Jump to content
 
Scott.

What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Recommended Posts

I was home this afternoon and I watched The Irishman, it's a masterpiece. Don't expect another Goodfellas or Casino, it's been stated several times that this is a completely different type of crime film but I think it is one of the best stories put to film in years. Al Pacino and Pesci were phenomenal, De Niro was great as well and everyone else is as good as you'd expect. Truly seamless the 3.5 hour runtime is heavily felt but totally worth it. I might have to watch it again soon though. For now it's a 10/10. 

  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elisa said:

I was home this afternoon and I watched The Irishman, it's a masterpiece. Don't expect another Goodfellas or Casino, it's been stated several times that this is a completely different type of crime film but I think it is one of the best stories put to film in years. Al Pacino and Pesci were phenomenal, De Niro was great as well and everyone else is as good as you'd expect. Truly seamless the 3.5 hour runtime is heavily felt but totally worth it. I might have to watch it again soon though. For now it's a 10/10. 

So excited! Would you rank it best of year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Elisa said:

I was home this afternoon and I watched The Irishman, it's a masterpiece. Don't expect another Goodfellas or Casino, it's been stated several times that this is a completely different type of crime film but I think it is one of the best stories put to film in years. Al Pacino and Pesci were phenomenal, De Niro was great as well and everyone else is as good as you'd expect. Truly seamless the 3.5 hour runtime is heavily felt but totally worth it. I might have to watch it again soon though. For now it's a 10/10. 

Is it a one off film or are they linked to goodfellas etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Is it a one off film or are they linked to goodfellas etc

It's a one off film, it has nothing to do with the other two. It's very long, but it's worth it. 

33 minutes ago, FighterOfGravity said:

So excited! Would you rank it best of year?

I think so. I heard great things about Parasite and Marriage Story, and I haven't seen them yet, but out of the 3 films I was really looking forward to seeing this year - Irishman, Joker and Once Upon A Time In Hollywood - I think this is the most poignant. It starts out as classic Scorsese but it gets darker and also reflects on the traumatic impact of the glamorous gangster lifestyle and on aging, regret, and death, which is something Scorsese never really fully explored. It honestly exceeded my expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Elisa said:

It's a one off film, it has nothing to do with the other two. It's very long, but it's worth it. 

I think so. I heard great things about Parasite and Marriage Story, and I haven't seen them yet, but out of the 3 films I was really looking forward to seeing this year - Irishman, Joker and Once Upon A Time In Hollywood - I think this is the most poignant. It starts out as classic Scorsese but it gets darker and also reflects on the traumatic impact of the glamorous gangster lifestyle and on aging, regret, and death, which is something Scorsese never really fully explored. It honestly exceeded my expectations.

I've heard really good things and I've been on a Scorsese phase for a while now so I'm beyond excited.  I also love Al Pacino who looked great based off the trailers.

I thought Once Upon A Time and Joker were good but not as great as they're hyped and Tarantino is my favorite filmmaker probably.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, FighterOfGravity said:

I've heard really good things and I've been on a Scorsese phase for a while now so I'm beyond excited.  I also love Al Pacino who looked great based off the trailers.

I thought Once Upon A Time and Joker were good but not as great as they're hyped and Tarantino is my favorite filmmaker probably.

I finally saw Once Upon a Time, I enjoyed it but it wasn't super linear. It kind of had no real plot but it was alright. I didn't find that chick getting her face caved in all that graphic. It was kind of over the top and funny in a way only Tarantino could pull off. It was still a fun watch though, even if pointless but definitely not as good as Hateful 8.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Speedo said:

I finally saw Once Upon a Time, I enjoyed it but it wasn't super linear. It kind of had no real plot but it was alright. I didn't find that chick getting her face caved in all that graphic. It was kind of over the top and funny in a way only Tarantino could pull off. It was still a fun watch though, even if pointless but definitely not as good as Hateful 8.

That's kind of how I feel. Most Tarantino movies have me shook up with the crazy storyline, Hollywood had like none, was just slow meandering around with some cool scenes. How do you have Leo and Brad Pitt and not do a great story?

I wasn't opposed to the violence it's more just the fireplace section that got me, and the sound effects, fuck, and I normally can handle a lot. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw Knives Out today and loved it. Only saw it because the movie my group was planning on seeing was sold out and we still wanted to watch something. Kind of like a modern day Clue but different enough to stay interesting the entire time. Def recommended.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Elisa said:

I was home this afternoon and I watched The Irishman, it's a masterpiece. Don't expect another Goodfellas or Casino, it's been stated several times that this is a completely different type of crime film but I think it is one of the best stories put to film in years. Al Pacino and Pesci were phenomenal, De Niro was great as well and everyone else is as good as you'd expect. Truly seamless the 3.5 hour runtime is heavily felt but totally worth it. I might have to watch it again soon though. For now it's a 10/10. 

3.5 hours?? Fuck that. Who’s got time for that? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Scott. said:

3.5 hours?? Fuck that. Who’s got time for that? 

You? 🤣

I'll watch it at some point, might do it in a couple of sittings though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ...Dan... said:

You? 🤣

I'll watch it at some point, might do it in a couple of sittings though. 

😂 I actually do yes but I’d rather be doing something else. That way to long I don’t care if it’s incredible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Scott. said:

😂 I actually do yes but I’d rather be doing something else. That way to long I don’t care if it’s incredible 

To be honest I do agree with you, I don't think a film should ever be longer than 2 and a half hours, there are obvious exceptions though I guess...like Titanic...(fuck you all, it's a great film)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just caught the last half of Cast Away. Man what an underrated film. It’s fucking fantastic. Tom Hanks is brilliant and Helen Hunt looks great. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched American Son last night & sobbed myself to sleep afterwards. Ughhhhh, idk why I did that to myself, I knew exactly what it was going to be about. Kerry Washington was amazing as always, but it was utterly heartbreaking & will ruin your whole mood. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...