What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

6 hours ago, Kay said:

I thought it was 6 million?

I want to see The Disaster Artist, but I'm not sure. I've read some reviews that point out how bad Franco is at directing - like his portrayal of Tommy Wiseau is great, but the actual directing is a bit pants. On top of that there's some key reasons that The Room is as hysterical as it is that don't seem to be addressed in The Disaster Artist at all, like the obvious 'dubbing' they seem to 'act' the scenes in the Disaster Artist as is, depsite the fact a lot of it is clearly and badly dubbed. weird thing to not address. 

I want to see it though, The Room is hysterical and Tommy Wiseau is mildly terrifying. 

Plus, you know, You're tearing me apart Lisa! 

Yes 6 mil sorry, either way, that's insane and hilarious stuff to me how it's a mystery.

There's fun conspiracies around that as well.

Yeah dubbing and firing the crew 4 times wasn't touched on, which should have, but movies always miss pieces of books.

It's a adventure comedy, so directing I didn't put much thought into, but I feel like you may not like it if you do. I would still see it, for it being something unique to watch for once and doesn't take anything away from the Room.  It was still funny and fun.  Franco walking around naked treating his crew like shit is hilarious to me, just not as hilarious as imagining Tommy actually did that.

The book is probably the best.

So while all you folks were off watching Star Wars, I saw 3 Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri. I can see how it's being compared to Crash from 2005 (Brokeback should've won the Oscar that year but instead a white guy making a  manipulative statement on LA racial diversity gets the win). However 3 Billboards is not a "race" movie like some of the detractors/reviews are saying so to focus on Sam Rockwell's racist character isn't really the point, it's more like a character flourish. Had Frances Mcdormand's character been black, then the movie would've been hitting the race issue harder but then it would've been another A Time to Kill.

Anyways I think McDonagh is a good writer. However kinda like Tarantino, I'm thinking he's in love with the N word but at least his last 2 movies had characters who had black wives. I think his movies ultimately scratch at society and race themes but never dig deeper outside a few funny/ironic conversational scenes and now the reviewers/critics are catching on. It's a very well acted and directed movie with very humane scenes, it's just a shame that a few story decisions prevent it from being great.

For McDonagh's filmography I gotta go In Bruges > 3 Billboards > 7 Psychopaths, though 7 Psychopaths is the easiest to watch.

1 minute ago, _Kyle_ said:

Just because people can ironically like Death Wish 3, doesn't mean people who like b-movies are smart. Just sayin

People who use pop culture as some sort of exposé of their intelligence are usually the dumbest among us.

• Like 1

Love b-movies. Love most horror/sci-fi.

Watched Life. In some ways it was more of an Alien movie than Covenant was. Really enjoyed myself but I had low expectations and only got it to complete my Jake Gyllenhaal collection. Whereas on the flip side I had high expectations for Covenant which was idiotic because I got burned by Prometheus.

Anyone watch Bright. I enjoyed it. I didnt know it was rated so badly until after i watched it. Im happy i didnt go into it with any bad expectations. It definitely left out a lot of back story though so hopefully they talk about that in the next one.