What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

1 hour ago, Alphans United_Jan said:

It definitely looks like a Guy Ritchie type film.  I'm gonna definitely check it out next movie/show free time - I have an odd innate desire to see every Brad Pitt movie.  I know he's a mediocre actor to some, but I think he's pretty iconic for our generation and not as bad as they tried to make him out to be.  Always sold me on his parts - Seven, 12 Monkeys, True Romance, River Runs Through It, OCEANS, Big Short, Moneyball, Burn After Reading (favorite movie), Troy, Snatch, Interview Vampire, Kalifornia, Thelma & Louise.

He's got a killer catalogue.  Ironically, the only movie I felt taken out of by him was Inglorious Basterds, but it was so funny/good I didn't care.  Fight Club didn't age that great either.

I know no one asked.

I forgot he was in Tue Romance … the stoner guy, right?

Brad Pitt has done a few stinkers here and there but for the most part his movies are all pretty solid and I think he’s a great actor, definitely one of my favorites.

2 hours ago, Speedo said:

I forgot he was in Tue Romance … the stoner guy, right?

Brad Pitt has done a few stinkers here and there but for the most part his movies are all pretty solid and I think he’s a great actor, definitely one of my favorites.

Yeah, apparently he was a major stoner when he first got to Hollywood.  So he said he literally just channeled his early/lost in LA self where he used to smoke pot until he felt like a 'donut'. Whatever that means.

2 hours ago, Patient #48273 said:

Jan's crush on Brad Pitt is cute.

I just think he's actually a draw when it comes to movies compared to the other 'good looking guys'. Like if Pitts in a movie, I actually feel compelled to go check it out.  I can't say the same for even someone like DiCaprio.

I'm comfortable in my crushexuality.

9 hours ago, Alphans United_Jan said:

It definitely looks like a Guy Ritchie type film.  I'm gonna definitely check it out next movie/show free time - I have an odd innate desire to see every Brad Pitt movie.  I know he's a mediocre actor to some, but I think he's pretty iconic for our generation and not as bad as they tried to make him out to be.  Always sold me on his parts - Seven, 12 Monkeys, True Romance, River Runs Through It, OCEANS, Big Short, Moneyball, Burn After Reading (favorite movie), Troy, Snatch, Interview Vampire, Kalifornia, Thelma & Louise.

He's got a killer catalogue.  Ironically, the only movie I felt taken out of by him was Inglorious Basterds, but it was so funny/good I didn't care.  Fight Club didn't age that great either.

I know no one asked.

Have you seen Fury?

5 hours ago, Scott. said:

I watched No Country For Old Men the other day. What a ride. Brilliant performances all round. 

First time watching? Definitely one of the better movies, especially first viewing.

5 hours ago, Scott. said:

Have you seen Fury?

Nope.  Not a big war movie guy.

3 hours ago, _Bagel said:

Brad Pitt is GOATed. The Assassination of Jesse James. Still manages to be an unreal film when the spoiler is right there in the title 

Need to see this one yet too, saw a couple scenes, it is a cool vibe.

5 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I would definitely let Tom Cruise seduce me and teach me the ways of Scientology.  Out of all of his movies he has what...two stinkers?  Brad Pitt not quite to the level of the King.

Brad has more, but I respect this take.  Just saw a clip of Cruise free fall sky diving, while promoting his movie.  Like talking to the camera while falling with no jitteriness or anything.

1 minute ago, Alphans United_Jan said:

Brad has more, but I respect this take.  Just saw a clip of Cruise free fall sky diving, while promoting his movie.  Like talking to the camera while falling with no jitteriness or anything.

I legit think Cruise either thinks he's invincible, or he's miserable with what he's done to his life with Scientology and wants to die doing a stunt.  In the meantime he'll get these crazy fucking things on camera lol.

I know in the new Mission Impossible he is actually jumping a dirt bike into a canyon, and then parachuting down himself.  Batshit.

46 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I legit think Cruise either thinks he's invincible, or he's miserable with what he's done to his life with Scientology and wants to die doing a stunt.  In the meantime he'll get these crazy fucking things on camera lol.

I know in the new Mission Impossible he is actually jumping a dirt bike into a canyon, and then parachuting down himself.  Batshit.

I think by far the craziest one, is when he latched onto the side of that plane with just a single cable.

• Love 1

I just saw Face/Off for the first time and it honestly was one of if not the best of 'those' type of movies I've ever seen.  It was such a ridiculous premise but it didn't take it too seriously so it actually worked, and brought on this awesome acting/mind bendy situation where they're acting as someone else acting and I love Nicholas Cage...but I have to say Travolta acting as Nicholas Cage stole it for me.  And it totally worked.  They nailed it.

Can't believe I never saw this masterpiece movie before.

The pace is honestly on crack though.  Don't think I've seen a movie move so quickly before,

• Like 1

The Whale with Brendan Fraser. Not the most eventful movie (it’s the type of movie that all takes place in essentially one room).  I found the actress who plays the redhead in Stranger Things to be quite jarring (seemed like she was overacting and it didn’t gel with the rest of the cast). 8/10 

It kind of reminded me of Pig with Nic Cage. Both artsy, depressing movies about grief featuring return to form performances by 90s/early 2000s actors.

• Like 1

On 12/20/2022 at 12:41 AM, Level 3 Alpha-Jan said:

Seven, 12 Monkeys, True Romance, River Runs Through It, OCEANS, Big Short, Moneyball, Burn After Reading (favorite movie), Troy, Snatch, Interview Vampire, Kalifornia, Thelma & Louise.

I saw this list the other day and it reminded me that I never watched Burn After Reading and The Big Short so now I'm about to watch Burn After Reading for the first time ever. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Elisa said:

I saw this list the other day and it reminded me that I never watched Burn After Reading and The Big Short so now I'm about to watch Burn After Reading for the first time ever. 

Holy fucking shit.  Prepare yourself.  It's not for everyone, but it truly strikes gold if you are into quirky movies like that.  Big Short is fucking awesome too.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Level 3 Alpha-Jan said:

Holy fucking shit.  Prepare yourself.  It's not for everyone, but it truly strikes gold if you are into quirky movies like that.  Big Short is fucking awesome too.

Wow! I'm ready and I don't even know anything about this movie, just that it's the Coen Bros and I'm a big fan of their dark comedy stuff - Fargo is my favorite of theirs - I hope this is a good one too! And I promise I will also watch Big Short.

I keep reading on Twitter that Brad Pitt maybe gives one of his best performances in Babylon, the movie that came out in the US last week, and I'm really curious to watch that one as well when it comes out here. 

• Like 1