What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

If you didn't like Captain Marvel it's because you're a misogynist. If you don't like Space Jam 2 it's because you're racist. It's just a really dumb argument to make when you can't stand on the merit of the product itself.

Captain Marvel was alright though, people are just bored.

13 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I was just having a laugh at Ghent implying I hated the movie because of whatever LeBron had to say about BLM. It's just silly.

Ghent gets easily triggered when people genuinely criticize things he likes. 

I don't know much about Lebron but he seems a bit less charismatic than Jordan was. The China comments were really the only negative side of Lebron that I've seen. 

7 minutes ago, Shit Poster said:

Ghent gets easily triggered when people genuinely criticize things he likes. 

I don't know much about Lebron but he seems a bit less charismatic than Jordan was. The China comments were really the only negative side of Lebron that I've seen. 

I'm not sure what he said about China, I only watch basketball when the Spurs are in the finals ... its been a long while since I've seen a game, and I don't follow any of it's players.

Just now, Speedo said:

I'm not sure what he said about China, I only watch basketball when the Spurs are in the finals ... its been a long while since I've seen a game, and I don't follow any of it's players.

In a nutshell, basically:

LeBron James believes Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey "wasn't educated" before he sent the tweet in support of antigovernment protesters in Hong Kong that damaged relations between China and the NBA.

https://africa.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27847951/daryl-morey-was-misinformed-sending-tweet-china-hong-kong

7 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

Movies are allowed to just be dumb fun!

I agree! This movie just left out the "fun" bit. My kids weren't all that enthused either, honestly. My oldest kept checking how much time was left and neither her nor her sister put up a fight when the movie was over and it was time for bed. That's usually not the case when involved in things they enjoy. My point was I (we) didn't enjoy it and here is my reasons why, it was never "no one should enjoy it". I don't give a rat's ass how anyone feels about most things ... just return the sentiment and don't try to spin it into some social/political statement. Just because subjectivity is personal doesn't mean your counter opinions need to go on the attack.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

LeBron is also an anti-vaxxer which sucks.  Was a big fan of his before that, can't wait to see Space Jam though.

Movies are allowed to just be dumb fun!

I think it's assumed he's vaccinated. His "personal private matter" stance I think was in the vein of "Republicans buy shoes too"

26 minutes ago, Shit Poster said:

In a nutshell, basically:

LeBron James believes Houston Rockets general manager Daryl Morey "wasn't educated" before he sent the tweet in support of antigovernment protesters in Hong Kong that damaged relations between China and the NBA.

https://africa.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27847951/daryl-morey-was-misinformed-sending-tweet-china-hong-kong

How much money comes into play for the NBA from the Chinese market? I get catering when it comes to Hollywood and the sort but I have no clue on it's connections in sports. 

1 hour ago, Speedo said:

How much money comes into play for the NBA from the Chinese market? I get catering when it comes to Hollywood and the sort but I have no clue on it's connections in sports. 

I think it's the fastest growing sport in China - could be wrong but I swear I read that somewhere. There's a reason why the NBA plays pre-season games there though, it's the biggest market for them to grow.

13 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I just realized @Ghent baited and I bit. That son of a bitch.

I would say Casey bit way harder. The Lebron chum was for you alone. Didn't think I'd pull a trophy bass talking out his ass as well.

"I don't know who Lebron is but here is why Ghent is a piece of shit for liking Space Jam in three paragraphs with IMDB data to back up my findings" 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, NeverOliver said:

I think it's assumed he's vaccinated. His "personal private matter" stance I think was in the vein of "Republicans buy shoes too"

Just from looking at twitter he won't "confirm or deny" that he got the vaccine.  With cases surging again the least the most popular athlete in the United States could do would be to tell people to get vaccinated.

10 minutes ago, Ghent said:

I would say Casey bit way harder. The Lebron chum was for you alone. Didn't think I'd pull a trophy bass talking out his ass as well.

"I don't know who Lebron is but here is why Ghent is a piece of shit for liking Space Jam in three paragraphs with IMDB data to back up my findings" 

Congrats on your fat catch.

13 hours ago, Ghent said:

This is both bizarre and cringe. Space Jam 2 is a hilarious hill to die on though!

5 minutes ago, Shit Poster said:

You’re trying so hard to gaslight and it’s making me sad. 

08b589fcb6f8702ddf3591b6ac94b8f1.gif

Gaslighting about "space jam 2" being a fun family movie that isn't very good.

I think you've officially smoked too much weed

2 hours ago, Ghent said:

08b589fcb6f8702ddf3591b6ac94b8f1.gif

Gaslighting about "space jam 2" being a fun family movie that isn't very good.

I think you've officially smoked too much weed

Are you actually this dumb? Both this post and the last one are gaslighting. It’s pretty transparent. Not sure if you’re being purposefully obtuse though.