Blink-182 pisses me off now.

Aria

You probably think I am posting with the intent to put down Mark. I am just pointing out that I think he was underwhelming on the record and Tom surprised me. I thought Tom would bring a lot more Angels influences and singing style to the record. I was happy to see that he didn't. Like I said I am glad that Mark was able to keep him in line and pull the best out of him. I was just underwhelmed with the singing from Mark on the record. From what he showed me on +44, I know he could of given a better performance.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah man..this guy again.

mark was just as present in this album as he was on untitled. he played a part in every song UNLIKE tom (and im a fan of tom). in every song, mark has some kind of part.

Harmonies in GOTDF, chorus in Natives, verse and harmonies in Up All Night, After Midnight chorus, awesome bass intro and ahhs in Snake Charmer, him and Travis obviously did all the work on HAG+Interlude, I guarantee you that Tom didn't play bass on Wishing Well, Kaleidoscope verse, This Is Home bassline and solo, MH is yet again all Mark and Travis, Love Is Dangerous has the backing verse vocals and the trade off chorus vocals, FTG is yet again ONLY Mark and Travis and then Even If She Falls has Mark on bass..I'm guessing.

What did Tom do on HAG, MH or FTG? nothing.

I agree with you and I personally believe that the best songs were the ones they did together.  I really like HAG but I feel like it would have something extra with tom doing harmonies and playing guitars, even if it's just more his style of playing the same things.  Same with MH, and I appreciate FTG for it's experiment but it's not one of my favourite songs.  If anything I can't say that it's toms fault he wasn't included on those songs, we don't know the inner workings of the band, but I think it just goes to show how much better they are when they're all together and 11 blink songs is better than 0 even if they don't form a very cohesive album.

Blink fans piss me off. Fuck

says the dude with 8,000 posts on a blink forum.

And if you read any of them, then you'll know exactly how I feel.

You guys would do anything to have blink back in 2008. Well, you have them back, but know you want more. Always whinging.

People need to chill the fuck out.

You guys would do anything to have blink back in 2008. Well, you have them back, but know you want more. Always whinging.

great spelling bro

Ya I think I was expecting something along the lines of "No It Isn't"  and "Lillian" from Mark on the album. The problem I still have with Fighting the Gravity is how short the verses/chorus are. You get an intro that's way to long then you are left wanting more with the super short vocal/chorus Mark sings. The intro should of been cut down 40+ seconds and replaced with vocals. Only thing that really held FTG back from being a great song on the album for me.

great spelling bro

Why the fuck has it all been turned on me? It seems I'm in the minority of the board that is content that blink are back together.

blink is only a disappointment to those who are stuck in the past. sure i wish the guitar parts were catchy like before but nothing beats hoppus barker and delonge together

Stupid argument that could be used for anything.

I use to be a nice guy but then I bought a gun and started killing people. Everyone who likes the old me is just stuck in the past.

great spelling bro

Why the fuck has it all been turned on me? It seems I'm in the minority of the board that is content that blink are back together.

i thought you were saying "blink fans piss me off" like "im too good for this band now, fuck you guys."

i agree with you, im happy that they're back together, but, that being said, they're doing this the wrong way. they're half-assing it. sadly though, even if they keep this half-assed attitude ill be happy.

great spelling bro

i thought you were saying "blink fans piss me off" like "im too good for this band now, fuck you guys."

i agree with you, im happy that they're back together, but, that being said, they're doing this the wrong way. they're half-assing it. sadly though, even if they keep this half-assed attitude ill be happy.

If you dont like the way their doing it, go out and start your own band, do it the way you wish blink was doing it, make the songs you wish they would make and you want to hear.  Im being serious, im not trying to be a dick. Use it as inspiration

great spelling bro

If you dont like the way their doing it, go out and start your own band, do it the way you wish blink was doing it, make the songs you wish they would make and you want to hear.  Im being serious, im not trying to be a dick. Use it as inspiration

i have a band, and blink does inspire me more than anything else..but with a minimum wage job and going to college, it's a lot harder than you'd think.

i know what blink does isn't easy, but they could've promoted neighborhoods 20x better.

Lets face it, Mark got owned badly by Tom.

The final nail in the coffin with Blink 182 is that Tom refused to record together and Mark wouldn't stand for it. So Tom punished Mark for 6 years of no Blink 182. IN the end Mark gave into Tom's demands after 6 years of being broken down. It's kind of funny.

We told him if we were going to record the album separately, in different studios, our band was ceasing to be a BAND. The magic in the studio is created when the three of us are there TOGETHER, working on parts, discussing, sometimes arguing, all pushing the album forward. Trying to frankenstein a cd together by mailing each other pro tools files to work on in our own private studios was ridiculous. It would lessen the entire album. It would be a terrible cd.

You probably think I am posting with the intent to put down Mark. I am just pointing out that I think he was underwhelming on the record and Tom surprised me. I thought Tom would bring a lot more Angels influences and singing style to the record. I was happy to see that he didn't. Like I said I am glad that Mark was able to keep him in line and pull the best out of him. I was just underwhelmed with the singing from Mark on the record. From what he showed me on +44, I know he could of given a better performance.

I agree. On no other blink record does Mark pale so clearly in comparison to Tom. Considering Tom's "sideproject" and Mark's passion for blink, this is very surprising. Mark was clearly lazy and unproductive. Maybe it was because they wrote songs separately, but that shouldn't be his excuse as that's the way they have written the vast majority of their songs anyway. Edit: This shouldn't be news to anyone. Mark stated that he isn't a very confident songwriter and we all know his objection to writing song separately. Mark was probably worried about his own writing if he had to write songs alone. He probably feels a lot more confident when he's working with Tom.

Of course I acknowledge Mark's contribution to making Tom's songs more blink-like although it's difficult to quantify something like that.