Scott.

What's The Last Movie You Watched?

1 hour ago, heater said:

Classic. Favorite movie in high school & still so good to this day. 

Yes it was & I was so excited to see it was directed by Olivia Wilde too, I’ve always loved her. 

me too, I have always loved Olivia Wilde, I'm looking forward to seeing what she does next! 

• Love 1

7 hours ago, Elisa said:

I finally watched Booksmart and it was sooo good. I love that it was Olivia Wilde who directed it, she's the best!  

That movie was really good ! reminded me a lot of Superbad.

Definitely up their in the best teen movies of the 10s for sure 😃 

• Like 3

I finished all 6 of the Tremors movie, they were fantastically awful, I enjoyed them very much. Last night I watched They Shall Not Grow Old but I was a bit disappointed as I didn't feel it was long enough and could have gone more in depth with other aspects of the war. 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 4:16 PM, Thibaut182 said:

That movie was really good ! reminded me a lot of Superbad.

Definitely up their in the best teen movies of the 10s for sure 😃 

Definitely the girl version of Superbad! So damn funny. 

• Love 1

Crash is on tv right now, excuse me while I cry all the tears. 😭😭😭

Easily in my top 10 movies.  Watched it in theaters when it came out with my mom & best friend & we all sobbed. I now save all the sad movies for home, no need to ugly cry in public. 😂

• Like 1

If anyone is a fan of Quentin Tarantino, Once upon a time in Hollywood was a pretty decent film. But the last movie I  watched was American pie, always gonna be my favorite!

• Like 1

February has been a pretty busy month because I spent it catching up with the Oscar nominees lmao. Also rewatched Parasite after winning best picture and it still is my favourite of 2019. I also saw a Gundam movie for some reason.

image.png.38dbe28d26d24f13e6537e3907f89a3a.png

I had never even heard of Parasite until the Oscars so I'm definitely interested in checking that out now.

You know what's crazy? Knives Out is already out on digital and it's STILL playing at my local movie theater. I saw Knives Out three months ago in the theater!

9 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I had never even heard of Parasite until the Oscars so I'm definitely interested in checking that out now.

You know what's crazy? Knives Out is already out on digital and it's STILL playing at my local movie theater. I saw Knives Out three months ago in the theater!

Knives Out is on my top 3 of last year, such a good movie, I'm hoping the franchise will be good.

54 minutes ago, Patient #48273 said:

Did anyone else find Parasite kind of overrated? I liked it, but the amount of hype seems excessive to me.

i kind of got into a fight with a friend who said it was "perfect". I really liked it, but it is not objectively perfect.

Spoiler

Still don't know why they let that woman back into the house after being fired, and I wondered where did the original tutor go? Or why the son went into the shelter alone? Or how did he survive the wound? i know it's a movie, but yeah, it ain't perfect. 

• Like 1

Horse Girl (2020) (B+)

I was kind of blown away by this film and really pleasantly surprised. Really strong performance by Alison Brie and really well done in terms of tone, symbolism, sensitivity, storytelling, and just keeping you guessing. Go into it knowing nothing I say. 

On 2/13/2020 at 6:25 AM, Patient #48273 said:

Did anyone else find Parasite kind of overrated? I liked it, but the amount of hype seems excessive to me.

I believe it lives up to the hype but the whole juxtaposition, change of tone has been done before, many times, so I don't think it's that 'genius' but I like the director and the film itself

On 2/3/2020 at 3:07 PM, WolfUgly said:

If anyone is a fan of Quentin Tarantino, Once upon a time in Hollywood was a pretty decent film. But the last movie I  watched was American pie, always gonna be my favorite!

It was probably my second least favorite Quentin Tarantino film..I feel like his films have gotten a little bit too eccentric. While I loved Kill Bill, Inglorious Basterds, and Django, even those didn't feel as detached from reality as Once Upon A Time and Hate 8..  I was in it until Leo started over acting in his scenes, the Manson hippies sucked and then Brad Pitt smashing the faces against the walls just took me out of it.. that and the playboy mansion.. I don't get the love and I'm a huge QT fan. The story could have been so much more coming from him..

• Love 1

3 hours ago, Just_Jan.. said:

It was probably my second least favorite Quentin Tarantino film..I feel like his films have gotten a little bit too eccentric. While I loved Kill Bill, Inglorious Basterds, and Django, even those didn't feel as detached from reality as Once Upon A Time and Hate 8..  I was in it until Leo started over acting in his scenes, the Manson hippies sucked and then Brad Pitt smashing the faces against the walls just took me out of it.. that and the playboy mansion.. I don't get the love and I'm a huge QT fan. The story could have been so much more coming from him..

See the last 20 mins and the part where brad pitt is at the ranch were the best parts for me, apart from that i was like wtf is this? It was so slow and normal for a QT film, but i think that was his plan, for a slow burner..

I so hope he does more than one more movie. The cinema will be so shit when hes gone! :(