What's The Last Movie You Watched?

Scott.

I really liked that movie! The end was a bit abrupt though.

We had the most intense discussion afterwards about "doing the right thing". What that even means. And how the right thing for you can be the completely wrong thing for others. etc. etc.

Yeah hated the ending. I would of done what he did. Which was the right thing. It was his fuck up and his fault and he also didn't wanna be like his father. Loved the way he was pretty calm about the whole thing, think that's why he chose his character to be Welsh because we have that calmness in our accents.

Boyhood - 10/10

best of luck to any other filmmaker trying to top this one. coming of age films might as well not exist anymore, this one was flawless.

for anyone between the ages 19-23, this will be like a mirrored image of your life as far as what you played with as a kid, what you did with your friends, fashion, music, etc. it was scary how similar to my life this was. minus some family related drama, i related to every single aspect of this in some form. once the character was like 17, i kept telling myself, "wow this kid dresses and talks like a total douche" only to catch myself and realize that everyone my age, myself included, was exactly like that at 17.

honestly, anyone younger than 19 probably won't get any of the pop culture references. some people older than 23 might not either (at least as far as kids toys/games/bedroom decorations/etc go). but, the life situations are pretty universal.

Dunno if this is the right thread, but I've been on a documentary binge lately.

Indie Game: The Movie - 8/10. Really awesome doc, shows the hardship that indie developers go through. The uncertainty of how well their game will be perceived, the ruthless lifestyle they lead with barely any social life and sleep, the legal issues they deal with, etc. Real eye opener to show how hard being an indie game designer can be, but really uplifting to see how it works out for them. Highly recommend this one.

The Smash Bros - 7.5/10 - Cool to see the depth and strategy behind Super Smash Brothers, as well as the community the grew with the game and the tournaments that were held. Available on Youtube too. 

Super High Me - 6/10 - Pretty dumb but I guess I shouldn't have expected much from a mediocre comedian smoking weed all the time. 

Email Order Bride - 4/10 - Why the fuck did I watch this, bunch of desperate men trying to justify a retarded and weird lifestyle of marrying Russian women they ordered online.

I Escaped a Cult - 6/10 - Pretty depressing but interesting to see how people got sucked into religious cults, as well as how they were exiled afterwards.

Blackfish - 7.5/10 - Really enjoyed this one, held my attention the whole time and made me hate Sea World. Had no idea the original Sea World (Sea Planet) originated in a town near where I live (Victoria). 

Unhung Hero - ?? - Turned this off after 20 mins, too cringe worthy watching a guy try to figure out how to cope with a small dick. 

And a bunch others like Planet Earth/Blue Planet but everyones seen those. 

Unhung Hero - ?? - Turned this off after 20 mins, too cringe worthy watching a guy try to figure out how to cope with a small dick. 

I think it'd be terrible to have a small dick. You could succeed in everything but deep down you'd still feel insecure for having a small dick (unless you happened to find a hot lady who's into small penises).

Also, having a big (but not too big) dick would go a long way. You could fail in everything but you'd still feel like a boss for having a big dick.

Yeah hated the ending. I would of done what he did. Which was the right thing. It was his fuck up and his fault and he also didn't wanna be like his father. Loved the way he was pretty calm about the whole thing, think that's why he chose his character to be Welsh because we have that calmness in our accents.

Yeah, I could have listened to him on and on. I can't really grasp what it was about that movie, but although you only see him all the time, it wasn't boring or anything. Really special.

Yeah, I could have listened to him on and on. I can't really grasp what it was about that movie, but although you only see him all the time, it wasn't boring or anything. Really special.

No me, but is was mesmerising. I love Tom Hardy too. Proper man crush

muscle shoals - 8/10. really engaging and interesting. i'm from alabama and i love the music produced in that town, so i knew i was going to love it. but besides that, it's really well-produced. the only thing that brings it down a few points is that it occasionally devolves into rick hall (owner of FAME studios) just going on about his family life, which has very little relation to muscle shoals music, the studios, and the spirit that runs through there. but otherwise, it's great.

Off to see the new Planet of the Apes film tonight, just watched the 2011 one for the first time a couple of days ago and really enjoyed. So hoping this one is as good, reviews suggest it is.

Also really keen to see Boyhood, your review Kevin makes me wanna see it even more.

I just watched it last night too, pretty solid movie, would give it around 8.5/10. 

I saw Locke after reading the positive reviews on here. Was a bit odd but really enjoyed it.

Also saw a great documentary film yesterday called Aileen: Life And Death Of A Serial Killer. It's about a woman called Aileen Wuornos who was America's first ever female serial killer. Really interesting if you're into that sort of thing.