Green Day begin recording new album

allsystemsgo

i just think the 3 albums thing is a silly gimmick.

why release 30-40 songs which really if u are doing 30-40 the quality is going to suffer on quite a few, when you can create an album of say 15 songs of the best putting all the good ideas together?

Completely agree, if there was more time between albums, like 6 months between each one, then I'd feel like maybe each album warranted a seperate release.  But they're all released so close together, I bet when Uno comes out, Dos will be done, and Tre will be just about done.  Why not just wait until like mid October and release a triple disc album.

Oh wait, I know, a triple disc would cost the consumer less than buying each album individually.

And of course we all know its going to be a case of shuffling through the crap to find the few gems of good songs.  Exactly like 21st Century Breakdown.

why release 30-40 songs which really if u are doing 30-40 the quality is going to suffer on quite a few, when you can create an album of say 15 songs of the best putting all the good ideas together?

Completely agree, if there was more time between albums, like 6 months between each one, then I'd feel like maybe each album warranted a seperate release.  But they're all released so close together, I bet when Uno comes out, Dos will be done, and Tre will be just about done.  Why not just wait until like mid October and release a triple disc album.

Oh wait, I know, a triple disc would cost the consumer less than buying each album individually.

And of course we all know its going to be a case of shuffling through the crap to find the few gems of good songs.  Exactly like 21st Century Breakdown.

You can always just not listen to them....especially if you've lost total interest in the band just quit listening..

BTW i give them credit for not charging 80 bucks per ticket to see them play for 2 hours.

Their live show is amazing and they are playing Irving Plaza (tiny club) in NYC and tickets are $60. I am sure it sold out quick.

I do like how Green Day does play at small venues like Irving Plaza every once and in awhile. Next time they do so I'm definitely go see them. Is their set list just as long in the small clubs?

Stealing from B&N, tsk tsk oli.

The american economy does suck, just because they're rich doesn't mean it's not true. I've never heard them say anything about the american dream not being real...

If they think the rich should be taxed more, I'm sure they are well-aware they are not going to benefit from it. I'm sure they've paid more than you or I ever will. So stating your opinion about it isn't really hypocritical if you think the U.S. government should tax a specific group of people more just because you fall under it. Say you think teachers should be paid more, so for somebody to have that opinion, we should give our money to teachers or we're all hypocrites? No, but it's a desire to change the system, and they've been sincere about it since I can remember. It only works if everybody plays by the rules. For them to just cut a check and call it a day isn't going to do much in the big picture.

Again man, you need to see a therapist. 99% of what you post is money driven and seems to be your passion in life. I'm 100% serious.

Of course it is true that the american economy sucks. What have I been saying all these years? But don't you think it sounds really stupid coming from people who went from being broke to being super rich? I don't want to hear from some guy who made $30mil from our "terrible economy". He has no right. His phoney ass needs to STFU.

It is totally hypocritical to say the rich need to be taxed more Kyle. Green Day are rich. So if they think they should be taxed more, they should cut a check to the IRS. If you asked Billie Joe right now for him to do that, he wouldn't. So he shouldn't fucking say the rich need to be taxed more when in reality he is actually against more taxation of the rich.

Your analogy about the teachers is not the same thing.  Because you aren't directly referencing yourself. If you said "everyone named Kyle should pay teachers more" and you didn't give them money; that would hypocritical. That is what GD is doing. They are refercing themselves (the rich) but then turn around and are unwilling to give.

Therapy? LOL.............There is no need for therapy. What exactly am I curing? Am I supppose to be made into a drone that thinks the world should be greedy and hypocritical? Am I suppose to not question anything?

Well, I don't understand why it's hypocritical if somebody benefits from the economy and still acknowledged that it's in terrible shape. Wouldn't it be worse if he said "No way, I still make money. The economy is fine." You're taking it as it some kind of personal attack. It would be incredibly disingenuous to ignore everybody's struggle.

Also, he is for more tax of the rich. So he will pay more if he is successful. It's not like he's unaware. You never know, he could be giving his money away. We don't know his finances. So to judge him on something you honestly have no clue about it overly judgmental and based purely in assumption.

The analogy of the teacher is pretty apt. If I believed teachers should be given higher salaries and I didn't send my money to the government. It doesn't make me a hypocrite does it? So I vote, and thus I will eventually pay my equal share as everybody should.

You seem to have a tough time dealing with financial things. It has influenced your life (remember that bill you were left with after going drinking with your friends?, the bat incident, etc), you can't deny that. I would recommend it because you seem to be driven by your feelings on money. You love things (like blink, that fitness guru, etc) and then you tear them down after you naively believe they aren't somehow perfect and they disappoint you.  Therapy seems like it would benefit you, but you probably think it's a waste of money....

You can always just not listen to them....especially if you've lost total interest in the band just quit listening..

BTW i give them credit for not charging 80 bucks per ticket to see them play for 2 hours.

I'm sorry did I say that I don't want to hear any good songs from this band anymore?  In fact the quote of mine that you made, has me point out that there will in fact be some great songs on these albums, but its probably going to be exactly a case like 21st Century Breakdown where there were some great songs, but also a lot of crap.

If a band releases good music, I'll enjoy that which is good, but if they also release crap, I will just as easily criticize that which sucks.  Nothing about that means I should stop listening to them.  If anything it means I should pay more attention while I do listen to find the songs that I really enjoy.

Wow Nuclear Family is so good.

Yeah, thats the one song I've been saying all along that I've heard that I think I really like.

Well, I don't understand why it's hypocritical if somebody benefits from the economy and still acknowledged that it's in terrible shape. Wouldn't it be worse if he said "No way, I still make money. The economy is fine." You're taking it as it some kind of personal attack. It would be incredibly disingenuous to ignore everybody's struggle.

Also, he is for more tax of the rich. So he will pay more if he is successful. It's not like he's unaware. You never know, he could be giving his money away. We don't know his finances. So to judge him on something you honestly have no clue about it overly judgmental and based purely in assumption.

The analogy of the teacher is pretty apt. If I believed teachers should be given higher salaries and I didn't send my money to the government. It doesn't make me a hypocrite does it? So I vote, and thus I will eventually pay my equal share as everybody should.

You seem to have a tough time dealing with financial things. It has influenced your life (remember that bill you were left with after going drinking with your friends?, the bat incident, etc), you can't deny that. I would recommend it because you seem to be driven by your feelings on money. You love things (like blink, that fitness guru, etc) and then you tear them down after you naively believe they aren't somehow perfect and they disappoint you.  Therapy seems like it would benefit you, but you probably think it's a waste of money....

Thanks for showing your bias for rich famous people Kyle. Obviously you still have your head up Green Day's ass. Thats cool. You clearly say how hypocritical I am ALL THE TIME for saying the economy is shit yet I apparently also live in excess according to you. Yet when Green Day says it, how dare I call them out for it?

Thats pretty funny.

Like I said the analogy for the teacher is wrong because you aren't referencing yourself. If you believe that YOU should give more money to teachers and don't, you are a hypocrite. But if you just think they should make more, that doesn't mean you necessarily have an obligation.

It is hilarious that you think I am obsessed with money. . I am actually one of the few that isn't obsessed with it. On the other hand, people like Green Day who make $30 million and want money, clearly are obsessed with money.Their entire existance is based off of the money they make The only reason it may seem that I am obsessed is because I dont subscribe to the ideas of money. I may need therapy (lots of people do) but not for money. I'd NEVER become controlled by money no matter how much therapy I got.

1. When have I ever said you are hypocritical for saying the economy is bad? I've said you're hypocritical for getting mad at people who live in excess and you subjectively do compared to other people. Maybe if you actually read what I write....

2. How am I biased for the rich and famous? I have no problem with people making vast sums of money legally and ethically. In which case, Green Day does.

3. I am referencing myself. I believe teachers should make more, but I believe everybody should contribute, not only myself. If I gave the government 100$ extra, it still doesn't go to teachers. I'm not a retarded person, so yeah, I don't do that. GD more than likely gives millions away to charities, so it's actually a lot more productive to do that than to just cut a check to the government (as that may go towards something they don't agree with like defense, banks, etc).

Also, you can't say they don't because you have no clue what they do with their money.

4. Ask anybody here and your name is synonymous with money. If you don't think it's a repeating pattern, you're more delusional than we've all thought...

1. When have I ever said you are hypocritical for saying the economy is bad? I've said you're hypocritical for getting mad at people who live in excess and you subjectively do compared to other people. Maybe if you actually read what I write....

It is the same thing Kyle. You are using personal attacks to discredit an argument. You are using the "doesn't practice what they preach" as a basis for your argument. So it is one in the same. The funny thing is; I do practice what I preach. Green Day doesn't.

2. How am I biased for the rich and famous? I have no problem with people making vast sums of money legally and ethically. In which case, Green Day does.

There is nothing ethical about hording money and living in excess while so many others suffer. I will never understand how people are ok with that. That is like saying I am ok withholding water from a person dying of thirst.  If you think that is justified, you are most certainly biased for the rich and famous.

3. I am referencing myself. I believe teachers should make more, but I believe everybody should contribute, not only myself. If I gave the government 100$ extra, it still doesn't go to teachers. I'm not a remarded person, so yeah, I don't do that. GD more than likely gives millions away to charities, so it's actually a lot more productive to do that than to just cut a check to the government (as that may go towards something they don't agree with like defense, banks, etc).

You are twisiting Green Day's words to try and help them. They said they thought the government should tax the rich. That is what they said. It is in the article. So why are you trying to say they didn't mean that?  That they meant private donation should be given. Don't you think if they meant that they would have said it?

Are you trying to say that Green Day is stupid? That they don't know the difference between taxes and private donations? Well at least maybe we agree on something if that is the case.

Also, you can't say they don't because you have no clue what they do with their money.

4. Ask anybody here and your name is synonymous with money. If you don't think it's a repeating pattern, you're more delusional than we've all thought...

I know they live in mansions. I know they sellout every chance they get. That is all I need to know.

It is the same thing Kyle. You are using personal attacks to discredit an argument. You are using the "doesn't practice what they preach" as a basis for your argument. So it is one in the same. The funny thing is; I do practice what I preach. Green Day doesn't.

There is nothing ethical about hording money and living in excess while so many others suffer. I will never understand how people are ok with that. That is like saying I am ok withholding water from a person dying of thirst.  If you think that is justified, you are most certainly biased for the rich and famous.

3. I am referencing myself. I believe teachers should make more, but I believe everybody should contribute, not only myself. If I gave the government 100$ extra, it still doesn't go to teachers. I'm not a remarded person, so yeah, I don't do that. GD more than likely gives millions away to charities, so it's actually a lot more productive to do that than to just cut a check to the government (as that may go towards something they don't agree with like defense, banks, etc).

You are twisiting Green Day's words to try and help them. They said they thought the government should tax the rich. That is what they said. It is in the article. So why are you trying to say they didn't mean that?  That they meant private donation should be given. Don't you think if they meant that they would have said it?

Are you trying to say that Green Day is stupid? That they don't know the difference between taxes and private donations? Well at least maybe we agree on something if that is the case.

I know they live in mansions. I know they sellout every chance they get. That is all I need to know.

Maybe Green day want to be taxed more too and would love to contribute to the buildings of public stuff!

I'm not saying you are wrong though, they could be greedy as fuck, but how do you know they live in mansions?

They can't solve all the problems of the world, you're saying Kyle is biased when you have an insatiable hatred for people who have a lot of money.  You could donate every cent you have outside of just what you need to survive in order to help people who don't have water; do you?  No, but you're a good person, unlike those dicks in Green Day, so it's different?

well they charged me $110 the first time and $130 the second..

1. When and where have I personally attacked you? Have you gone hysterical? I've pointed out your own hypocrisies. You're not off limits you know.

2. Again, you have no clue what they do with their money. You do not know them personally. Stop assuming they only hoard money.

3. Twisting words? What am I twisting? I explained they wouldn't in their right mind give the government private donations because it would be stupid, as you've suggested they do. They believe the government should tax them and the rich more. That doesn't mean they should give their money away. They want to change the system, do you not understand that? Even if they gave every penny they had, it would be a drop in the bucket. It proves nothing but their generosity and in my opinion foolishness.

4. and it's not like you didn't use your government job to look up Tom Delonge's personal information about and how much his mansion was worth either? Yeah, that's kind of psychotic and pretty much damns you in the whole "I'm not obsessed with money" bugok.

Face it Oliver, you have no argument, you make up shit, and you are obsessed with money and people who are better off than you.