Green Day begin recording new album

allsystemsgo

Just heard the "Let Yourself Go" studio version. I think it's safe to say that these three albums will be their career suicide. 21st Century Breakdown was a failed attempt at an American Idiot rehash and every song they've released from Uno! has been an utter-shit rehash of everything they did in the 90s, but worse. I can't even imagine how lame it will be once all 30-40 terrible songs are released. Any Green Day fan claiming this is better than Neighborhoods must be a 12 year old who just started listening to both bands or something.

completely agree.

did our relationship just move to the next level? i am shocked.

Just heard the "Let Yourself Go" studio version. I think it's safe to say that these three albums will be their career suicide. 21st Century Breakdown was a failed attempt at an American Idiot rehash and every song they've released from Uno! has been an utter-shit rehash of everything they did in the 90s, but worse. I can't even imagine how lame it will be once all 30-40 terrible songs are released. Any Green Day fan claiming this is better than Neighborhoods must be a 12 year old who just started listening to both bands or something.

Has to be a joke post.

Has to be a joke post.

No it's called an opinion.....

Has to be a joke post.

Indeed, and one that I agree with for the most part.  I'm sure of the 30 to 40 new songs, there will be some good ones.  But so far every officially released song is well... crap.  Sure its great for top 40 stations, which likely is what they're aiming for with Uno.  But in terms of music that I enjoy, makes me think and genuinely feels like they have actual substance, all of the songs thus far fail.

I liked the live clip of Nuclear Family though, so maybe there is hope.  And if Dos is indeed in the same vein as Foxboro Hottubs, than that could turn out to be great.  We shall see.  But thus far, Uno isn't doing shit for me.

Has to be a joke post.

Indeed, and one that I agree with for the most part.  I'm sure of the 30 to 40 new songs, there will be some good ones.  But so far every officially released song is well... crap.  Sure its great for top 40 stations, which likely is what they're aiming for with Uno.  But in terms of music that I enjoy, makes me think and genuinely feels like they have actual substance, all of the songs thus far fail.

I liked the live clip of Nuclear Family though, so maybe there is hope.  And if Dos is indeed in the same vein as Foxboro Hottubs, than that could turn out to be great.  We shall see.  But thus far, Uno isn't doing shit for me.

No idea how Let Yourself Go is crap, when it sounds like it could be on Nimrod. Classic fast paced, fun Green Day.

Not a fan of Oh Love or Kill The DJ though, but come on. We've only heard 3 recordings from iUno!, how can anyone make a call that it's better than Neighborhoods, and I respected the experimentation they took on Kill The DJ, just a horrible, horrible chorus.

Uno is shaping up to be the worst out of the three, but the descriptions of Dos and Tre seem fantastic.

Has to be a joke post.

No idea how Let Yourself Go is crap, when it sounds like it could be on Nimrod. Classic fast paced, fun Green Day.

Not a fan of Oh Love or Kill The DJ though, but come on. We've only heard 3 recordings from iUno!, how can anyone make a call that it's better than Neighborhoods, and I respected the experimentation they took on Kill The DJ, just a horrible, horrible chorus.

Uno is shaping up to be the worst out of the three, but the descriptions of Dos and Tre seem fantastic.

Thats what he's saying, i don't think anyone on these boards is saying that Uno is sounding better than Neighborhoods.  Cuz its not, the first 3 songs blink released for Neighborhoods showed promise, versatility and thought.  The first 3 songs released for Uno all follow the same formula sound all like they they come from the same day of writing and have very little (if any) substance. 

So if you want to compare the first three songs, Neighborhoods beats Uno hands down.  Which to me, seems like a great indication that Neighborhoods will undoubtedly be the better album than Uno. And you know damn well (especially if you read some of the comments on the Uno youtube vids) that some green day fans think that these songs are the greatest things to ever grace their ears. 

Has to be a joke post.

Thats what he's saying, i don't think anyone on these boards is saying that Uno is sounding better than Neighborhoods.  Cuz its not, the first 3 songs blink released for Neighborhoods showed promise, versatility and thought.  The first 3 songs released for Uno all follow the same formula sound all like they they come from the same day of writing and have very little (if any) substance. 

So if you want to compare the first three songs, Neighborhoods beats Uno hands down.  Which to me, seems like a great indication that Neighborhoods will undoubtedly be the better album than Uno. And you know damn well (especially if you read some of the comments on the Uno youtube vids) that some green day fans think that these songs are the greatest things to ever grace their ears.

Youtube comments... hah.

I don't get whats so different from a youtube comment and what we're doing here.  And I don't know how that makes my point any less valid, some green day fans are creaming their pants over these 3 songs, and truly believe they are god's gift to the world.  I'm glad you don't see it that way, and I certainly don't see it that way.  but these people absolutely do exist sadly.

I read the AP article yesterday while I was at Barnes and Noble. They are like the definition of hypocrites. Talking about getting older while desperately trying to stay young. Talking about how the American economy sucks while being total proof that the american dream works.

I loved how they said we should "tax the rich more". Ok, well you guys are rich. So if you think you should be taxed more, why don't you cut a check to the IRS? The IRS does accept free money Billie.

They really are so fucking fake.

I think the new music I've heard so far is a reflection of that. Its just such unoriginal shit. They can't fake it anymore.

I read the AP article yesterday while I was at Barnes and Noble. They are like the definition of hypocrites. Talking about getting older while desperately trying to stay young. Talking about how the American economy sucks while being total proof that the american dream works.

I loved how they said we should "tax the rich more". Ok, well you guys are rich. So if you think you should be taxed more, why don't you cut a check to the IRS? The IRS does accept free money Billie.

I think the new music I've heard so far is a reflection of that. Its just such unoriginal shit. They can't fake it anymore.

I just got this today, My mom brought it up so i'm about to read this and see how it is. Judging the cover though they sound pretty gay now. I can't stand Tre and like everyone else has said about him he tries way to hard to look like hes doing something serious.

I still think Mike is the only member that hasn't changed.

Stealing from B&N, tsk tsk oli.

The american economy does suck, just because they're rich doesn't mean it's not true. I've never heard them say anything about the american dream not being real...

If they think the rich should be taxed more, I'm sure they are well-aware they are not going to benefit from it. I'm sure they've paid more than you or I ever will. So stating your opinion about it isn't really hypocritical if you think the U.S. government should tax a specific group of people more just because you fall under it. Say you think teachers should be paid more, so for somebody to have that opinion, we should give our money to teachers or we're all hypocrites? No, but it's a desire to change the system, and they've been sincere about it since I can remember. It only works if everybody plays by the rules. For them to just cut a check and call it a day isn't going to do much in the big picture.

Again man, you need to see a therapist. 99% of what you post is money driven and seems to be your passion in life. I'm 100% serious.

Stealing from B&N, tsk tsk oli.

The american economy does suck, just because they're rich doesn't mean it's not true. I've never heard them say anything about the american dream not being real...

If they think the rich should be taxed more, I'm sure they are well-aware they are not going to benefit from it. I'm sure they've paid more than you or I ever will. So stating your opinion about it isn't really hypocritical if you think the U.S. government should tax a specific group of people more just because you fall under it. Say you think teachers should be paid more, so for somebody to have that opinion, we should give our money to teachers or we're all hypocrites? No, but it's a desire to change the system, and they've been sincere about it since I can remember. It only works if everybody plays by the rules. For them to just cut a check and call it a day isn't going to do much in the big picture.

Again man, you need to see a therapist. 99% of what you post is money driven and seems to be your passion in life. I'm 100% serious.

Of course it is true that the american economy sucks. What have I been saying all these years? But don't you think it sounds really stupid coming from people who went from being broke to being super rich? I don't want to hear from some guy who made $30mil from our "terrible economy". He has no right. His phoney ass needs to STFU.

It is totally hypocritical to say the rich need to be taxed more Kyle. Green Day are rich. So if they think they should be taxed more, they should cut a check to the IRS. If you asked Billie Joe right now for him to do that, he wouldn't. So he shouldn't fucking say the rich need to be taxed more when in reality he is actually against more taxation of the rich.

Your analogy about the teachers is not the same thing.  Because you aren't directly referencing yourself. If you said "everyone named Kyle should pay teachers more" and you didn't give them money; that would hypocritical. That is what GD is doing. They are refercing themselves (the rich) but then turn around and are unwilling to give.

Therapy? LOL.............There is no need for therapy. What exactly am I curing? Am I supppose to be made into a drone that thinks the world should be greedy and hypocritical? Am I suppose to not question anything?