What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

4 minutes ago, Wrath of Margie Whipple said:

New Tom and Jerry? Wtf?

Yeah a big budget release too. Critics have panned it but I thought it was well done. Kids laughed their asses off. Nice seeing animation in a movie again, it looked great mixed with live action

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Ghent said:

Saw Raya the Last Dragon last weekend. Will Disney ever stop outdoing themselves? Great message too for current times

Walt Disney Animation Studios > Pixar?

Pixar all the way. But Disney owns them now too anyway so who cares

Pixar for sure, in comparison they do not have a particularly questionable past when it comes to race/gender/etc in their movies. although i feel like they've been slacking a bit this past decade when it comes to original ideas.

4 hours ago, Ghent said:

Saw Raya the Last Dragon last weekend. Will Disney ever stop outdoing themselves? Great message too for current times

Walt Disney Animation Studios > Pixar?

I feel like they peaked in 1997-2000 with the Hercules, Mulan, Bugs Life, Emp New Groove group, but they're still pretty good.

I'm just saying in recent years. Pixar is obviously superior since like 2000. But Disney animation has caught up/surpassed them lately imo.

And yes Disney owns Disney Animations and Pixar, but they are still separate entities within, like Marvel and Star Wars. So they are fair to compare