What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

1 hour ago, Ghent said:

Having seen the movie before reading book I always thought Saruman was a questionably pointless character. His arc makes so much more sense with the scouring.

Yeah it's funny how important and full of depth his character actually is, but for the movie's sake he's just the dick wizard opposite of Gandalf who dies by trees with some beef.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JarJarBlinks said:

can't believe this scene was cut. It's so good and creepy.

We needed that Aragorn gives no fucks context also and loss of hope from their perspective prior to the Black Gate battle (the best one imo). Aragorn's charge still gives me more sexual pleasure than any girlfriend of mine.

Mouth of Sauron is great. Also a big fan of the extra scene with Boromir, Faramir and Denethor. Adds a lot to the Boromir and Faramir relationship.

I can’t even remember the last time I watched the theatricals. The extended are the films for me. I forget which scenes are extended only.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Russel Coight said:

Mouth of Sauron is great. Also a big fan of the extra scene with Boromir, Faramir and Denethor. Adds a lot to the Boromir and Faramir relationship.

I can’t even remember the last time I watched the theatricals. The extended are the films for me. I forget which scenes are extended only.

Sean Bean needed more build up to that death! Fuck I want to rewatch all these tonight.  Extended cuts are a bastard, you can never see the originals as the same again, and make you constantly compare the two. 

I don't love the movie Hateful Eight, but the extended version gave it such better context and whenever I see a deleted scene from a favorite movie, I always am like 'that needed to be in there!'

I'd be a terrible editor.

7 minutes ago, J3n said:

Sean Bean needed more build up to that death! Fuck I want to rewatch all these tonight.  Extended cuts are a bastard, you can never see the originals as the same again, and make you constantly compare the two. 

I don't love the movie Hateful Eight, but the extended version gave it such better context and whenever I see a deleted scene from a favorite movie, I always am like 'that needed to be in there!'

I'd be a terrible editor.

Have you read the books before? If not you should definitely give them a go.

5 minutes ago, Kay said:

Just watched Spotlight. Fair play, really fucking good film. Ruffalo is a better actor than I give him credit for. 

Did Ruffalo put you up to this? Are you in danger? If you need help post in the confession topic about your love for Coke.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, J3n said:

Yes but it's been a long time and I was too young to not skim a lot.

Yeah I was the same. Mum got me the set around the time Two Towers came out I think. I was too young to appreciate them. Now that I’m older it’s easy to see how great they are. You should seriously consider giving them another go.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

Yeah I was the same. Mum got me the set around the time Two Towers came out I think. I was too young to appreciate them. Now that I’m older it’s easy to see how great they are. You should seriously consider giving them another go.

For some reason I remember the prefix being the best thing I've ever read to date, I can't remember if that was a separate book (the war with Sauron) or just the prelude to the book in the fellowship book itself.

Apologize if that was a total of 5 pages and I'm an idiot.

The movies are just so damn good though, it's hard not to want to delve in immediately whenever I get a chapter in or whatever.

10 minutes ago, J3n said:

For some reason I remember the prefix being the best thing I've ever read to date, I can't remember if that was a separate book (the war with Sauron) or just the prelude to the book in the fellowship book itself.

Apologize if that was a total of 5 pages and I'm an idiot.

The movies are just so damn good though, it's hard not to want to delve in immediately whenever I get a chapter in or whatever.

Do you mean preface? @Patient #48273 does Jan mean preface?