What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

2 hours ago, Elisa said:

It's 8 episodes so I guess they'll cover the aftermath pretty well. The thing about it is that as much as there is space in the narrative to sympathise with them (especially with Pamela, and it's clear they want to make her sympathetic), the show so far is absolutely making fun of all the people involved, Seth Rogan's character included.

It is my favorite Seth Rogan performance thus far.  That is forsure.  Also, the guy playing Tommy Lee is fucking great.  My only gripe so far is the fact it's trying to do those same I, Tonya cheap shock tricks that don't hit as much as they want it to.  For this one, *spoiler* the talking penis?  Like, I get it, it's probably something Tommy Lee did, but it was just so dumb to sit and watch for 5-10 minutes 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Toms_Schlonge said:

It is my favorite Seth Rogan performance thus far.  That is forsure.  Also, the guy playing Tommy Lee is fucking great.  My only gripe so far is the fact it's trying to do those same I, Tonya cheap shock tricks that don't hit as much as they want it to.  For this one, *spoiler* the talking penis?  Like, I get it, it's probably something Tommy Lee did, but it was just so dumb to sit and watch for 5-10 minutes 

That was probably the most embarassing thing I've seen on tv. I'm afraid a show about Pamela Anderson and a talking penis won't be taken seriously, but episode 3 is when things start to get good. 

This song as the soundtrack to the club scene is a PEAK:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elisa said:

That was probably the most embarassing thing I've seen on tv. I'm afraid a show about Pamela Anderson and a talking penis won't be taken seriously, but episode 3 is when things start to get good. 

Good, I was worried this shit was going downhill when that happened.

That song was amazing indeed. Made me immediately want to be in the 90s

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/9/2022 at 2:39 AM, Elisa said:

Um, idk about you but my interest totally fell off last episode. It was still good and well made, but it's now starting to feel not interesting enough to continue 50 minute episodes.

Still watching, but the first 3 episodes were definitely the best.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, .437 beats .40 said:

Um, idk about you but my interest totally fell off last episode. It was still good and well made, but it's now starting to feel not interesting enough to continue 50 minute episodes.

Still watching, but the first 3 episodes were definitely the best.  

I agree with you. I'm still watching it and it still has its moments, but now it's a total drama and it isn't as fun as it was on the first 3 episodes and I knew that at some point they were going to focus on the impact the tape has had on Pamela Anderson as well as how they both responded to it. 

The whole show could have been shorter though, 8 episodes is too much and it drags now.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fresh - wtf. Never been so almost disturbed in my life (they dialed it back mid way through).  Sebastian Stan is the real deal.

Voyeurs - another wtf, but much more just a weird black mirror esque bottle movie. I kind of liked it more than I should have.  Ever catch a movie with no distractions once in a while and like it way more because of it?

On 2/27/2022 at 9:59 AM, Elisa said:

I agree with you. I'm still watching it and it still has its moments, but now it's a total drama and it isn't as fun as it was on the first 3 episodes and I knew that at some point they were going to focus on the impact the tape has had on Pamela Anderson as well as how they both responded to it. 

The whole show could have been shorter though, 8 episodes is too much and it drags now.

Just finished it.  Did you?  Kind of kept the same trajectory till the end, just mildly entertaining after 2-3 rock solid episodes. 

I don't know if they were contractually obligated to 8?  But it sure seemed like it because they tried touching EVERY aspect that could possibly ever circle around this tape, even including Motley Crue getting replaced by Beck as openers and how hard that was for them as a band? Really lost momentum after it became 'the aftermath' for 6 straight episodes (clocking in at about 4.5 hours). Rand also went from the best portrayal ever to a really annoying Seth Rogan character by the end.

I still love Tommy Lee though even though he is a total hot head douche

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, chinchillas said:

Just finished it.  Did you?  Kind of kept the same trajectory till the end, just mildly entertaining after 2-3 rock solid episodes. 

I don't know if they were contractually obligated to 8?  But it sure seemed like it because they tried touching EVERY aspect that could possibly ever circle around this tape, even including Motley Crue getting replaced by Beck as openers and how hard that was for them as a band? Really lost momentum after it became 'the aftermath' for 6 straight episodes (clocking in at about 4.5 hours). Rand also went from the best portrayal ever to a really annoying Seth Rogan character by the end.

I still love Tommy Lee though even though he is a total hot head douche

I did. I watched it on Thursday. I enjoyed the story as well but I agree, it's a show that could've been summed up in 5 episodes and it would have been great, but it turned out long winded as hell. I love that they showed how detrimental it was to Pamela, that's important. And every actor nailed it.

Yeah, I know, Tommy is a tool, but I'm still a fan haha I just wish they'd used a few Motley Crue songs on the soundtrack. The fact that there wasn't any was weird. (The Motley Crue standoff with Third Eye Blind was one of the low-key funniest scenes though).  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I watched Grosse Point Blank last night. It's a 1997 movie with Cusack, who was amazing in it, and it probably has the best soundtrack ever (The Cure, Clash, Echo & The Bunnymen, The Jam, The Specials, Faith No More...), so good.

We all know and love Viggo Mortensen in LOTR (iconic Aragorn) and I saw him in Green Book a few years ago, but I watched A History of Violence and Eastern Promises yesterday and they were incredible, Eastern Promises in particular. I really didn't know he was THIS good. 

• Like 1