Green Day begin recording new album

allsystemsgo

lol, that's not what he meant. he's saying that its awesome to see a band playing live shows a little bit different than on the record. blink changes songs live, playing them faster, slower, with mistakes, adding cool bridges, new little riffs, and what not,  - thats what makes you feel like you see a real rock show, every night is different. we're talking not about how good you play but how different you play them.  playing exactly like on the record is cool too but it really gets boring. nothing wrong about that. it's like you can put out a boombox on stage, take a cd, turn it on and listen songs without band. blinks play it cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lXrBxmuOZ0#

Oliver, billie joe's impression for now is that he's an annoying little fuck who needs to shut the fuck up. he tries so hard. blink boys mega fun to watch. you can watch travis all day, everyday... can't say the same about those green pigs.

When it comes to GD's personality you will never heard me say anything good about them.

But IMO it is hard to beat GD's live show. I had pretty much hated everything about them since AI and I then I saw them live and a lot of it was pretty much forgiven. I thought it was that good. It is not easy to impress me that much, but they managed.

lol, that's not what he meant. he's saying that its awesome to see a band playing live shows a little bit different than on the record. blink changes songs live, playing them faster, slower, with mistakes, adding cool bridges, new little riffs, and what not,  - thats what makes you feel like you see a real rock show, every night is different. we're talking not about how good you play but how different you play them.  playing exactly like on the record is cool too but it really gets boring. nothing wrong about that. it's like you can put out a boombox on stage, take a cd, turn it on and listen songs without band. blinks play it cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lXrBxmuOZ0#

I think Minority live is the best example. That one sometimes ends up around 10 minutes.

i've gotta admit, oh love has grown on me a bit. it's still a complete disappointment as far as lead singles go, but i can now listen to the song from start to finish without wanting to off myself. couldn't say the same about any song off the last album.

wow. they look like serious douche bags. and really really old. it's crazy they are the same age as the blink guys basically. they look a lot more....dated. both physically and in terms of how they present themselves.

wow. they look like serious douche bags. and really really old. it's crazy they are the same age as the blink guys basically. they look a lot more....dated. both physically and in terms of how they present themselves.

i agree with all of this and bugs me how people bitch about Tom wearing skinny jeans when we have this other band wearing eyeliner. Thats a huge change in the wardrobe.

Yeah, there is a thread in the blink section asking "has any band sold out more than blink?"

I can opine with confidence that Green Day has sold out infinitely worse than blink did. 40 year old dudes with wrinkles wearing eye shadow and colored hair? They are starting to look like a crappy 80's band.

Yeah, there is a thread in the blink section asking "has any band sold out more than blink?"

I can opine with confidence that Green Day has sold out infinitely worse than blink did. 40 year old dudes with wrinkles wearing eye shadow and colored hair? They are starting to look like a crappy 80's band.

take a look at this.

This is Green Day during the Warning area.

l.jpg

Look like normal dudes after making a really damn good album that steered a little bit out of the pop-punk genre.

Now this them right around the American Idiot album.

image.jpg

They look like My Chemical Romance.

Also with the part that yea AI was a little different but it was a lot closer sounding to Nimrod and then Warning was and i feel like right at that point they just wanted to sell albums all over again to the little 12 year boys and girls.

Also any "punk" band that has a broadway play isn't a punk band at all.

It is an indisputable fact that record sales/merchandise sales are highest among 14-16 year olds. So in order to reach for the money, you must stay relevent with this group of fans.

I have no problem with older people wearing makeup if that is what they are really into. But as the above picture shows, for GD it's an act. An act to keep them relevent with a younger crowd.

They do look totally ridiculous, especially Mike with his hair, but I've been saying that since 2004 when you guys were praising them. That mag cover makes them look old, but Blink looked old on a cover too. Everyone ages. It happens.

But Mark Hoppus does the same thing. Lets face it. Travis has essentially mutilated his body (it is approaching Michael Jackson proprtions soon) Tom is the only halfway normal one in terms of appearance (not to get off the GD topic)