doesn't look scary in this remake though.

I'm confused by the fact that it's one of your favorite books, you're very excited about the movie, but have not bothered to see the OG. It's right there!

12 minutes ago, ungroovy said:

I'm confused by the fact that it's one of your favorite books, you're very excited about the movie, but have not bothered to see the OG. It's right there!

Guess I'm a poser then. >:D

40 minutes ago, knapton said:

I watched the Founder last night.  Good movie.  Interesting to see how they do the whole real estate thing.  Man was that guy a dick though.

I watched super size me last night. Man things were fucked up and still are. Im gonna stop bitching about vegan lifestyle and little kids too worried about what they eat. So much better than the shit that was (is) happening in that movie.